Harvey White

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Eo_VgZCXUAElNwr

Think Lucas approves.
Haha, Lucas is the best.

This guy could save us a fortune. Thought he might go out on loan to a Championship team in the summer.
What we have seen so far shows good possibilities. With Skipp and Longstaff we could have a good young midfield.

Put him on the Ollie Skipp path. 20 next season, send him to a top half championship side that likes to play with the ball and a decent striker he can supply passes to.

Maybe him and Parrott together at Milwall or another club. A striker we know has good movement and can finish, and midfielder who can deliver.

Last edited by a moderator:

His 5th assist for Spurs u23 in 10 games this evening (also scored 3 goals this season)

Harvey White - Player profile 20/21 | Transfermarkt

Really good stats for a bang average u23 side. He was getting fouled a lot too, he's doing similar stuff to PEH where drops into the back line and tries to make stuff happen from there, but the team showed no ambition after the 2-0 lead.

With Divine, Skipp and White, our youth midfield has a lot potential.

Really good stats for a bang average u23 side. He was getting fouled a lot too, he's doing similar stuff to PEH where drops into the back line and tries to make stuff happen from there, but the team showed no ambition after the 2-0 lead.

With Divine, Skipp and White, our youth midfield has a lot potential.

Agree with that.

Good thing is that I think all 3 of those play in slightly different positions so its perfectly possible to see all 3 in a Spurs squad in a couple of years time.

Skipp (age 20) atm plays as the deepest and the most like a 'traditional DM' of the 3, although he can roam forward. Definitely looking forward to see him as Hojbjerg's alternative or even partner in some matches next season.

White (age 19) can, and does, play the DM role, but think he is better as a CM/DM as he is more naturally comfortable and productive (assists and goals) going forward. Great set piece taker - his cross for Scarlett's goal was pretty much a set piece as he was under little/no pressure at the time - which could be useful to first team.

Devine I think is probably the most comfortable in a CM/AM role, although he's perfectly comfortable tackling too. Probably technically the best of the 3, but the youngest and not unreasonably for his age (16) needs to practice and refine his undoubted skills over the next year or two before probably seeing any significant first team action - although wouldn't surprise me if he has a couple of appearances off the bench in the next year or so.

But kids develop a lot at that kind of age and even after they start to play in the first team can change their position a bit - plenty of examples whether Ledley King who made his first dozen or so appearances in Spurs first team as a DM, and E u21's as LB before becoming CB and Jan Vertonghen was established as a DM at Ajax before Martin Jol (then Ajax manager) changed him into a CB.

THFCReport - Academy on Instagram: “This @harveywhite48 x @jubrilokedina linkup from corners is dangeroussss. 🥵 #THFC / @SpursOfficial”

Great example of a Harvey White corner, headed home by Okedina

Think we could do with this sort of set piece in PL - he attracts some comparisons with Southampton's Ward-Prowse, but IMO White probably offers more in open play that JWP.

White's contribution to the 4-2 win over Liverpool yesterday

Goal 1 - Okedina heads home from cross delivered by White from right (he usually plays on left)
Goal 2 - White wins a free kick on edge of box, hits the crossbar from the set piece with Lyons-Foster able to tap home the rebound.
Goal 3 - Corner by White, Okedina heads home (as video ablve),

But only one assist (goal 1) under most definitions....

Thought they tried to bully him a bit early on, shame he couldn't do better with the couple of FK he had.

Was a little underwhelmed but he has time.

I was expecting more from him especially considering he’s supposed to be a set piece wizard. I get it was a step up for him but I didn’t see anything that gave an incline of him eventually being another Skipp or Winks.

Whereas Devine showed intent and scored a very good goal and Clarke played with enthusiasm.

Not sure what people were expecting?

I didn't watch much of him in the academy so I have no real preconceptions, but I thought he was bloody fine for a kid playing his what, first proper game? Looked more assured on the ball than the donkey with 10 years more experience next to him. No one on the pitch got through more of it than him either (90 passes 89%)

He was basically given the pivotal DCM remit, and took responsibility, never hid from the game, and contributed us much as anyone in terms of helping us control the ball/game for 90 minutes.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom