Have we re-signed Christian Eriksen yet?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Conte wanted him - he made that clear during the season (can’t be bothered to find the quote right now). Levy and Paratici would have been happy to take him because he was free.

don’t think he will play more for United than he would of for us given he has Fernandes ahead of him for his position so it wasn’t playing time that pushed him to Utd.

so please stop with the sentimental rubbish. He didn’t want to come to us. He doesn’t regard Spurs as his spiritual home. We were just a step on his career path.

Baby Reaction GIF

Conte wanted him - he made that clear during the season (can’t be bothered to find the quote right now). Levy and Paratici would have been happy to take him because he was free.

don’t think he will play more for United than he would of for us given he has Fernandes ahead of him for his position so it wasn’t playing time that pushed him to Utd.

so please stop with the sentimental rubbish. He didn’t want to come to us. He doesn’t regard Spurs as his spiritual home. We were just a step on his career path.
Whilst I agree that we aren't his spiritual home, I do think he will probably end his playing career with a greater affinity with Spurs than any other team. His professional career has so far spanned about 11 years. 7 of those have been with us. If he happens to go on to win 4 trophies with United in the next 2 or 3 years I can see that affinity axis tilting. Otherwise I suspect he'll look more favourably on Spurs overall than any of his other clubs bar maybe his hometown club where he started.

Whilst I agree that we aren't his spiritual home, I do think he will probably end his playing career with a greater affinity with Spurs than any other team. His professional career has so far spanned about 11 years. 7 of those have been with us. If he happens to go on to win 4 trophies with United in the next 2 or 3 years I can see that affinity axis tilting. Otherwise I suspect he'll look more favourably on Spurs overall than any of his other clubs bar maybe his hometown club where he started.

I'd assume he cherishes his trophies with Ajax & Inter more than his time with us.....

Beat Man U..

Put bodies on the near post from corners.

Not a fan.. aim for CE with long balls. He has never won a header in his life.

I loved you CE but u are the enemy now.

Easy win

I'd assume he cherishes his trophies with Ajax & Inter more than his time with us.....
I did priginally type Danish/Dutch team in my post but deleted for effect. How long was he at Ajax?

As for the Serie A title, I'm sure that is amongst his career highlights, if not the pinnacle, but do you think he'd rather be thought of as a Milanese or a yid overall? He was there for a year. 7 with us. OK he didn't win anything here, but he must've enjoyed the majority of his time or he'd have been off sooner no?

As I said, I don't think he'd see us as his spiritual home, but 7 years must count for/mean something.

Shane his gone to manure especially if as above posts have suggested we were interested. He could have done a job for two years whilst we develop our own young talent or find some young player who could develop into a number 10.
Now if we wanted someone similar if would be north of £50M.

They've won fuck all for 6 years. They ain't winning 4 trophies in 2 or 3 seasons. City, Liverpool and Spurs will see to that.

Eriksen started for manure vs Brighton as a False 9, and finished as the CM anchor, albeit when they were chasing the match.

I note Roy Keane just trashed McFred - "not good enough to get yanited back to the top" - but thinks Eriksen should be playing in a deeper role.

If they fail in their desperate pursuit of de Jong, & ETH continues to want to play "Ajax football", we could be seeing a lot of Eriksen in that deep CM position. Which will leave Maguire & Lisandro Martinez even more exposed....

:contethumb:

Eriksen started for manure vs Brighton as a False 9, and finished as the CM anchor, albeit when they were chasing the match.

I note Roy Keane just trashed McFred - "not good enough to get yanited back to the top" - but thinks Eriksen should be playing in a deeper role.

If they fail in their desperate pursuit of de Jong, & ETH continues to want to play "Ajax football", we could be seeing a lot of Eriksen in that deep CM position. Which will leave Maguire & Lisandro Martinez even more exposed....

:contethumb:
Eriksen is also a bit fussy about what position he plays. He complained about playing CM for us with Poch in the CL final season.

I don't think Eriksen is defensively as bad as being made out, I saw him tracking back and making vital blocks/takles today. He's not a big downgrade on McFred defensively.

Eriksen is also a bit fussy about what position he plays. He complained about playing CM for us with Poch in the CL final season.

I don't think Eriksen is defensively as bad as being made out, I saw him tracking back and making vital blocks/takles today. He's not a big downgrade on McFred defensively.
Eriksen has never fancied a crunching tackle, but I agree that he's smart & fit enough to try to block opposing passing lanes and cover.

But if ETH's dream "total Ajax" midfield is de Jong - Eriksen - Bruno F (or van de Beek), I think they'll get overrun by at least half the PL.

Back
Top Bottom