Heung-Min Son (손흥민)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Bullshit. He overplayed Kane in the Xmas period last season and he's done the same with Son at the start of this one, despite no player having a proper pre season. He's a dinosaur in Sports Science terms.
Why did he overplay Kane? Could it be he had no other option?

Didn't Poch overplay Kane? Was Poch a dinosaur in sports science terms?

Talking out of your arse matey

So Son is now a back up striker? You said he wasn’t so what difference does it make?

Yeah not sure how we are going to cope with just Kane and Bale and Bergwin and Lucas as support.

Better get to the market quick we need a back up striker for the player who wasn’t a back up striker.

LOL

No I said with a healthy Son we need a striker to help with the fixture congestion.

You keep going on about how we have Bale, Kane and Son so don't need a striker because in your world working on getting more than one player is too hard for your little mind to handle and getting in a striker would mean that for some reason we couldn't get a CB.

Kane, Bale, Bergwijn and Lucas does nothing to help us with 3 games next week. We can't play Kane in all 3, Lucas and Bergwijn are terrible options as strikers and Bale is injured.

Overall though if an injured Bale and a horseshit Lucas is your solution it shows how desperately weak we are in attacking options.

Son is not a striker.

Omg Son is injured - we no longer have a back up striker.

The cognitive dissonance of the some on here is hilarious

LOL

You were the one passing off our need for a striker as unnecessary because we had Son.

Now that he is out you're going with the BS argument that he isn't a back-up striker so it doesn't change that we don't need one?

Bwhahahahahaha

You can't make up how ridiculous you are when it comes to this topic.

Son’s goal and assist are what got us through the game. So no. His injury was unlucky, but the schedule hasn’t gone crazy yet after the Orient game was cancelled. Son very rarely gets muscle injuries and we needed him to play as Kane was rested.

This week coming up is where we are going to lose players to injury. It is not humane to make us play 4 games in 7 days.

You are assuming that if Son hadn't played that his replacement couldn't have also contributed as much or more. Or that the team could not have scored in other ways.

If we needed Son to beat Shkrendija then we need massive changes to our team.

Bullshit. He overplayed Kane in the Xmas period last season and he's done the same with Son at the start of this one, despite no player having a proper pre season. He's a dinosaur in Sports Science terms.

There are definitely question marks over him in that respect. At Utd he got rid of the player analysis stats and reputedly wasn't interested in them when he took over here. He likes to run players into the ground. We know that, and some players will not be able to cope with it.

We saw in the documentary him saying he likes players coming off the pitch exhausted and then questioning the medical team when they suggested Son shouldn't play with a broken arm.

Run players into the ground and don’t buy the appropriate back ups, this is what happens.
We have backups on the wing. I can understand Kane to an extent, but Bergwijn, Lamela, Dele all could have played today instead of Son. Move Lo Celso out there. Play Clarke - clearly had enough quality elsewhere on the pitch today.

Mourinho can't play him 5 times in 14 days. Its terrible load management.

How exactly does Mourinho know the extent of the injury??
LOL

No I said with a healthy Son we need a striker to help with the fixture congestion.

You keep going on about how we have Bale, Kane and Son so don't need a striker because in your world working on getting more than one player is too hard for your little mind to handle and getting in a striker would mean that for some reason we couldn't get a CB.

Kane, Bale, Bergwijn and Lucas does nothing to help us with 3 games next week. We can't play Kane in all 3, Lucas and Bergwijn are terrible options as strikers and Bale is injured.

Overall though if an injured Bale and a horseshit Lucas is your solution it shows how desperately weak we are in attacking options.

Sorry I’m confused here - is Son a back up striker or not? Do we need a back up striker for Kane or do we need one Son or both? Just so I’m sure when I paint this in lEVy oUT sign.

Listen pettle - I’m taking about priorities. You have screamed all summer for a striker when we were most weak in RB, CB, LB and DM. We have addressed most of those but still desperately need a CB - a top quality one at that.

We signed Gareth Bale - who scored 20 league goals when he was last there and 1-2 man at Madrid. He has played the forward role but according to FIFA experts on here he is not a striker. Ok

Newsflash - we don’t have infinite resources and have committed large sums already especially if Skirrar joins.

but no you want us to through those at bringing a big money striker in. And don’t pretend that you just want any striker because you don’t-you can see that from the self pitying Deeny posts

Yes let’s resources centred around a 3 week period. Jesus Christ.

LOL

You were the one passing off our need for a striker as unnecessary because we had Son.

Now that he is out you're going with the BS argument that he isn't a back-up striker so it doesn't change that we don't need one?

Bwhahahahahaha

You can't make up how ridiculous you are when it comes to this topic.

So then you don’t believe he is a back up striker so why is it even more urgent that we sign one now hey.

let’s say we sign Milik tomorrow - he can’t play the wing forward role but I guess you would play him there over Lucas or Bergwin right?!

It’s like listening to a spambot who is forever stuck in January. Forget where we need strengthening the most, it’s all about that back up striker. Absolute fools of supporters

Sorry I’m confused here - is Son a back up striker or not? Do we need a back up striker for Kane or do we need one Son or both? Just so I’m sure when I paint this in lEVy oUT sign.

You tell me you are the one who claimed we didn't need a

Listen pettle - I’m taking about priorities. You have screamed all summer for a striker when we were most weak in RB, CB, LB and DM. We have addressed most of those but still desperately need a CB - a top quality one at that.

I haven't screamed about it at all, just pointed out the clear need for it, like the vast majority of fans, media and the manager have done as well.

I have also repeatedly talked about our needs in other areas. Getting a back-up striker does not prevent us from getting help in other areas. Getting a back-up striker does nothing to stop us from getting a top quality CB.

We signed Gareth Bale - who scored 20 league goals when he was last there and 1-2 man at Madrid. He has played the forward role but according to FIFA experts on here he is not a striker. Ok

Bale rarely plays striker, if ever, for RM and didn't come here to play in Europa League games.

Newsflash - we don’t have infinite resources and have committed large sums already especially if Skirrar joins.

We don't need loads of cash to fill the role we need filling.

but no you want us to through those at bringing a big money striker in. And don’t pretend that you just want any striker because you don’t-you can see that from the self pitying Deeny posts

Nope I have repeatedly said we don't need to spend big.

Yes let’s resources centred around a 3 week period. Jesus Christ.

Except it isn't just a 3 week period. We have seen it happen now with Son getting hurt, 3 games this upcoming week, Kane getting hurt during the Christmas break last year, Son going down in the middle of the season last season.

Again every team in the world has back-up strikers. Not sure why we have to be different. Not sure what makes us so special that we can't address the issue for over a year, especially when we repeatedly

So then you don’t believe he is a back up striker so why is it even more urgent that we sign one now hey.

let’s say we sign Milik tomorrow - he can’t play the wing forward role but I guess you would play him there over Lucas or Bergwin right?!

It’s like listening to a spambot who is forever stuck in January. Forget where we need strengthening the most, it’s all about that back up striker. Absolute fools of supporters

I don't think it is any more urgent. Can you point out where I said it was more urgent.

Nope if we sign Milik tomorrow we can play him on Tuesday and Thursday next week so we don't need to risk Kane. We can bring him on late over Lamela if we are down a goal against United. We can use him over the Christmas break if Kane is feeling off and Bale is injured again. We can use him in midweek games in the Europa League group stage so when Son comes back from his injury he can focus on PL games and Kane can have a rest.

And once again bringing in a striker does nothing to prevent us strengthening in other areas.

You tell me you are the one who claimed we didn't need a

I haven't screamed about it at all, just pointed out the clear need for it, like the vast majority of fans, media and the manager have done as well.

I have also repeatedly talked about our needs in other areas. Getting a back-up striker does not prevent us from getting help in other areas. Getting a back-up striker does nothing to stop us from getting a top quality CB.

Bale rarely plays striker, if ever, for RM and didn't come here to play in Europa League games.

We don't need loads of cash to fill the role we need filling.

Nope I have repeatedly said we don't need to spend big.

Except it isn't just a 3 week period. We have seen it happen now with Son getting hurt, 3 games this upcoming week, Kane getting hurt during the Christmas break last year, Son going down in the middle of the season last season.

Again every team in the world has back-up strikers. Not sure why we have to be different. Not sure what makes us so special that we can't address the issue for over a year, especially when we repeatedly

Son can cover that position if Kane is injured, so can Bale. But Kane isn’t injured and we have wing forwards who can cover Son. A ten year could understand this - it is called options, we have them.

Bale rarely plays the striker role - well I must have missed him doing that for Wales. Yeah put him in the centre and he just falls away, same with Son (even though are we have an excellent record with playing that position).

Oh so if we brought in Dallio you would be fine then? if Kane got injured I would play Son or Bale ahead of such players as they both leagues ahead of any of the out and out strikers mentioned.

Again we need a CB the most, if we sign a striker so be it but it is not a major priority. It is clearly not for the club as we have signed a GK, RB, LB, DMF and a RWF and are looking to spend big on a CB.

Jose has said he wants 2 players for every position which is what every managers says. It’s the press who constantly brings this up in his conferences, not him.

Son can cover that position if Kane is injured, so can Bale. But Kane isn’t injured and we have wing forwards who can cover Son. A ten year could understand this - it is called options, we have them.

None of this addresses what we do when we have fixture congestion like we do now, like do we at christmas.

It also doesn't do anything for times like now when two of them are injured (and with their injury history no reason to think that won't happen again).

Bale rarely plays the striker role - well I must have missed him doing that for Wales. Yeah put him in the centre and he just falls away, same with Son (even though are we have an excellent record with playing that position).

Again Wales and how often does he do it for them? If Bale could play striker why did Real Madrid not use him there?

Why is the solution always to play guys out of position rather than get in actual strikers to play striker?

Oh so if we brought in Dallio you would be fine then? if Kane got injured I would play Son or Bale ahead of such players as they both leagues ahead of any of the out and out strikers mentioned.

Diallo is far from my first choice but if we brought him in for cheap I would be much happier then the current situation,

Son would not have had to play midweek as often as he had, Diallo could play both games midweek letting Kane not risk injury, against United if we are down a goal I would rather Diallo coming on than Lamela.

Again we need a CB the most, if we sign a striker so be it but it is not a major priority. It is clearly not for the club as we have signed a GK, RB, LB, DMF and a RWF and are looking to spend big on a CB.

I don't think it is any more urgent. Can you point out where I said it was more urgent.

Nope if we sign Milik tomorrow we can play him on Tuesday and Thursday next week so we don't need to risk Kane. We can bring him on late over Lamela if we are down a goal against United. We can use him over the Christmas break if Kane is feeling off and Bale is injured again. We can use him in midweek games in the Europa League group stage so when Son comes back from his injury he can focus on PL games and Kane can have a rest.

And once again bringing in a striker does nothing to prevent us strengthening in other areas.

We don’t spend tens of millions on fees and wages for a game next week and the one after. The contacts are for years.

Clearly you believe it it is urgent as you constantly bringing it. For me the urgency is the defence - even bloody Jamie Carragher was able to recognise that today.

And few here mention it- Vertonghen gone, Toby on the slide and a first choice pairing of Dier and Sanchez. Yeah definitely the priority is a back up striker.

Its the equivalent to someone trying to claim a pre Van Dyke Liverpool’s main priority was a forward. Yeah sure

We don’t spend tens of millions on fees and wages for a game next week and the one after. The contacts are for years.

Clearly you believe it it is urgent as you constantly bringing it. For me the urgency is the defence - even bloody Jamie Carragher was able to recognise that today.

And few here mention it- Vertonghen gone, Toby on the slide and a first choice pairing of Dier and Sanchez. Yeah definitely the priority is a back up striker.

Its the equivalent to someone trying to claim a pre Van Dyke Liverpool’s main priority was a forward. Yeah sure

Its not for the game next week though it is for the games over the whole season as has been repeatedly pointed out.

I don't constantly bring it up at all, I have talked way more about Skriniar and the defense than striker. I am just able to think about more than one thing at a time. I can see the need for both.

You can keep trying to make up these arguments about people making back-up striker a priority but they remain just as BS as your argument overall.

What is the equivalent? Your made up narrative?

Its not for the game next week though it is for the games over the whole season as has been repeatedly pointed out.

I don't constantly bring it up at all, I have talked way more about Skriniar and the defense than striker. I am just able to think about more than one thing at a time. I can see the need for both.

You can keep trying to make up these arguments about people making back-up striker a priority but they remain just as BS as your argument overall.

What is the equivalent? Your made up narrative?

And over the course of a season we have Kane, Son, Bale, Bergwin, Lucas and Lamela but that is apparently not enough. No it is vital that we sign a Millik, Waghoust or Diallo. It is laughable

There was never this clamour for a striker last summer or the summer before that. It all comes from January and even Kane and Son came back and Bale added it is the same narrative.

But keep going on about it, and on and on and on and on.

And over the course of a season we have Kane, Son, Bale, Bergwin, Lucas and Lamela but that is apparently not enough. No it is vital that we sign a Millik, Waghoust or Diallo. It is laughable

There was never this clamour for a striker last summer or the summer before that. It all comes from January and even Kane and Son came back and Bale added it is the same narrative.

But keep going on about it, and on and on and on and on.

It wasn't good enough last year.

It has already shown not to be good enough this year.

Why is it ok for every other team in the world to have a back-up striker except for us? What do we know that they have all got wrong?

It wasn't good enough last year.

It has already shown not to be good enough this year.

Why is it ok for every other team in the world to have a back-up striker except for us? What do we know that they have all got wrong?

Which is why now have Bale.

Liverpool - the league champions and CL winners don’t even play with a striker. Salah and Mane are wing forwards and Firmino is a AM. Origi is there only forward who is crap. That is just one example so let’s not pretend it is just us.

It’s not the ‘90s anymore - players cover a multitude of positions, especially wing forwards.Son has done numerous times in the past, Bale can easily do so as well.

Back
Top Bottom