Dane Scarlett

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

24 March is a big day.

He's 17 then and first time he's able to sign a professional contract, at that age only two years.

I can't think he won't sign but I'll bet everyone at Spurs will be pleased when he has !

The little I've seen of Dane has impressed me. Fingers crossed that he continues to work hard, doesn't let it all go to his head and he gets a chance to show what he can do - if you're good enough, you're old enough.

Skipp ,Scarlett, Tanganga,Markanday, White and Parrott starting to get more into the first team squad mix while shipping out Winks, Sissoko, Moura, Davinson, Lamela doesn't seem like a downgrade even on paper for next season

trouble is getting these lads playing time, 5-10 mins at end of game is ok to start with, but they need to play mans football for lots of minutes/games, so need to be loaned out (like Skipp)
with a squad of 25 the second 11 will be the ones that need to play in the cups/EL so even that's not in the reach of these lads
maybe an option is a rule change on sub's " you can have a 4th sub who has to be under 21yrs of age at start of season,"

With Jose saying that Scarlett will be a first team squad player next season, what are the chances of us sending Vini back and him being our backup?

Too soon imo and I think a loan might be better for him.

With Jose saying that Scarlett will be a first team squad player next season, what are the chances of us sending Vini back and him being our backup?

Too soon imo and I think a loan might be better for him.
I wouldn't want that either too much pressure on him.
I think we should loan him next season to get him more minutes

We either need to keep Vini or buy a new backup ST but perhaps someone older and for the short term with Scarlett and Parrott coming through

Skipp ,Scarlett, Tanganga,Markanday, White and Parrott starting to get more into the first team squad mix while shipping out Winks, Sissoko, Moura, Davinson, Lamela doesn't seem like a downgrade even on paper for next season
Parrott and White probably at a good stage for loans again, I think. Not sure on Markanday. Scarlett depends on his personality and maturity, but a loan to a League one side could be great for him. Skipp and Tanganga both plenty good to be in the main squad, I get the feeling Tanganga never gets the run of games he needs to find his game though.

Fans do routinely overrate youth, it’s the hope that a superstar comes through really and i think it’s common in all fan bases. But it does sometimes happen. Edwards for instance, i never really thought he was that good but many were convinced he was going to be the next Messi including Poch!

Scarlet though, I have to say, looks the real deal to me. It all looks far too easy for him. He has “it” whatever “it” is. He isn’t supposed to be this good at age 16 but somehow he is. I just hope he keeps his head.

totally agree mate. I’m no football expert by all means, but out of all our youngsters, he’s the one that’s caught my eye with his touch and general intelligence at making the runs. You could see it in the Europa cameo he made few months back. He nearly scored his 1st goal within a minute.

I would prefer Scarlett staying with us and playing youth team football for next season. I think he can play the odd game and get a few minutes off the bench for the first team.
I think Parrott is more interesting. He should go out on loan but I think he might prefer to stay with us. Unless his experience at Ipswich is good he could go back to them.

There is a case for using Scarlett and Parrott as back ups for Kane. I can't see levy spending money on a senior back up striker. Unless he tries another loan deal.

Back
Top Bottom