Question

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Nope, nope, nope. Diva with huge attitude but unlike Ronaldo can’t back it up. Like Dele is good around the box but average elsewhere.

Maybe Levy will buy him as a present for Jose, just so Jose can make him play in the U23's for his time here! I think thats the only reason Jose would ever want him here!

I’d rather we sign Oliver Skipp from Norwich instead of wasting money. He’s having a phenomenal season, is a fantastic ball winner and initiates attacks out of nothing in the blink of an eye. Would be perfect next to Højbjerg in the years to come.

He’s also free.

:levywtf:

Didn't he sulk last time when Jose was at United?

If I am any team I am wary of taking Pogba, but even moreso if he already had a falling out with Jose and considering he isn't a guaranteed starter with us.

If you could guarantee me a 100% committed and happy Pogba I would make the move in a heartbeat. But considering the chances of that are about 0.0000000001%, no thanks.

Gab Marcotti saying on a podcast that United just need £25m for Pogba to break even on this deal, due to amortization. No idea how that works and not wishing to find out, but does this seem plausible?

Doubt they’d accept that level of cash for him, but no way are they getting anywhere near what they paid.

So Pogba is considered "home grown" because he spent 10 months in Manchester when he was 16, but Eric Dier is forrin because, despite the fact he was born in England to English parents, they had the temerity to work abroad for a while when Eric was a kid? Have I got that right?

Perfectly understandable if so.

So Pogba is considered "home grown" because he spent 10 months in Manchester when he was 16, but Eric Dier is forrin because, despite the fact he was born in England to English parents, they had the temerity to work abroad for a while when Eric was a kid? Have I got that right?

Perfectly understandable if so.
A “club-trained player” is defined as a player who, between the age of 15 and 21, irrespective of their age or nationality, has been registered with their current club for a period, continuous or non-continuous, of three seasons or of 36 months between the ages of 15 and 21.

Pogba born 15 March 1993 joined ManU on 7 October 2009 (so aged 16) and signed for Juventus on 3 July 2012, probably completing the 3 seasons required to be regarded at Club trained for ManU and HG for other PL clubs.

PL clubs will not be able to sign players under 18 under new FIFA rules in future.

A “club-trained player” is defined as a player who, between the age of 15 and 21, irrespective of their age or nationality, has been registered with their current club for a period, continuous or non-continuous, of three seasons or of 36 months between the ages of 15 and 21.

Pogba born 15 March 1993 joined ManU on 7 October 2009 (so aged 16) and signed for Juventus on 3 July 2012, probably completing the 3 seasons required to be regarded at Club trained for ManU and HG for other PL clubs.

PL clubs will not be able to sign players under 18 under new FIFA rules in future.
Does that mean that it will be impossible for English clubs to have HG foreign players in the future?

I know 21 minus 18 equals 3 but unless we sign them on their 18th birthday, they won't be able to be here for 3 years by the time they're 21.

Does that mean that it will be impossible for English clubs to have HG foreign players in the future?

I know 21 minus 18 equals 3 but unless we sign them on their 18th birthday, they won't be able to be here for 3 years by the time they're 21.
I think there will be far fewer 'foreign born' HG players, but I think there may still be some, based upon the current definition (see below) of a club trained player where the precise definition is the end of the season during which the player turns 21. Need to see whether this definition changes though.

Article 42 Player lists • Regulations of the UEFA Europa League • Reader • UEFA Documents
A "club-trained player" is a player who, between the age of 15 (or the start of the season during which he turns 15) and 21 (or the end of the season during which he turns 21), and irrespective of his nationality and age, has been registered with his current club for a period, continuous or not, of three entire seasons (i.e. a period starting with the first official match of the relevant national championship and ending with the last official match of that relevant national championship) or of 36 months. In the context of this paragraph, the season immediately preceding a player’s 15th birthday may be counted if his birthday is after the last match of the relevant national championship but before or on 30 June (winter championships) or 31 December (summer championships), and the season immediately following his 21st birthday may be counted if his birthday is on or after 1 July (winter championships) or 1 January (summer championships) but before the first match of the relevant national championship.

Back
Top Bottom