Spurs vs Leicester City 20 Dec 14:15

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Wait for the 'better team lost' gifs in the morning... we just love feeding the trolls, can't help ourselves!

we set 'em up, they knock 'em down!

Or...Bale was playing some nice one touch stuff and no-one saw him in all the space on the right and decided to pass to Sissoko who then plays it square because he needs eight touches to control the ball...

Bale was bright enough when he came on- certainly no worse than the rest.

bad day at the office all round - Hugo was okay.
He can't run mate... am I only one seeing it?

We were poor and lost, that is football it happens but what is more upsetting for me is seeing how much of a wanky fan base we have these days.. never in my years have I seen so many fans delighted and happy that we lose..
I just hope they are all on here and not out in the real world.

Palace had a go at it, but Leicester just cracked it
play us at our own game - make us venture out to fill the gaps then turn the tables on us.
We then went full on Spursy and gifted them a pointless penalty and an own goal (as well as the goal that was coming as we pushed up into unfamiliar territory, but they were robbed of by a gnats gonad offside call)

it was just a matter of time before we got rumbled.

The big gripe about Poch was his lack of a plan B - lets see if Jose has one.

Hopefully idiots will stop calling for this now and realise he is done.

There was a moment where the Leicester left back flicked it over Bales head and he turned and you could see the grimace on his face at the thought he had to track back 10 yards, and this was 5 minutes into the half, It's the equivalent of me when I got to 14 stone at pub level and couldn't run or turn anymore.

We send him back and do it now, if Eriksen is available try and get him in as a temporary solution to add some creativity for the rest of the season.

Eriksen the Inter bench warmer- no thanks. We lacked heart today and someone who is weak mentally and physically and gives up is not the answer

Completely and utterly outplayed from back to front.
Turgid gutless football yet again from Jose. This % bore fest only works when you scrape a win by scoring from the 2 shots you create.
Suits your agenda perfectly

You must be so pleased

It was a poor performance all round

Stop being so dramatic

No XG then?

Even though he specifically mentioned the EL?
But the point is that we had a lot of very poor performances in the EL and had to bring on Kane and Son every game to even get through the qualifiers. They're not a good thing to use to support us doing well.

We were doing really well in the league, recently we've been very poor, let's hope we can turn it around.

Leicester a mile better than us today

Our worst performance under Mourinho, absolutely awful

Ndidi won every single second ball and we didn’t have a player within 15 yards of him

Toe punts from Dier to no one all game. We have zero creativity when Ndombele and Lo Celso are off the pitch

We have no plan B for going a goal down, the better teams will take advantage of that, Leicester took the piss out of us today

Need a serious reaction against Wolves

1. Jose's plan requires absolutely perfect execution, one mistake and you are done.
2. Yes we had a good run of games where we did not make the mistakes, but it was never sustainable
3. Now we have 3 games in a row where the mistakes crept back in and boom we are toast
4. When we are in a hole, there is no plan B, this team is not quite capable of switching gears from disciplined defence to all out attack
5. Simply put, Jose's coaching methods need a much higher caliber of defensive players who are not so error prone (not Aurier, Davies, Dier and Sissoko) to get you titles.

So yes our top of the table position while it was fun, was a bit of a red herring . Realistically top 4 is the aim - which at this point looks tough in itself.

And honestly even if we do get back on a run of good results, this football is horrible to watch.

not matter how you chop it up, until we get a conductor in the middle of the park we are buggered.

sissoko plays as ndombele is less inclined to do the leg work, hence ets rotated with le celso.

thats why i have been banging on about sanson.

Back
Top Bottom