Jose Mourinho

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The 3-0 defeat was truly shit but no worse than the crap we’ve been served in some games under Mourinho this and last season.

No one is denying that Poch needed to be replaced, it looked like he was also spent and maybe the players were too. You keep crying about domestic trophies, maybe you need reminding that we played in a League Cup final in Poch’s first season? Then we played a couple of FA Cup semis.
The Brighton game was probably the worst Spurs game I've watched in the past 5 years... maybe along with the Newcastle loss on the final day where they got a red card.

But he'd lost the faith of the squad at that point and had little to no impact on the tactics, he shouldn't be remembered by those last few months, at least in my opinion.

If ever there was a live action, before our eyes example as to why this mans tactics simply do not work in any way shape or form in the modern era, tonight was the night. I mean where do you start...

In footballing terms, Fulham played us off the park tonight. Their movement, one touch passing and attacking play was a level above ours all night. Fulham, ladies and gentleman.
Our attacking play is so shockingly poor it actually beggars belief. There’s no structure to it, no evidence of any kind of coaching at all. I’ve reference this before, but if you watch us play, almost every chance we create is just off the cuff. It’s a piece of magic, a lucky break away from an interception, a through ball from Kane or Ndombele to Son. It’s absolutely baffling to me that Jose Mournhio thinks that this is a winning formula. Yeah we’ll win some matches playing this way like Leeds where we’re lucky and every shot we take goes in. But there will be far too many games like tonight where all our chances don’t go in and we drop points.

The really sad thing about this depressing Mourinho era is that there’s every chance he could fluke his way to a League Cup, and even if he finishes 10th in the league and leaves us in an absolute heap he’ll have brainwashed a large number of fans who’ll claim his time here was a massive success and that he was some sort of massiah, similar to how some clowns claim he was a success at United.

The man is completely, and utterly, done and dusted as a top level manager. He’s also a slimy, arrogant, two faced prick to boot who I have no doubt will throw many a player under the bus before he’s through with us to cover up for his hopelessness. I for one, cannot wait until he’s gone from our club.

Rant over. Mourinho fan boys (if there’s any left) come at me.

No one is denying that Poch needed to be replaced,
I am. It was Levy that needed to be replaced.

Our downturn in form was a direct result of Pocchetino losing confidence and becoming disillusioned with his employer failing to share his vision and giving him the backing he deserved.

He'd just dragged the team to a Champions league final on the back of One and a Half years of £0.00 investment.

He was mentally shattered

Last edited:
Fucking wow indeed

That must be one of our worst sequence of league results in decades!

it’s not Wow though is it mate ? It’s Spurs and it’s what we do every fucking season without fail. Give Tottenham Hotspur even a sniff of success or being top of the league, you are guaranteed they will fuck it up in true Spursy fashion like they do every year. It’s no surprise to anybody supporting Tottenham that we will always bottle it. It’s in our DNA and we will be the same every single season.

If ever there was a live action, before our eyes example as to why this mans tactics simply do not work in any way shape or form in the modern era, tonight was the night. I mean where do you start...

In footballing terms, Fulham played us off the park tonight. Their movement, one touch passing and attacking play was a level above ours all night. Fulham, ladies and gentleman.
Our attacking play is so shockingly poor it actually beggars belief. There’s no structure to it, no evidence of any kind of coaching at all. I’ve reference this before, but if you watch us play, almost every chance we create is just off the cuff. It’s a piece of magic, a lucky break away from an interception, a through ball from Kane or Ndombele to Son. It’s absolutely baffling to me that Jose Mournhio thinks that this is a winning formula. Yeah we’ll win some matches playing this way like Leeds where we’re lucky and every shot we take goes in. But there will be far too many games like tonight where all our chances don’t go in and we drop points.

The really sad thing about this depressing Mourinho era is that there’s every chance he could fluke his way to a League Cup, and even if he finishes 10th in the league and leaves us in an absolute heap he’ll have brainwashed a large number of fans who’ll claim his time here was a massive success and that he was some sort of massiah, similar to how some clowns claim he was a success at United.

The man is completely, and utterly, done and dusted as a top level manager. He’s also a slimy, arrogant, two faced prick to boot who I have no doubt will throw many a player under the bus before he’s through with us to cover up for his hopelessness. I for one, cannot wait until he’s gone from our club.

This is a magnificent post.

I am. It was Levy that needed to be replaced.

Our downturn in form was a direct result of Pocchetinol losing confidence and becoming disillusioned with his employer failing to share his vision and giving him the backing he deserved.

He'd just dragged the team to a Champions league final on the back of one and a half years of £0.00 investment.

He was mentally shattered
Great post. No one talks about this enough.

The conversation about Pochs demise shouldn’t be about whether he should have gone at the end. It should be about how we let it get to a stage where our best manager in decades became so mentally drained from constantly fighting against the tide that his position became untenable.

My biggest fear is fast becoming that we are being conditioned in such a way as that we will forget/ have already have forgotten how to play quick attacking football

I distinctly remember José’s united team playing exactly like he’s got us playing. Then when the clamour for attacking football got to him and he relented we absolutely battered them. And I’m pretty sure that would happen to us now if we suddenly switched and tried to play possession based progressive footy.

I’m afraid we need to stick with what we’ve got until we’re ready for pain worse than we’re experiencing. We’re just no longer programmed to play with any flair. A real shame for fans of what Tottenham should represent.

The 3-0 defeat was truly shit but no worse than the crap we’ve been served in some games under Mourinho this and last season.

No one is denying that Poch needed to be replaced, it looked like he was also spent and maybe the players were too. You keep crying about domestic trophies, maybe you need reminding that we played in a League Cup final in Poch’s first season? Then we played a couple of FA Cup semis.
And that's the million dollar question isn't it. You're not wrong, but we lost those games and the CL final too. Jose promises to bring "a winning mentality" and we're already in one cup final against a team we've already beaten in the league.

The problem is I don't think I care. Tonight vs. Fulham I had the choice of continuing to watch my laggy, broken stream with some artificial fan noise piped in, or take the dog for her walk. Having bravely endured the first half and my dogs plaintive stares I opted for the latter and think I chose wisely.

With the soul leaving the body of the game from VAR's insistence on measuring toenails and cunts with a towering sense of entitlement (I'm looking at you COVID breachers) I will take a heroic but ultimately doomed tip at the title over beating City on a penalty lottery.

The conversation about Pochs demise shouldn’t be about whether he should have gone at the end. It should be about how we let it get to a stage where our best manager in decades became so mentally drained from constantly fighting against the tide that his position became untenable.
The so called best manager in decades won fuck all and signed the following players-
Aurier. £28 million
Sanchez. £40+ million
Moura. £30 million.
Sissoko £30 million.
£130 million spent we will be lucky to get £50 million back.
Ndombele also cost us a massive amount of money and 18 months down the line still cannot be trusted to complete 90 minutes on a regular basis.
We now have a manager who has won more trophies than we have in our history and some of you deluded pricks still pine for Poch.
No wonder other teams laugh at us

I know at least one poster that talks about that enough.

My biggest fear is fast becoming that we are being conditioned in such a way as that we will forget/ have already have forgotten how to play quick attacking football

I distinctly remember José’s united team playing exactly like he’s got us playing. Then when the clamour for attacking football got to him and he relented we absolutely battered them. And I’m pretty sure that would happen to us now if we suddenly switched and tried to play possession based progressive footy.

I’m afraid we need to stick with what we’ve got until we’re ready for pain worse than we’re experiencing. We’re just no longer programmed to play with any flair. A real shame for fans of what Tottenham should represent.
This is it in a fucking nutshell. I think if we tried to revert we'd get killed. Its odd he has clearly improved Aurier, Sanchez Dier got PEH to do the heavy lifting but he has zero ideas how to coach in the final third. He genuinely thinks you can draw and 1nil your way to the title you can't. Not in the modern game He should admit what he can not do and get an attacking coach on the staff to work with thd forwards. He has us asking way too much from Son Kane and N'dombele. For the first time to night I realised its not at all the personel. It didn't matter who we brought on. Its not Bergwijn or Bale or Lucas its Mourinho.

Nail. meet the head.

Back
Top Bottom