Kieran Trippier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I bet you just follow rules all day without ever voicing your opinion on why those rules or law are wrong.

Didn't even defend Trippier.
It shouldn't be his mistake to make.

I wouldn't break a rule so fucking stupidly that's for sure.

Guys a fucking moron. No wonder we fucked him off.

Trippier told his nates to put money on it. At least, IMO, thats a big difference. Telling your mates you are joining a club is one thing. Telling them to bet on it is something else.
That's a typical media distortion. They were using part of a quote to make it look worse. He didn't tell his mate to do it; he said he didn't mind if his mate did. Also a big difference.

The exact quote was "lump on if you want", after his friend asked to do it, and the media took only the "lump on" part to use out of context.

Anyway, I'm posting because he had another great game for Atletico today. He's joint 4th in La Liga assists (with 6) despite playing about ten fewer games than anyone else in the top 5. Impressive stuff!

The sad thing is that it's starting to really appear as if we're the problem. He's been brilliant for Madrid and (considering that he hasn't played for about ten games) I'm impressed he's also gotten back in to England. Clearly didn't do anything wrong or else he the FA would never have let him out a shirt back on as principle.

In hindsight we should've never let him go and frankly, I would love to hear what he really has to say about the club

I like Tripps. He's a solid 7/10 player and is miles better than Doherty, and far more reliable than Aurier. We desperately need a quality right-back. Even someone like Jonny Otto would be an improvement on what we have. I'd love Ricardo Perreira from Leciester. I think he's top quality.

The sad thing is that it's starting to really appear as if we're the problem. He's been brilliant for Madrid and (considering that he hasn't played for about ten games) I'm impressed he's also gotten back in to England. Clearly didn't do anything wrong or else he the FA would never have let him out a shirt back on as principle.

In hindsight we should've never let him go and frankly, I would love to hear what he really has to say about the club
He wasn’t brilliant for us though - last season was shocking and has now moved onto a defensive team in a weaker league so fair play to him. We we right to move him on and on paper Aurier seemed like a very good replacement.

Anyway - him and Doc are finished now so we need a Reguillon-type replacement else we’re fucked

I like Tripps. He's a solid 7/10 player and is miles better than Doherty, and far more reliable than Aurier. We desperately need a quality right-back. Even someone like Jonny Otto would be an improvement on what we have. I'd love Ricardo Perreira from Leciester. I think he's top quality.
Agree with perreira. Excellent. To me trippier was very poor last season half. His main quality at first was very good delivery but that wained over a year or 2 and his positioning was always suspect. He was prone to a mistake or 2 as well the most memorable v chelsea

Pereira would be the one for me.
For me he was the most complete FB in the league

I don't know if he is as good after his serious injury but still quality..

A league winner with Atletico Madrid.

28th ex Spurs player seemingly to win a trophy since Spurs last won a trophy in 2008.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom