Italian football!

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Napoli a no show vs Juventus.

They had a number of players test positive for Covid. They appealed to the FA for a cancellation. The FA tld them the game has to go ahead.
Juve turned up, Napoli didn't so I assume the game is given to Juve 3-0

Master Pirlo

gazza7.jpg

typical Juve style

Before judging I would ask you to inform yourself.The question is very thorny. Milan and Torino had 2 positive COVID-19 like Napoli but they played. The Serie A rule is a precise number of positive players (10 or 12 I don't remember). Napoli asked Juventus not to play and then turned to the local health facility to ask not to play. The problem is that the players weren't in isolation: Mertens' photos at the restaurant ended up on Twitter ... What self-isolation is that? It seems a very exploited question ...

Napoli a no show vs Juventus.

They had a number of players test positive for Covid. They appealed to the FA for a cancellation. The FA tld them the game has to go ahead.
Juve turned up, Napoli didn't so I assume the game is given to Juve 3-0

Salernitana (Salerno is close to Naples) in Serie B with two positive players went to play the same day in Verona with Chievo and hardly attacked Napoli.

Before judging I would ask you to inform yourself.The question is very thorny. Milan and Torino had 2 positive COVID-19 like Napoli but they played. The Serie A rule is a precise number of positive players (10 or 12 I don't remember). Napoli asked Juventus not to play and then turned to the local health facility to ask not to play. The problem is that the players weren't in isolation: Mertens' photos at the restaurant ended up on Twitter ... What self-isolation is that? It seems a very exploited question ...
I didn't know that Torino and Milan had two cases; it's the first time I have heard that.
I just think that regardless of what is the law, Juve have lost a chance to show some class in agreeing the postponement.

I guess they got other things to worry about, like how to handle the fact that Ronaldo, Dybala, Bentancur, Cuadrado, Danilo, Demiral and Buffon have violated the covid restrictions on isolation

Nobody is a saint, but there are occasion when we can show some class, like we did with Leyton Orient

Last edited:
I didn't know that Torino and Milan had two cases; it's the first time I have heard that.
I just think that regardless of what is the law, Juve have lost a chance to show some class in agreeing the postponement.

I guess they got other things to worry about, like how to handle the fact that Ronaldo, Dybala, Bentancur, Cuadrado, Danilo, Demiral and Buffon have violated the covid restrictions on isolation

Nobody is a saint, but there are occasion when we can show some class, like we did with Leyton Orient

I would have preferred not to play but it's a matter of rules.
Lega Serie A has a protocol and Napoli has delegitimized it. If your speech is correct why did Napoli ask not to play and then let the players go to restaurants?

So to recap: Napoli wants to postpone and asks Juventus. Then he turns to the local health institute which (clearly) certifies an opinion in favor of Napoli.

I would have preferred not to play but it's a matter of rules.
Lega Serie A has a protocol and Napoli has delegitimized it. If your speech is correct why did Napoli ask not to play and then let the players go to restaurants?
I am not attacking you , you are a decent poster, and I want to assume that those were the rules (if those are the rules, there something profoundly wrong, in my opinion. I just think that Juve had a chance to show some class and they missed it. They certainly don't need that to win Serie A again

Ok about your comments about Mertens going to the restaurant, but Juve got six players who have violated the covid restrictions : Ronaldo, Dybala, Bentancur, Cuadrado, Danilo, Demiral and Buffon. Hardly an example for any other club

Back
Top Bottom