Spurs vs Leicester City 20 Dec 14:15

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We are forced to play Sissoko because Ndombele / Lo Celso are not able to play in the positions they were brought for.

Lo Celso looks like he could develop into a player in a season or 2, but Ndombele; we need to get rid. He won't improve.

4 Disagree's?

Did we really spend 100m+ on 2 players to rotate as (ineffective) number 10's? Our number 10 should have chalked up 8+ assists by now; especially with Kane/Son ahead of them. They have 1 each.

No, Ndombele was supposed to play next to Holjberg; but he can't. He is too risky on the ball and to slow to chase players down.

GLC as a number 10 is not effective. Whilst a good tackler, he is a poor passer of the ball and of no use in set pieces.

A lot of the Everton match in the performance today, except that was the first match of the season and before our transfer business was done.

More concerning now.

I was struck by two main things,1) how much more space City players had after a pass than our boys and 2) how many times we seemed to be second to a ball, or even waiting for the ball. Neither are to do with Mourinho-ball but bad decisions/tactics by us and good tactics by them. We need to have more attack to the ball.

Looks like I had one of those "gut feelings" I've read about

:mourfacepalm:

Shit from 2-14 (Hugo gets something of a pass I suppose) and from the Manager too.
Poor effort for the penalty though

Had he stood still he would have saved it as Vardy didn’t connect well but harsh on Hugo

Shit performance

But the point is that we had a lot of very poor performances in the EL and had to bring on Kane and Son every game to even get through the qualifiers. They're not a good thing to use to support us doing well.

We were doing really well in the league, recently we've been very poor, let's hope we can turn it around.
So winning the EL group isn’t good enough because of how we won it

No, Ndombele was supposed to play next to Holjberg; but he can't. He is too risky on the ball and to slow to chase players down.

GLC as a number 10 is not effective. Whilst a good tackler, he is a poor passer of the ball and of no use in set pieces.

This is practically the exact opposite of both player's strengths. Almost comically so to the point where this has to be performance art.

Football can proper go fuck itself sometimes...
I assume there will be numerous players under the bus tonight... and the media can go back to salivating about their favourites!

Let's see how the media juggle the quandary of the 'Leicester Fairytale' compared to the 'Liverpool Juggernaut'
Winners both in the eyes of the media. As long as Mourinho gets fucked and they generate clicks by both supporting and condemning Ole then their world will continue to revolve on very well greased wheels.

Do you think we were good in the qualifiers and most of the group games? Or so poor that we had to bring on our key, star players most games despite clubs like Leicester and Woolwich playing full reserve XI's?
Do you think our CL group the year we got to the final was good?
Did you give a shit in Amsterdam?

also bale, lucas and bergwijn offering no goals....so you shut kane and son and we are done. kane has clearly looked off it against bindippers and today as they had a plan for him. and the few chances he got he fluffed.

Back
Top Bottom