Spurs vs Leicester City 20 Dec 14:15

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Manure were looking flat and Ole was getting it from all corners... look at them now.

Everyone try and relax a little.

Plenty of twists and turns, yet.

Things change.
For some. I don't include us in that. Ole is a puppet. He has little or nothing to do with how Manure play which is why he got the job.

I can't be bothered with a match summary. I could write an essay but my biggest issues are:

1. Can't believe Winks is getting stick.
2. Jose decisions were appalling.
3. Despite whichever way we play, I really hate the fact that we have zero movement off the ball. It was the same under Poch. The difference being we had 70% possession going from one side to the other and back.
4. The team didn't look up for it from the get go.
5. Why did we throw on 4 forward players without thinking about how we would get them the ball. You need balance.
6. When is Lamela back?

Winning lots of trophies 🏆

Not for anything he did today obviously
Praising him for winning stuff at Chelsea????

reguilon-cricket.jpg

This is the the thing isn't it. Mourinho used to be able to coach some initiative into teams too and even his pragmatic phases would be more aggressive than much of our passive limp shite has been - I'm thinking first 30 today, Liverpool, and second halves against Woolwich, Chelsea - it's like he has has no idea how to coach or tactically set us up to take any pro-active initiative in games, so those games - Burnley, Brighton, West Brom, Everton, Newcastle etc - we have no pattern to our play, poor movement.

Our attacking impetus is largely focused around getting Kane and Son into isolated breakaway situations - and we've been lucky that for the first 3 months they've been in the best form of their lives. I've been saying for a while if we lost Kane or the opposition start figuring out how to keep them quiet, we are going to be fucked, especially with the midfield players we have who contribute nothing offensively. It's not a terrible tactic, but you need more. I'll live with some clever tactical pragmatism if it's aggressive and has some initiative attached, but just camping in our own box for an hour at a time, even against the likes of Palace and Woolwich is just asking for trouble.

Also bang on about Kane. Right from the off he just looked lethargic today. Probably for the first time this season - since Everton maybe - I thought he looked disinterested and was making very little effort off the ball.
Spot on.

The only element I’d disagree with is I thought we were good against Newcastle. It’s up there as one of our better performances of the season IMO and we balanced attack and defence well.

We have become laughably predictable as an attacking entity already. It’s counter or hope for a mistake, nothing else.

This result was coming in games against WBA, Brighton and Burnley. Anyone that called it out was a “melter” because we won.....

How are leicester a lesser team than us?

Call me optimistic but I wouldnt go into a game with Leicester and be so passive.

We're not playing City or Liverpool. Sure, they're a good side that need respect but we should have offered more than we saw today.

Could have played for hours without ever scoring from what I saw.

Last edited:
I can't be bothered with a match summary. I could write an essay but my biggest issues are:

1. Can't believe Winks is getting stick.
2. Jose decisions were appalling.
3. Despite whichever way we play, I really hate the fact that we have zero movement off the ball. It was the same under Poch. The difference being we had 70% possession going from one side to the other and back.
4. The team didn't look up for it from the get go.
5. Why did we throw on 4 forward players without thinking about how we would get them the ball. You need balance.
6. When is Lamela back?
Very good observation

How? He was very good vs Liverpool
Not in my book.
He gave away the corner Firminoo scored the winner. That's only just from what I remember. Hey if don't see the problem with him that's fine by me. Usually a boat load of people don't see what I see.

Back
Top Bottom