Tottenham Vs Newcastle - Sunday 27th Sept, 2pm KO.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The officials are only following the guidelines. Blame the higher ups, not the refs. In this case, they're not at fault.

Answer my point then. How can the Havertz goal have been legitimate if he clumsily handles the ball yet Dier’s unavoidable touch is punished. Help me out- is it one rule for attackers and another for defenders?

It's a stupid rule, but:

a) players have got to adapt the best they can, and simply aren't. Until they rethink these barmy rules you just have to accept that it is now a series of one vs. one battles man to man for the ball with a static jump focused on your immediate vicinity. Half a yard away from you at max. Not even two or three yards away. But defenders are still propelling themselves trying to cover zonal marking or reach for balls not within their vicinity and getting pulled up on it, so just dont do it. And players are now obviously targeting the arms, and they've got to find a way to deal with it.

b) truly a case of 1-0 is a dangerous scoreline. And a case study as to why you can't and don't wind things down with half hour left and just try to stage manage your way to the final whistle. We did fuck all to try and go and kill off the game after the hour mark, and it came back and bit us on the arse.

you try jumping for a challenge with Andy Carroll with your arms down by your side.

Have you ever played the game?

fucking tit. fuck off

Answer my point then. How can the Havertz goal have been legitimate if he clumsily handles the ball yet Dier’s unavoidable touch is punished. Help me out- is it one rule for attackers and another for defenders?
That's exactly it, weighted in attackers favour. Yet they disallow a goal for a toe nail offside. It's a nonsense.

I think it should 100% be hand ball but it's the stupid wording of the rule that makes the clearance by the WBA player last night the goal into a "new play" or whatever. It "resets" if a WBA player clears it now.

Can someone explain to me the new rule because it seems that it's an EPL thing and not a FIFA rule. So i cannot really understand all this mess with the "new handball rulling" when i watch EPL. Thanks

Thing is, this VAR shite could be stopped in a week if football clubs and fans got together. Goalline technology was enough. A few bad decisions prior to VAR was part of the game, it all levelled itself out.

But this has become a farce. Its killing football, and it is ripe for abusing the system

Back
Top Bottom