Spurs vs Leicester City 20 Dec 14:15

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

No and I’m glad we didn’t . The football under him for the last 18 months was awful aswell .. although he did run out of patience with the board , which I can totally understand
Ironically the match was a reminder of of the late Poch days. Poor defending, couldn’t string passes together and clueless in attack.

Think the better team lost today.

Nah just joking. Dreadful game. Silly from Aurier, ruined the game plan. 2nd half struggled without Lo Celso. Bale with no impact so far. Need to start creating more, a Plan B.

I have to say that the Leicester players were on their game today. They were not allowing Kane or Son any time on the ball. Every time Son or Kane were receiving a pass, there were at least 2 Leicester players on them. They were forcing our other players to beat them. They just played very well defensively.

We were unlucky with conceding a brainless penalty and then a lucky own goal. If Toby left the header, it would have been harmless and an easy grab by Hugo.

I have to say Tanguy wasn’t as effective today and Lo Celso wasn’t as effective today but looked up for it a bit more than Tanguy. Looked like Tanguy may have been affected by that early challenge.

Bale didn’t offer much coming on. Moura didn’t offer much coming on.

Last edited:
Like I said I’m not bothered about other fans. If we are to sacrifice our identity for trophies, at least let’s win some trophies. I’ll be honest mate, I can’t watch this rubbish and pretend I’m enjoying it.

We can’t win trophies before Christmas. This is Jose’s first full season and we should judge him at the end, if he’s potless then fair enough. Chelsea played vile football to win the CL do they care? No they beat us across the head with it every week. I’d play this football all day long if it produced a trophy.

Jose is a coward. He is so frightened of what the opposition might do rather than concentrate on what we are good at. He has been found out now, not surprising as his tactics are so basic. Has he got a Plan B. No. Will he change his tactics. No. Will he rotate in this hectic schedule coming up. Of course not because he loses trust in players too easily - one mistake,OK - make another mistake and you’re out. Shame Levy won’t a-ply that policy to Jose

We can’t win trophies before Christmas. This is Jose’s first full season and we should judge him at the end, if he’s potless then fair enough. Chelsea played vile football to win the CL do they care? No they beat us across the head with it every week. I’d play this football all day long if it produced a trophy.
Ok Billy. I respect your opinion. I hope you have as decent a Christmas as possible under the circumstances.

EFL should do everyone a favor and jam the league cup so that the final is on Boxing Day. That way we can all be very happy or very mad two months sooner. Seems like a win win.

What the fuck does it matter what Mourinho has won in the past in the context of what he does with us?

I mean, I get that you can admire and credit the guy for his oeuvre, but in terms of what he's doing now with us, who gives a shit?
Levy obviously did by appointing him

We are a bit ofa joke imo, mourinho has just somehow got some good results with his shit anti football, now we are starting to get the results our play and tactics deserve....
I hate this, but mourinho was never going to do anything different was he...this is what he does, then it starts to go really wrong and he starts to poison the place just like at chelski the 2nd time and utd......get rid of him before he starts to sell our creative players in order to buy more stagnant robots like he always does..those matic types...

How dose that translate to Spurs, this team, our performance today?
Today it doesn’t
The future it will but it’s the same risk with any manager you appoint but no doubt you and Guido are happy with today’s result and performance because it suits your agenda

Back
Top Bottom