Summer 2020 Transfer Thread

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Find it weird people are more upset now than 24 hours ago. We played a terrific game. Probably our best of the season. There’s reason for optimism.

The Son injury sucks for sure. But we’ll have a striker in before the window closes and we can survive until he’s back.

But I will acknowledge it’s dumb we’ve gone this long without buying one.
Not really weird at all, people are upset because we drew with a team with team we should have smashed plus Son's injury, VAR and no striker compounds it even more.

I do agree though there is cause for optimism, Jose's work seems to be paying off. If we continue playing like that I genuinely believe we can win trophies.

On any other day Kane and Son both would have scored from their chances and we would have gone in 3 up at least at half time...

Clearly these days you not only need to beat and score against the other team but you also need to beat VAR/Officials, which means scoring a goal just to protect you against cuntish decisions...

Anyway its gonna be a busy week both on and off the pitch👍👍

You know what, fuck this shit. I'm sick of it now.

Just bring back Parrott and let him learn by playing with the first team. He will get games, especially with Son and Bale injured. The only reason he went to Millwall was to get game time.

He can get game time with us and actually help us rather than some other team.

He seems to have picked up the spurs striker injury curse too though. He’s missed a few games for the already.

You may think it’s nonsense, but the entire planet knows that Kane plays when he’s even half fit. Every striker knows they won’t shift him. Does someone take a risk and hope Kane gets injured to give them a chance? Even if they come in at that point and score a hatful, Kane is back in the team when he says he is. Naming this as nonsense is fine, but it doesn’t make the actual real life issue go away.
It’s more the use of language as in: “Kane back-up “; implies that another striker can never be good in their own right. I don’t disagree in essence with what you’ve written, but I still believe we need another good quality striker that can compete. We’re reliant on our front three - currently - to get the goals; previously Dele and Eriksen would bag a few etc so the front free not always scoring was acceptable. I just want another striker - makes footballing sense
Edit. Apologies if in wrong thread; still getting to grips with the format on here

On any other day Kane and Son both would have scored from their chances and we would have gone in 3 up at least at half time...

Clearly these days you not only need to beat and score against the other team but you also need to beat VAR/Officials, which means scoring a goal just to protect you against cuntish decisions...

Anyway its gonna be a busy week both on and off the pitch👍👍

Yep. One goal cushion isn’t enough. We should of learnt that by now. We can’t relax until we score the second.

It’s more the use of language as in: “Kane back-up “; implies that another striker can never be good in their own right. I don’t disagree in essence with what you’ve written, but I still believe we need another good quality striker that can compete. We’re reliant on our front three - currently - to get the goals; previously Dele and Eriksen would bag a few etc so the front free not always scoring was acceptable. I just want another striker - makes footballing sense
Edit. Apologies if in wrong thread; still getting to grips with the format on here
Fuck mate, if that’s all you have to apologise for on here, I’m sure you’ll be fine. 😂

I do agree that we need a class striker to step in when Kane is unavailable. I really do. I just know that these players know they’ll hardly play. Any that thinks they will play would cost a fortune. And even then it’s no guarantee of quality.

However, Liverpool have managed to persuade Jota that joining them is a good idea. Don’t know if he’s going to be a success or if he’s worth the money. Also dont know if he’s been promised playing time or been told they are selling one of the front three soon. Or are they just bunging him a slip of cash every week. Whatever they have done, it shows it’s possible I suppose. Let’s see if he becomes a success or not.

Fuck mate, if that’s all you have to apologise for on here, I’m sure you’ll be fine. 😂

I do agree that we need a class striker to step in when Kane is unavailable. I really do. I just know that these players know they’ll hardly play. Any that thinks they will play would cost a fortune. And even then it’s no guarantee of quality.

However, Liverpool have managed to persuade Jota that joining them is a good idea. Don’t know if he’s going to be a success or if he’s worth the money. Also dont know if he’s been promised playing time or been told they are selling one of the front three soon. Or are they just bunging him a slip of cash every week. Whatever they have done, it shows it’s possible I suppose. Let’s see if he becomes a success or not.
Don’t forget I’m used to the main thread parameters on SC... the lease of freedom has me discombobulated

Yep. One goal cushion isn’t enough. We should of learnt that by now. We can’t relax until we score the second.

I don’t think the team relaxed. They still had a solid second half. Hit the post. Keeper made great saves. Not extending the league was more unfortunate than the team slacking off. And defensively they prevented Newcastle from having a single attempt on target until that shit call. The team did their job and got fucked. I don’t buy the “should’ve scored more so it didn’t happen” type opinion in this scenario. We shouldn’t have to account for awful decisions like that.

Not sure we're getting Skriniar on loan + option considering Inter are only selling him due to liquidity issues... hopefully we're only haggling or have back up options.

Shipping out 3 or 4 players, whether it be a loan or permanent, and doing deals for a striker and possibly a centre back, all in the space of 7 days? Colour me pessimistic but it seems too much to do in such a short space of time to me. Not that I have the first idea of the mechanics of a transfer deal but still.

Back
Top Bottom