Other matches Fred - 2020/21

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

My theory would be that pressing teams will struggle this season because there was a very short summer break, so players didn't get the chance to recover. Then there was hardly a pre-season, I believe this affects pressing teams more as pre-season a lot of work is done on conditioning, as a follow on from that a lot of work is done on the team structure (learning the triggers of the presses, the setting of pressing traps, work on set routines for corners, throw-ins (they have a coach just for these), goal kicks, free kicks etc.. it might look like free-flowing football it's anything but, highly orchestrated moves are at play.

So, yeah it's the training but not too much, there hasn't been enough. Also, the recovery summer break very short (just look at us following World Cup) and there are 2 games a week every week, soon to be 3.
I'd also add that it's possible that after a few seasons of intensive pressing, teams just can't keep up that intensity. We had I'd say 2 seasons of flat out pressing whenever we didn't have possession, we seemed to gradually slack off after that.

That's all opinion, I haven't been ferreting out stats or anything.

So, what is actually going wrong at Sheffield Utd?

1 point so far from 10 is just shockingly bad. And even that point was abit lucky against Fulham. They haven't got a win since July of last season.

On course for a whopping 4 or so points this season. Just strange.

1 point so far from 10 is just shockingly bad. And even that point was abit lucky against Fulham. They haven't got a win since July of last season.

They really haven't looked that bad whenever I have seen them but they seem utterly incapable of putting the ball in the net

Tonight's a perfect example , clear cut chance a few minutes ago, no excuse for not putting that away

How Alaves is beating Real away with a Woolwich flop and a Newcastle flop leading the line is beyond me...

Score 1:0

XPG 1.29 : 3.06

United could have battered them on the quality of those chances. Some absolute sitters, the one at the end terrible

Score 1:0

XPG 1.29 : 3.06

United could have battered them on the quality of those chances. Some absolute sitters, the one at the end terrible

I get that.

But surely, no team can be unlucky for 4 months?

Today they were unlucky, for sure, and could have won that.

But they've got 1 point from their last possible 39.....

1 point in their last 13 Premier League games.

That's 3 points over the course of 38 games if they keep that rate up. That's awful. That isn't just bad luck in finishing and missing sitters.

Sander Berge is terrible. I've watched him about 15 times now and he's nowhere near good enough for us. Not sure why some of our fans were wanting him.

Back
Top Bottom