Maradona

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The man certainly lived!

Beast of player; never seen anything like him at his peak.

RiP Diego.

Didn’t live the healthiest life so not entirely surprised he didn’t live till 100 but still a shock. That is going to be some funeral in Argentina.

Da90YpIX4AAiGC5

One of my favourite footballing pictures - the love he had fot football and win for his country.

RIP

Nothing but admiration for his rise despite coming from nothing. Truly an icon, "¿barrilete cosmico de que planeta viniste?" you're gone now, rest easy.

Last edited:
Thats just reminded me of this video, where someone brings on a bag of white powder for him to get his nose into during the 1986 World Cup All Star game...

Still the best player I've seen in a Spurs shirt, only Pele could challenge him
as the greatest ever, IMO.
Not surprised he has passed away, but still a shock. RIP Diego, you lived life to the full your way.

Just finished work and saw this, 2020 just gets worse and worse.

RIP Maradona.

I've said it before, if not the greatest of all time, for sure the greatest Argentine player ever above Messi, he could literally drag slightly above average to average sides to glory, case in point Argentina 1986 & Napoli 1986.

Still the best player I've seen in a Spurs shirt, only Pele could challenge him
as the greatest ever, IMO.
Not surprised he has passed away, but still a shock. RIP Diego, you lived life to the full your way.

I saw him play in the league v rest of the world game in 1988. He was booed with every touch my the crowd. Hard to understand as a kid watching it as one of my first football matches.

A true legend.

Back
Top Bottom