Have we re-signed Christian Eriksen yet?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Not for me Ndombele and Lo Celso much better options. I would rather keep Dele than sign Eriksen again
Dele and Eriksen are completely different players so that comparison doesn't make sense. Lo Celso v Eriksen would be the comparison and as someone pointed out above, GLC has been nothing close to producing numbers like Eriksen did towards the end.

It’s pretty simple , if we get 2017 Eriksen he would absolutely complete the midfield three. He did leave on good terms, don’t begrudge the guy at all wanting a change of scene. I’d question whether he would come into the squad with any hunger, I don’t think coming back to a club really produces a burning desire in a player to excel and it more often just is a comfortable move.

In his last season I don’t think a single player has ever frustrated me more than Eriksen though, he was worse than useless, a meek Danish shadow who would’ve been better walking off the pitch to the lunch room on several of those match days.

I can't see anyone saying we don't want or need Eriksen because we have GLC.
Also, BS, GLC at his best is miles better than Eriksen at his worst. A fucking pot plant is better than Eriksen at his worst. Playing with 10 men is actually a more preferable situation that watching him do fuck all other than give the ball away when he actually gets it.

You seem to also be implying his performances only suffered after the Champions League final - poppycock, He might have racked up some stats in that period, but tell me where they came from and against who?
People would dismiss Defoe if he scored 20 goals a season because he may have got 5 against Wigan in one match and none in the next few games.
That is Eriksen. And it got worse and worse.
And he's gone to Inter and done exactly the same.

I don't care about your delusions.
It is solid black-and-white fact that during his last full season with us Eriksen played 4100 minutes, scored 10 goals and created 16 assists in Premier League and Chamipions league.
And with his 18 months here GLC has played 3000 minutes, scored 2 goals and created 3 assists in EPL+CL.

This is not a debate point. These are facts.

You can explain to me and others that EPL and CL are only made up by shit teams if you want. But then it does not bode too well that GLC is not able to score nor assist even against such rubbish...

He was a phenomenal player for us for many years, but like most others on here I would be hugely underwhelmed if we were to bring him back.
He’s 28 and it’s been far too long since he last played at top form. I really don’t think coming back to the most competitive league in Europe is where he’s going to recapture said top form either.
This would be an absolutely classic Mourinho move, bringing in an aging, past it player on massive wages who'll clog up the squad for years. There are plenty of young promising players in Eriksens position out there.

That wasn't just a bad run of form. That was somebody playing like they didn't want to be here. He let the club and his team mates and his manager down imo. Both bale and modric the season before they left knew they was moving on and gave us 100% on the pitch and still put in top level performances. Felt to me like Eriksen shit all over us because he didn't get his dream move to Real Madrid.
He was playing badly in a team who were all playing badly, there was more to the end of Poch thats meets the eye.

Until yesterday we were starting Harry Winks in league matches, of course there is a space for him. I'd much rather have him than Lucas, Winks or Sissoko. Even in his cack last half-season he produced better numbers than Lo Celso and he's always fit too.

In this very difficult pandemic market we have to be pragmatic. If we can afford to bring Eriksen back then we should do it, our squad has so little quality in midfield. Who else could we get? We don't have the money to buy anyone at the moment.

The reason why Sissoko and Winks get so much game time is cos neither GLC nor Ndombele are seen as suited for the role alongside PEH. GLC and Ndombele are both vying for the 8.5 role and I see Eriksen vying for same. I dont see him being willing and/or able to put in the defensive shift that Mourinho would expect in that role.

But if Eriksen can pull it off, it would transform the team into a true title ciontender

Back
Top Bottom