Tottenham Vs Newcastle - Sunday 27th Sept, 2pm KO.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We have ourselves to blame.

Totally coasted the second half. It shouldn't even have come to this.
Yes and no. Our fixture list will have been the motivation for subbing Sonny off and even without him on the pitch we were in control and should have scored from at least one of the chances we made (why we seemed to scuff every shot we took I have no idea).

So I agree we needed to put it out of sight, but Mourinho only seemed to have us play conservatively in the last ten minutes or so. It should have been enough. We can't be harsh on Dier either because the guy is doing what anyone else would do while jumping to contest a header.

Brilliant first half but means nothing.
Shit second with Bergwin contributing nothing .
Still the better team but without Son lost total control of the game.
Sucker punch but what do you expect if you don't finish a game off when you have had a host of chances.

It was a ridiculous decision to play defensively for a full half with only a 1 goal lead. Anything can happen, especially when Newcastle have such good set piece takers and targets.
Any premiership team are capable of scoring against us. So settling for a goal lead is asking for trouble

We had tons of chances.

Jose wasn't on there missing them.

And he didn't make the new shithouse rule.

I was very pleased with how we played today.

Unfortunately, football is dead.

Killed.

For what reason?

*shrug*
Sorry - you’re right

I’m just seething - can’t believe this shit keeps happening to us

It's a stupid rule, but:

a) players have got to adapt the best they can, and simply aren't. Until they rethink these barmy rules you just have to accept that it is now a series of one vs. one battles man to man for the ball with a static jump focused on your immediate vicinity. Half a yard away from you at max. Not even two or three yards away. But defenders are still propelling themselves trying to cover zonal marking or reach for balls not within their vicinity and getting pulled up on it, so just dont do it. And players are now obviously targeting the arms, and they've got to find a way to deal with it.

b) truly a case of 1-0 is a dangerous scoreline. And a case study as to why you can't and don't wind things down with half hour left and just try to stage manage your way to the final whistle. We did fuck all to try and go and kill off the game after the hour mark, and it came back and bit us on the arse.
Adapt to what? Changing the human physiology when moving?

Fucking ridiculous rule, and I'd be saying that if it went against us. We should have killed the game off but we were managing the game well, this rule should be changed by midnight cause you could literally just aim for people's arms and get penalties. Whoever decided on this has clearly never played the game in their life and doesn't understand how the human body works. I actually almost feel sorry for the referees because they have to call that shit when even they know it's bullshit. VAR is a fucking nightmare but I get why it is there, but this rule, the 'no arm touching whatsoever in the lead up to the goal' rule and the armpit offsides are completely ridiculous and should be eradicated immediately. Hope Jose tears 50 shades of shit out of the rule in his post game presser.

Les Ferdinand said it best after the game in punditry: 'That's ridiculous, it's getting to the point where I don't even want to watch football anymore'.

Have you live under a rock? They did change it... it was shit for the attacking team because any touch of the ball with the arm was no goal. This was changed. Now they have changed the rule that pretty any touch of the ball with arm by the defending team where your arm is not planted to your body is a handball.

What I mean is it's still shit. Not that they have literally not changed it.

Geordies 0 shots on target, 0 attempts. Hmmm let's try to get a silly handball pen as we play absolute dire wank football. Ref in 97th min: Allright then, there you go.

From now on let's just sack off shooting in the box, let's just aim to flick the ball up to hit defender's arms. We'll score 5+ goals every game.

Wonder if the stupid cunts at the FA will do anything about that dogshit rule then?

Imagine we took some more of our chances? nobody would be harping on about the injustice of Newcastle getting an injury time consolation goal. Fine margins in football and holding onto a 1-0 lead for about 70 odd minutes of football is always going to be difficult. It does fucking suck but what can you do?

FOOTBALL IS A BENT CUNT MONEY MAKING MACHINE....

let the fucking cunts who want their fucking |Man Utd, Chelsea, Man City fucking Barca Real elite fucking league have their fucking league... the FA only want their fucking own cock sucking cunt clubs in their fucking dirty pockets... #well guess what, football will be dead in 6 months... it's already on life support thanks to COVID... and you want a 6 team Super league, with every cunt playing eachother 20 times a season in a SUPER PLAY OFF ALL AMERICAN-ARAB QUADRUPLE HEADER... well fuck you...
The FA/FIFA/UEFA have raped our game right up our arse... VAR is the dirty fucking Pimp who they bought to lure the little kiddies into the van ;"PRESS PLAY AND RECORD MYRA!"

Fuck the whole fucking game right now.... it's dead to me.

the whole fucking cuntry is fucked right now... it's not just football... that's just the tip of the CUNTBERG...
we're ALL fucking fucked!

SEE YOU ALL IN HELL.....................................

Back
Top Bottom