Jose Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I think tonight more than any other time showed he is completely finished as a top manager
Picked a 1st 11 more concerned with stopping fulham
Didn't see that substitutions were needed 10 mins before they scored
He has no confidence in his own ability as a manager anymore
He goes into every game hoping Kane turns it on
Should be put into any managers contract if you make fulham look like prime Barcelona you should be sacked on the spot

When we were winning that was thr only thi g that mattered. I didn't enjoyed watching our games, some I was, but mostly not.

Now it's just so predictable and boring. Dunno

I can't believe these words are going to leave my mouth but I honestly can't stomach it anymore, even if we win a cup.

I would rather lose and watch us play decent football than fucking watch us do the same predictable shit week in week out and drop points.

It's fucking soul draining watching this team, depressing.

I just think Mourinho is so scared of losing that he forgets that games need to be won.

I'm at a loss and yet it is so predictable.

He is a man with maybe too much intelligence and yet 4 times the same mistake in so few games. Amazing.

Last edited:
I’m not Jose out but I’m not sure how much of this I can take, even winning a league cup after a season of this dross wouldn’t
Be worth it! Something needs to change, I thought it was due to tiredness but most of the team had the weekend off!

I can't believe these words are going to leave my mouth but I honestly can't stomach it anymore, even if we win a cup.

I would rather lose and watch us play decent football than fucking watch us do the same predictable shit week in week out and drop points.

It's fucking soul draining watching this team, depressing.
Yeah I get how you feel, football is meant to be exciting , doesn’t seem so any more

I’m not Jose out but I’m not sure how much of this I can take, even winning a league cup after a season of this dross wouldn’t
Be worth it! Something needs to change, I thought it was due to tiredness but most of the team had the weekend off!

I am in the same boat mate and you know how positive I have been about us and him since his appointment.

I just can't...I literally hate watching us at the moment, it's mentally draining, we have a huge amount of talent in this team and I feel like it's being wasted. No cup is worth this.

Our consistent failure to kill off games is predictable and that's down to the manager.

I just think Mourinho is so cared of losing that he forgets that games need to be won.

I'm at a loss and yet it is so predictable.

He is the man with I intelligence and yet 4 times the same mistake in so few games. Amazing.
Weird thing is that I thought we were playing some good football and scoring a shit-ton of goals in the first chunk of the season.

Did he get spooked, a bit like when we beat Chelsea 5-3 and they suddenly played more conservatively for the rest of the season?

We’ve dropped 10 points from winning positions late in the 2nd half to Newcastle, West Ham, Crystal Palace, Wolves and Fulham. That’s the sides 10, 13, 14, 15 and 18 in the league. It’s simply inexcusable at this stage that the same mistakes keep been made practically every other game.

Boring boring boring. Predictable we concede when 1-0 after 70 minutes.

Why is he never proactive with his substitutions?
Oh look we’ve conceded now let’s make a sub. Everyone could see something needed to change prior to the goal

Take off Ndombele and replace with Lamela? Why not put someone on who ‘might’ be able to create something like Dele? Bale?

*Sigh*

Criticism for sure but how many times can we miss chances? Should of been 3 up at HT. Son should of made it 2-0 missing a 1v1.
Yeah man, that's the actual problem. We have so many good chances but we are wasteful af. It's not Mourinhos fault if we don't kill the game soon enough DESPITE having the opportunity. We are playing counter attacking football and we are used to defend but we also used to be surprisingly in front of the goal but we are doomed if our players can't score. It's too easy to blame Mourinho on that. But atleast our players can move on without getting ripped off.

We’ve dropped 10 points from winning positions late in the 2nd half to Newcastle, West Ham, Crystal Palace, Wolves and Fulham. That’s the sides 10, 13, 14, 15 and 18 in the league. It’s simply inexcusable at this stage that the same mistakes keep been made practically every other game.
I think one of the worst things about this statistic is that, despite our good defensive record from open play, it's going to play on the mindset of the team more and more and we're going to panic in the last stages of any match where we aren't a minimum of two goals to the good.

This evening it looked like we got thoroughly spooked and in some regards we were fortunate not to lose 2-1 towards the end.

Back
Top Bottom