Kieran Trippier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Does this ban extend to Spanish league?

With his news, no wonder Levy and co accepted a low fee for him back then.

Knowing Gary with his moral high ground stance, it may likely be the end of Trippier's chance to make the EURO squad. Even international career under Gary.

He told his mates in a whatsapp group that he was moving clubs. They then went and placed bets on it.
Seems a pretty harsh penalty to me.
The fact that you can bet on transfers is fucking stupid anyway.

He told his mates in a whatsapp group that he was moving clubs. They then went and placed bets on it.
Seems a pretty harsh penalty to me.
The fact that you can bet on transfers is fucking stupid anyway.
I have family who used to play /manage, always got a nod before they left (mainly my dad as I was younger) couldn't ever do large bets. We are probably talking 100s rather than 1000s.

He's been great for Atleti. Become an essential player for them this season. Most of their fans have him nailed on in their XI, if not one of the highlights of that XI. Today was the first match of his ban and I've seen plenty of comments about how he was already missed.

Really pleased for him. Most Spurs fans didn't realise he was playing through low-level injury for most of his last season (I seem to recall making this point several times during that year, so the information was out there) and he didn't deserve the level of criticism he got as a result. But maybe he needed a fresh start.

Either way, I don't think he's going to have too many regrets when he's raising the La Liga trophy with a relatively unfancied club having been a key part of the winning team.

All that over such small sums... Why are England players such thick cunts on and off the pitch?

Anyway, shouldn't have sold him. Was better than Aurier, and is miles better than Doherty. We sold him for 20m and bought Doherty for 15m. Fucking idiotic.

How is robbing the absolute scum known as bookies of a few hundred quid anything to frown upon?

Fuck them for allowing bets on transfers and whatnots, I can see why it would upset people if it was something that had to do with the integrity of the game, but this doesn't. Only one suffering is the bookies here, and their job is to rob people.

However, how fucking dumb are you Tripps? At least tell them in person and not by text...

All that over such small sums... Why are England players such thick cunts on and off the pitch?
Effectively take kids out of school at a young age.
Smother them in a toxic environment.
Spoil them with wealth that completely insulates them from accountability.
Surround them with enablers looking to grift off their wealth.

Ehh, I get it. It's the same problem with child stars in Hollywood.

You know what bookies do to people who are betting well?
They limit them to put 2 pence as max bet, essentially shutting down anyone winning. You won't get a reason either, they will point to their customer agreement in which it says they can ban, withhold payment or limit anyone, whenever and without reason.

And the FA, Sky, clubs, and pretty much the entire sport is in bed with them.
If there's anything bringing the game into disrespute it's them.

You know what bookies do to people who are betting well?
They limit them to put 2 pence as max bet, essentially shutting down anyone winning. You won't get a reason either, they will point to their customer agreement in which it says they can ban, withhold payment or limit anyone, whenever and without reason.

And the FA, Sky, clubs, and pretty much the entire sport is in bed with them.
If there's anything bringing the game into disrespute it's them.

Or you know. As a professional footballer, you can follow the rules?

Effectively take kids out of school at a young age.
Smother them in a toxic environment.
Spoil them with wealth that completely insulates them from accountability.
Surround them with enablers looking to grift off their wealth.

Ehh, I get it. It's the same problem with child stars in Hollywood.
Yeah, it's a pretty wild situation. Though my uninformed perception is that a few of the other countries do it better.

Back
Top Bottom