Sunderland (home) Ghost of Chimbonda derby

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

72 points for a club clearly in transition following a year where they sold a few of their best players and a new coach who had to integrate new players and implement a new system

That followed a season totaling 69 points.

Nough said on the impact AVB has had this season.

Can't wait to see Bale back, a big time striker and hopefully a legitimate CM in the mix. This team is so close and lets hope Levy throws the kitchen sink at the Summer Transfer Window

From BBC:
Dean, a proud Spurs fan, in Winchester via 81111: What's outstanding is Andre Villas-Boas coming in after his disastrous start with Chelsea, taking a Spurs team without Rafa van der Vaart, without Luka Modric, without Younes Kaboul and Sandro, without Ledley King, without a striker in any discernible form, and getting Spurs to their highest points tally in the Premier League. We were finishing 14th not too long ago and Woolwich were winning actual trophies. Our future is still very bright.

From BBC:
Dean, a proud Spurs fan, in Winchester via 81111: What's outstanding is Andre Villas-Boas coming in after his disastrous start with Chelsea, taking a Spurs team without Rafa van der Vaart, without Luka Modric, without Younes Kaboul and Sandro, without Ledley King, without a striker in any discernible form, and getting Spurs to their highest points tally in the Premier League. We were finishing 14th not too long ago and Woolwich were winning actual trophies. Our future is still very bright.

:defoe::adelol:

i'm not crying...
tumblr_lv6t5iBhHI1qfwz0y.gif

I'll be honest, Im not going to say this was a great season because of the record points tally, or cos it was AVBs first season.

In isolation, they are commendable, but in relation to everything else, we threw it away, we capitulated again, and we would have been in the CL if we had taken only 5pts from the home games against Fulham, Stoke, WBA, Norwich and Wigan instead of 3pts.

More than do-able, and to be expected.

Im pissed off, that even when the goons are so fucking shit, they are still better than us. It wasnt ok last year, and its not this year.

Fuck winning at Old Trafford. We should have beaten Wigan and Fulham.

Neg rep away comrades.

I'll be honest, Im not going to say this was a great season because of the record points tally, or cos it was AVBs first season.

In isolation, they are commendable, but in relation to everything else, we threw it away, we capitulated again, and we would have been in the CL if we had taken only 5pts from the home games against Fulham, Stoke, WBA, Norwich and Wigan instead of 3pts.

Im pissed off, that even when the goons are so fucking shit, they are still better than us. It wasnt ok last year, and its not this year.

Neg rep away comrades.

I feel your pain my friend...

The only reason we should have beaten those teams though is because we have a better group of players, by the same logic however maybe we shouldn't have beaten Utd, Citeh etc etc...

38 games, as many points as you can, we got a lot but others got more.

The good thing for me is that I don't think we have hit top gear more than a handful of times all season, yet we have managed to get results through having an effective system and being hard to beat. I can't think of many times I have been able to describe Spurs as hard to beat in my lifetime. I think there is a whole lot more to come from this team.

However, of course...

:defoe:

I don't give a fuck what the scum did or didn't do we are getting stronger every single season. We now have a manager that is willing to change shit up off the pitch to improve things happening on it. We've signed a bunch of quality players that will only get better and seen Bale develop into something incredible. AVB has now had a season to sort the wheat from the chaff and target where he wants to strengthen.

Let the twats up the road have their day and keep papering over the cracks, change is on it's way

They had a lot of luck in that run-in (just look at the Norwich game), we had piss all, and only fell one point short again.

We're clearly on a par with them, sooner rather than later we'll get the better of them. Just a matter of time. Could easily have happened either of the last two seasons - today we were just one referee decision (Newcastle pen at the end) from besting them.

I blame it on the nob who started the thread - jinxed us from the get-go

Relied on another Bale wonder goal to win, what the fucking hell is wrong with this team - can't you just fucking score like every other fucking team does.

Not sure what you mean by 'throw it away.'
We didn't have 'it' in the first place. We've lost 2 games in the last 5 months. You can't account for Woolwich suddenly hitting title winning form out of nowhere. If that's a true reflection of the quality of their squad then it's them who's thrown 'it' away. 'It' in their case being any semblance of a title challenge.

I feel your pain my friend...

The only reason we should have beaten those teams though is because we have a better group of players, by the same logic however maybe we shouldn't have beaten Utd, Citeh etc etc...

38 games, as many points as you can, we got a lot but others got more.

The good thing for me is that I don't think we have hit top gear more than a handful of times all season, yet we have managed to get results through having an effective system and being hard to beat. I can't think of many times I have been able to describe Spurs as hard to beat in my lifetime. I think there is a whole lot more to come from this team.

However, of course...

:defoe:

THIS.
I think its the main difference between spurs under harry and under avb.. something to take pride in.. yeah i know its nothing compared to failing to make it to champions league.. but sometimes what we need is a reason for us to hold on to our beliefs that spurs will only improve with time.. and for me, spurs being harder to beat these days is that reason.

actually im not an eternal optimist. im still gutted. but fuck that. :avbmad:

Neg rep away comrades.
Same old stuck record Sammy.
We didn't lose it this year, they won it. I can't be arsed to look it up, but I'm sure they had title winning form over the last 10 to 15 games and they still only finished a point above us.
Not gonna post any more on this subject.

Not sure what you mean by 'throw it away.'
We didn't have 'it' in the first place. We've lost 2 games in the last 5 months. You can't account for Woolwich suddenly hitting title winning form out of nowhere. If that's a true reflection of the quality of their squad then it's them who's thrown 'it' away. 'It' in their case being any semblance of a title challenge.

We were 7-pts ahead of them when we beat them in March.

They took 17pts from the next 21 available and we took 8.

Just like last year, we threw it away.

Back
Top Bottom