Tottenham Vs Newcastle - Sunday 27th Sept, 2pm KO.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If you was here right now I’d fucking put my fist through your fucking head
Don’t quote me you fucking cunt I ain’t playing this game with you right now.
Yank cunt you ain’t even a Yid
Fuck you
Can't play for the 1-nil Sammy. Have to win the game when it's there to be won, Precious!

For those who are saying that we should have buried the game, well problem its not there because our defense was fucking decent and just the stupid rules fucked us over.

The beauty of football is that scoring is a premium, unlike NBA or Cricket.

Penalties must have like an 85% hit rate for conversion - how in a game that prides itself on the difficulty of scoring can you gift a team a goal for that?!?! It’s beyond understanding.

Until the final whistle, where he’s made 4 posts, Scott’s last post was September 16.

Win games, nowhere to be seen, cheated by VaR he pops in to make digs at Jose.
Clearly didn’t see the game either if he thinks we played for 1-0.

Adapt to what? Changing the human physiology when moving?

You can't jump without raising your arms. The only way to "adapt" is to give them a free header in the box and to tie your arms together.

Under these stupid rules they're going to have to try different things. This will kill zonal marking for starters. You will need to be man for man. I suspect teams will have to stop holding high lines at freekicks and retreat so they are already under the ball and basically eliminate movement and flinging yourself about. It will have to be a focus on a vertical jump, where they can propel themselves up and then get the arms down again, and nothing even a couple of yards away where they need to propel themselves and keep the arms up for 'hang time'.

I'm not saying I like all that, but don't even try to adapt and there will keep being penalties. On the flip side is you might concede more from timid defending at set pieces. It's a shit situation all round until they rethink the rules.

"We should've put the game to bed earlier" is the most ridiculous argument. It's irrelevant whether it's 1-0 or 10-0, that is never a penalty and the complete bullshit lack of consistency with which decisions get checked by VAR is killing the game. The fact of the matter is that's not a penalty and we should've won that game. We don't have ourselves to blame, the players were good today, scoring aside, and Newcastle were fucking wank.

Back
Top Bottom