Spurs vs Leicester City 20 Dec 14:15

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

No win in three games and the over reactors will always come out in full force. The first blip we’ve had this season. Win the next couple and we’ll be ok. No need to panic just yet. Some fans just don’t have the stomach for it
Absolutely
The melting on here is off the scale

Personally these defeats are less painful as the football is so shit .
Even victory lacks an overwhelming pleasure as it's been ground out by suffocating the game .
Totally agree with that. The wins (bar United) feel like eating chocolates with the wrappers on. There is just no real buzz, no real highs or lows. You could enjoy looking at the table when we were top but there was no real sense it was going to last.

Today it doesn’t
The future it will but it’s the same risk with any manager you appoint but no doubt you and Guido are happy with today’s result and performance because it suits your agenda
I'm a Spurs fan, why would I be happy? Has anything I've said today translate into the state of happy?

Not liking Jose the person, or his football doesn't mean I have an agenda. The fact that he's received praise from me at points this seasons attests to this.

Even the best teams in the country in the last years took more than one full season to win the big ones. It’s not FM or fifa

This is Mou's second season, for all intents and purposes. Lately, managers are winning the title in the first two seasons or not at all. The only exception post SAF is Liverpool.

2013/14 City - First season
2014/15 Cheslea - Second season
2015/16 Leicester - First season
2016/17 Chelsea - First season
2017/18 City - Second season
2018/19 City - Third season (repeat)
2019/20 Liverpool - Fifth season (4th full)

Even Mourinho was talking about a title this season when he was brought on. Mou was brought on for one reason - trophies. It's the only thing he's ever cared for so it's the only thing he's judged on. Too early to tell at this point (obviously) so I hope Spurs get something more than a League Cup out of this.

No win in three games and the over reactors will always come out in full force. The first blip we’ve had this season. Win the next couple and we’ll be ok. No need to panic just yet. Some fans just don’t have the stomach for it
Mourinho's style of play doesn't get the benefit of the doubt. He either wins or there's literally nothing else. That's the issue a lot of people are having.

If he starts winning again then it's a different story, but this is always the deal with Mourinho and he embraces it.

Mourinho's style of play doesn't get the benefit of the doubt. He either wins or there's literally nothing else. That's the issue a lot of people are having.

If he starts winning again then it's a different story, but this is always the deal with Mourinho and he embraces it.
Exactly this. Been banging that drum since he came, for this football to be justifiable you have to be winning a shit load of games and winning or seriously challenging for the title.

Ndombele sub was bad sissoko should have gone off if we really wanted to attack and win the game. Again that is Jose being too pragmatic and defensive. FFS we are losing and you basically take off one of your two players who can actually do something with the ball and bring on another forward as like for like replacement? Why not take off Aurier he cost us the pen he cane off later anyway. Why bring in winks when Vinny could have been put on and we could have hit aimless long balls to him which is what dier was doing most of the game. To me Jose picks on ndombele more than any other player even when some of his faves play the full 90 and play crap. How on earth sissoko stay on for 90 he cost us the 2nd goal. I said to my son that I bet Vardy will win the header when the cross comes in and he did.
Sissoko at no point seemed to know vardy was even there let alone jump with him. He is a lump in all sense of the word. He has looked good in games against city and Chelsea, gooners even because of the way we play. Don't understand the subs either. Despite costing us the first goal and effectively the game, and costing us a goal against spam and palace, aurier is still our best full back and going forward he might have created something. Ultimately we lost any width as sissoko had no mobility to run that line. Vini should be on over bale who I think is done now. Lucus is another aimless player. Honestly think once we went a goal down it was game over. They were always going to sit back and play on the counter, we rarely break down teams like that as you saw from the long balls and backwards sideways passing for the second half.

I think he's had one proper window and it was a great one and he needs time another couple of windows in my opinion. Nothing much will in Jan. A lot of deadwood and whilst the bench can look good. There's not a lot we can use to really change the games Top 4 and any cup has to be our aim but when top 4 would be a good season as we need to get back there

I had avoided coming in to see, knew it would be like it but couldn’t resist.

Add a couple of disappointing results on top of the covid news and people need to vent. I understand that but some realism is required.

Yeah it's just venting for the most part. People say a lot of things in the heat of the moment.

I've kind of accepted that it will be this way. Under Mourinho if we're not winning there are no other positives, but generally he's very good at winning.

So we have now lost to the 3 teams above us in the league although beat manure which I think if the game was played today we would lose. We beat city and stank out the Chelsea game showing no intent to win the game. I don’t count the gooners game as everyone beats them now. Manure will be 4 points ahead if they win game in hand so can’t catch them up at the moment. We have 8 points from 18 in last 6 games. So I wouldn’t say that is a great return considering everyone has been salivating about forwards and lethal counter attacking. Lose to wolves which is a big possibility considering how they beat Chelsea and we are in danger of completely dropping out of the running. All those like brazil defending JM with his record need to look at the stats. Also think we have only scored 6 goals in the last 6 games. Need a reality check we arnt actually doing that great compared to the other teams. Everyone is dropping points but generally most of the teams in the top 8 play a different style to us and they a lot of pace whereas we play so slow unless we have the odd counter. Once that is blunted there is nothing.
Another thinG I wonder how many of our players in a few years looking back at this period will say they didn’t enjoy playing this way. They can’t say anything now but deep down they are probably not big fans of it.

Some people need to learn the difference between melting and justified criticism.

If you're positive about that performance, it's you that is deluded. No one else.

I named 9 games earlier we've performed poorly in.

You shouldn't perform poorly in that many games throughout a whole season if you want to be taken seriously.

This is Mou's second season, for all intents and purposes. Lately, managers are winning the title in the first two seasons or not at all. The only exception post SAF is Liverpool.

2013/14 City - First season
2014/15 Cheslea - Second season
2015/16 Leicester - First season
2016/17 Chelsea - First season
2017/18 City - Second season
2018/19 City - Third season (repeat)
2019/20 Liverpool - Fifth season (4th full)

Even Mourinho was talking about a title this season when he was brought on. Mou was brought on for one reason - trophies. It's the only thing he's ever cared for so it's the only thing he's judged on. Too early to tell at this point (obviously) so I hope Spurs get something more than a League Cup out of this.
I meant league title. Obviously we don’t need 5 years to challenge for the cups

Oh and if city win their game in hand they jump us so do Chelski so we will be 7th. Of course the Jose ball style that some people love keep going on about that it got us to top of the table got a few games and now some are saying trophies are not handed out now.

Back
Top Bottom