Harvey White

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Thought he was more than fine. Not exactly MOTM but a very competent display in what could have been a very difficult game for him against the 'big boys'. Noticed early on they were giving him a bit off the ball, little nudges etc but thought he grew into the game well enough. Did enough to warrant more time in games when circumstances permit in my view.

It's one of those where he's not nimble with a low centre of gravity like a Foden and he's not a strong eat up the ground player like Rice (or even Skipp) so he's sort of put in that category of tidy midfielders like Winks, Carroll and the likes which aren't as aesthetically pleasing.

Personally, I think he could reach a level of say a Ward-Prowse. Not a world beater but a very hard worker, home grown, youth academy product with supreme dead ball ability

Loan to Swansea, who are linked, from now until end of season would be really nice.

I think a season-long loan in the Championship next year will do him a lot of good.

I wonder if he could replace Skipp at Norwich?
He's not good enough for Norwich IMO. If we're not bringing back Parrott from Milwall, I say send him there. They're in need of creativity.

White can help supply Parrott.

Not sure what people were expecting?

I didn't watch much of him in the academy so I have no real preconceptions, but I thought he was bloody fine for a kid playing his what, second proper game? Looked more assured on the ball than the donkey with 10 years more experience next to him. No one on the pitch got through more of it than him either (90 passes 89%)

He was basically given the pivotal DCM remit, and took responsibility, never hid from the game, and contributed us much as anyone in terms of helping us control the ball/game for 90 minutes.
Yeah, it wasn't impressive per se, but it wasn't bad either. I think the occassion got to him a little, he struggled physically too, cos he's so small.

I think each failed free kick sucked a huge amount of confidence from him. He's certainly not got trampoline feet like Lucas and Sissoko.

A bit overhyped though, he's not gonna be the next Eriksen on current evidence.

Thought he was average at best - but no worse than early Winks on average. Hopefully with more games can grow in confidence

Yeah, it wasn't impressive per se, but it wasn't bad either. I think the occassion got to him a little, he struggled physically too, cos he's so small.

I think each failed free kick sucked a huge amount of confidence from him. He's certainly not got trampoline feet like Lucas and Sissoko.

A bit overhyped though, he's not gonna be the next Eriksen on current evidence.

I disagree about “the occasion getting to him”. Didn’t think he looked overawed or flustered at all, on the contrary, I thought he looked more comfortable getting on the ball than "some others", he did lots of tidying up, looked to receive the ball more than anyone on that pitch and got through 90 passes. Did he do anything astounding, no. But I definitely don’t think he looked like the occasion got to him.

The fact that a 19yo is stepping up to take free kicks speaks to some confidence.

And we had even more of the ball second half, despite swapping out an experienced player next to him for another kid.

I'm not claiming he's wonder bread or going to be, it's the first proper look we've had of him, and it was against Marine, so we have to apply caveats in both directions, but he handled the occasion as well as anyone, despite being 19 and having his first senior start.

He's not good enough for Norwich IMO. If we're not bringing back Parrott from Milwall, I say send him there. They're in need of creativity.

White can help supply Parrott.
Millwall paly the worst football the world has seen in this century and we should avoid sending anyone there.

Can't, one of them is against Accrington...

:pochsmirk:

tenor.gif

Back
Top Bottom