Spurs vs Leicester City 20 Dec 14:15

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It’s about our collective attitude. We are still prone to going soft.

I bet that if Liverpool had lost to Palace yesterday, we’d have attacked this game properly. That 7-0 put the frighteners on us and went went limp. We saw what it would really take to win the title and got scared.
How can you say that? We're literally 20+ games away from anything close to title talk. If Liverpool would have lost to Palace you'd have said well I think the players got too much pressure seeing they could get back on level with Liverpool and played like that. Anything to excuse the performance.

What a weird game. We had more possession, more shots but somehow gifted them 2 goals. They didn’t really earn them. Thought Jose made some bad subs. Next week will tell if we are really title contenders or just a top 4 team

That match today is why I have refused to get carried away. And why I have refused to buy into Mourinho. Leicester are bit a better team than us. I know this is going to garner massive X’s, but I’m bored of this “football” now. I have said privately that I would stomach it for a title/cup. But I never really believed it would produce that. Cup games are obviously one offs and therefore I wouldn’t write off winning one. But fuck me my brain might be too dead to understand what’s happening by the time Hugo hoists the Carabao Tin Can above his head.

It seems that the team doesn’t have the ability to play a possession based progressive style. Like they have forgotten or lost the skills and mental/positional awareness to play in that manner.

For the first time in YEARS I’m feeling I could skip a game. It’s just not an enjoyable way to spend 2 hours.

Daniel needs to take down the motto “To dare is to do” and the quote “the game is about glory” for the next 18 months. Which is how long I can see José lasting.

Please, please José, let the footballers play football before you ruin the likes of Tanguy, Gio, Sonny and Harry for ever.

This may well be a melt. But I just don’t like the style.
stating the obvious doesn't make you a melt - apart from to the people whose brains are made of jelly and ice cream.

The Blanchflower quote means a lot to me, and, I thought, to the ethos of this club. The prostitution of that belief is tough to watch.

I'm fuming Baz.

I think Jose is shit Baz.

Utd just go above now as I type, only 4pts above West Ham. "winner"
I’m also fuming with the game and our performance
A shitshow where nobody can claim any credit

I think Jose is gray and will turn it around so I won’t melt unlike a lot on here with agendas

What a weird game. We had more possession, more shots but somehow gifted them 2 goals. They didn’t really earn them. Thought Jose made some bad subs. Next week will tell if we are really title contenders or just a top 4 team
Top 4 will do me

Hey FB.
This is such a ridiculous season. Honestly can’t work out whether I’m enjoying it or not.
But happy Christmas to you and all you FC chaps. Hope you get everything on your lists.
That was embarrassing. Fair play to the foxes for turning up .I honestly think things are so bad that we may get relegated to the Scottish premiership

Back
Top Bottom