Heung-Min Son (손흥민)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

And over the course of a season we have Kane, Son, Bale, Bergwin, Lucas and Lamela but that is apparently not enough. No it is vital that we sign a Millik, Waghoust or Diallo. It is laughable

There was never this clamour for a striker last summer or the summer before that. It all comes from January and even Kane and Son came back and Bale added it is the same narrative.

But keep going on about it, and on and on and on and on.
We do need a striker and someone quick like vardy up front

Which is why now have Bale.

Liverpool - the league champions and CL winners don’t even play with a striker. Salah and Mane are wing forwards and Firmino is a AM. Origi is there only forward who is crap. That is just one example so let’s not pretend it is just us.

It’s not the ‘90s anymore - players cover a multitude of positions, especially wing forwards.Son has done numerous times in the past, Bale can easily do so as well.

Firmino is a striker. They may play him deeper than most but he is a striker. Trying to change that is just BS.

And they have Origi in there to play the low level games for them so they don't have to overplay Firmino, Salah and Mane. We have nobody to do that which is why we have played Kane and Son in both Europa League games.

We have nobody like Origi that can do that role for us. A role that he is so awful at had him scoring for them in CL including the final.

Having Bale does us no good in the midweek games. He is currently injured, a starter for us so having Kane, Bale and Son as the supposed striker options means that at least one of them is overplayed during the fixture congestion periods or when guys are injured.

Same with Kane last year. Neither player had a history muscular problems before Mourinho.

Right, so Poch played HK every damn game for 3/4 years straight, had a rep for crazily intense training regimes and none of this took an accumulative toll; yet Jose takes over and 5 weeks later Kane pulls up with an injury and that's all due to Jose?

Sonny pulls up with a handstring and he's now got a "history" of muscle problem?

Absolute rubbish!!!

Not intended as an 'I told you so' but I was honestly surprised to see him in the starting lineup after having played the full 90 on Thursday and with this week's fixture list. Maybe that's also an indication of us essentially throwing the league cup game on Tuesday.

I really really hope that José might be doom mongering on this injury because of how frustrated he was with the result, especially given there's not been a scan etc yet.

Firmino is a striker. They may play him deeper than most but he is a striker. Trying to change that is just BS.

And they have Origi in there to play the low level games for them so they don't have to overplay Firmino, Salah and Mane. We have nobody to do that which is why we have played Kane and Son in both Europa League games.

We have nobody like Origi that can do that role for us. A role that he is so awful at had him scoring for them in CL including the final.

Having Bale does us no good in the midweek games. He is currently injured, a starter for us so having Kane, Bale and Son as the supposed striker options means that at least one of them is overplayed during the fixture congestion periods or when guys are injured.

Now you are just lying my because he has never been that and his goal record throughout his career shows that. He is a false9/AM who they play in that forward position to benefit Mane and Salah. As for Origi - 19 in 90 for them and has been loaned out numerous times. Llorente scored in CL quarter final for us - he doesn’t mean he was good enough though does it?

The likes of Bale, Son and Kane will start nearly ever major game. What you essentially moaning about is not having a back up for the lesser UEFA, FA and league cup games. Oh how will we cope

Now you are just lying my because he has never been that and his goal record throughout his career shows that. He is a false9/AM who they play in that forward position to benefit Mane and Salah. As for Origi - 19 in 90 for them and has been loaned out numerous times. Llorente scored in CL quarter final for us - he doesn’t mean he was good enough though does it?

The likes of Bale, Son and Kane will start nearly ever major game. What you essentially moaning about is not having a back up for the lesser UEFA, FA and league cup games. Oh how will we cope

Firmino as scored 11, 12, 27, 16, 12 for them. That is a decent scoring pace. Not sure which AM we have that puts up numbers like that.

So no Liverpool is not an example despite how hard you try and make them out to be.

Not moaning about. pointing out. We didn't cope last year so yes how will we cope is a valid question. When Son goes out with a muscle injury after having to play 4 games in two weeks it is a question. Why Kane was injured from being overplayed last season it is a question.

We need to figure out how we will cope with no overplaying our players, The fact you are fine with them getting injured doesn't change the fact we need to figure out the best way our top players do not get hurt.

Firmino as scored 11, 12, 27, 16, 12 for them. That is a decent scoring pace. Not sure which AM we have that puts up numbers like that.

So no Liverpool is not an example despite how hard you try and make them out to be.

Not moaning about. pointing out. We didn't cope last year so yes how will we cope is a valid question. When Son goes out with a muscle injury after having to play 4 games in two weeks it is a question. Why Kane was injured from being overplayed last season it is a question.

We need to figure out how we will cope with no overplaying our players, The fact you are fine with them getting injured doesn't change the fact we need to figure out the best way our top players do not get hurt.

Firmino has scored 57 in 177 PL games in total

Dele Ali who is not a striker and has been terrible recently has scored 50 in games 157 on total

Son who can’t play the forward role to the experts on here has 57 in 163.

But Firmino is a striker and not a AM/False 9 where as Son is just a wing forward who can’t play the role.

Yeah - course he is, you keep on telling yourself that

So actually yes I can use Liverpool as an example as they are very pertinent to this.

It is becoming apparent that all that matters is we bring in an out and out forward. We could sign Mane and Salah and the likes of you would still be going on about bringing in a forward.

Mindsets from an other era - I’m almost waiting for the 4-4-2 rhetoric to start.

The point isn't whether Son can do a good job cameoing as a 9.

The point is your backup striker shouldn't be someone you want in your starting god damn lineup for your top games. Your back up is a backup. Someone to sometimes come in at the 60th or so minute to change the game. Someone to play your lower games like europa qualifying and tier 3 opposition in the cups. And someone to be there when a member of your best starting line up gets injured.

Son doesn't fit those things. what is so difficult to see here?

Firmino has scored 57 in 177 PL games in total

Dele Ali who is not a striker and has been terrible recently has scored 50 in games 157 on total

Son who can’t play the forward role to the experts on here has 57 in 163.

But Firmino is a striker and not a AM/False 9 where as Son is just a wing forward who can’t play the role.

Yeah - course he is, you keep on telling yourself that

So actually yes I can use Liverpool as an example as they are very pertinent to this.

It is becoming apparent that all that matters is we bring in an out and out forward. We could sign Mane and Salah and the likes of you would still be going on about bringing in a forward.

Mindsets from an other era - I’m almost waiting for the 4-4-2 rhetoric to start.

Why do you feel the need to make up arguments? I know that it is because your argument is so weak that you need to spin the argument away from it but I wonder what you think are gain from it.

Dele's goal totals- 10. 22. 14. 9. 7 not even close to a legitimate striker option as Firmino who actually is a striker.

I would be more than happy to bring in a versitaile player who can play striker and other roles. bus conductor has suggested a player like Leao. He would be an awesome guy to bring in.

There is no mindset from another era, Liverpool. Bayern, City, RM all have back-up strikers are they playing old school football. Maybe someone should tell them how wrong they are for having back-up strikers and that they should look instead at the great success we have had with no back-up striker.

Nothing wrong with having a backup striker. Every other top club has somebody who can come in or act as a sub when your top boys are tired\injured\rotated.

What's special about us?

But if you have a back-up striker how can you add a CB?

Its impossible. One or the other and the fact you brought up a back-up striker proves that you think we have the greatest backline ever to play the game.

Back
Top Bottom