Harry Kane

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

On topic, is Kane suffering from his behaviour when 25 yards from goal? If he finds himself in that position, he’s having a shot on goal. And pretty damn good he is at long range shooting.

But if Salah is 25 yards out, he’s going to try to get into the box before shooting, giving him a better chance. If Vardy is 25 yards out, he’s no doubt scampering through on goal on a one on one with the keeper, again having a better chance.

Doesn’t make any of them any better than Kane, just different.
Vardy is a rat

Is there any reason you don’t just use the ignore function, or stop replying?

I’m bored as fuck with the same ten posters on the Mourinho threads, who bang on and on about him being a cunt, toxic and a dinosaur, so I’ve just stopped engaging. It’s not that difficult.

Infrequent annoying posters are easy to ignore but if you leave prolific trolls unchallenged they just completely destroy threads and they'll keep going until someone, anyone engages with them. He's entitled to his shit opinions but he's saying the same things over and over and over again. Does our best player deserve to this done to his thread?

This forum is self moderated and that only works if trolls are called out.

I’m highly comfortable voting people in the bin. Very uncomfortable with the public requests to bin someone. It’s a bit like grassing to the teacher at primary school.
The really worrying thing is that they genuinely believe it’s a punishment

You just post again when you are allowed

You don’t sit in a dark cage, in 40 degrees Celsius, with a little hole just letting in enough sun to burn your head for a month.

You just do other stuff

Infrequent annoying posters are easy to ignore but if you leave prolific trolls unchallenged they just completely destroy threads and they'll keep going until someone, anyone engages with them. He's entitled to his shit opinions but he's saying the same things over and over and over again. Does our best player deserve to this done to his thread?

You need some proper friends and perhaps a pet

I’ve never seen anyone on here just keep going if nobody responds to them. Honestly can’t think of a single example. And every thread is full of people saying the same thing over and over. We have our entrenched opinions and nobody is going to change our minds. So this thread isn’t that different. It’s only different in the fact that there’s a challenging opinion on our best player. And it’s really not that challenging of an opinion either. Don’t think anyone is saying Kane is crap, just maybe not as clinical as other strikers. Maybe not as “big game” as others. Hardly earth shattering.

As for self moderation, pretty sure I saw the word “mong” in the last page. Liberal chucking around of “cunt” too. Very few twisted gussets about that though. Where’s the self moderation with that? But you want to moderate when a proper Spurs fan repeats an argument purely in response to those debating or arguing with him? Nope.

I have pets, friends in real life and a long term partner. This place isn't my life like it is yours. You quit and came back in a week because you have nothing else.
Did he......did he...actually just name drop his mates, missus and hamster as proof.......to get one up on a troll......online, while claiming he has a life?

:llorishuh:

I’ve never seen anyone on here just keep going if nobody responds to them. Honestly can’t think of a single example. And every thread is full of people saying the same thing over and over. We have our entrenched opinions and nobody is going to change our minds. So this thread isn’t that different. It’s only different in the fact that there’s a challenging opinion on our best player. And it’s really not that challenging of an opinion either. Don’t think anyone is saying Kane is crap, just maybe not as clinical as other strikers. Maybe not as “big game” as others. Hardly earth shattering.

As for self moderation, pretty sure I saw the word “mong” in the last page. Liberal chucking around of “cunt” too. Very few twisted gussets about that though. Where’s the self moderation with that? But you want to moderate when a proper Spurs fan repeats an argument purely in response to those debating or arguing with him? Nope.

This site is mostly very good but it completely goes to shit sometimes if the trolls and shit posters get the upper hand. That seems close to happening at the moment. Some very good posters hsve left the site recently.

This site is mostly very good but it completely goes to shit sometimes if the trolls and shit posters get the upper hand. That seems close to happening at the moment. Some very good posters hsve left the site recently.
I agree with that. We’ve lost many good posters over the years and a good few recently. I know I post a lot less than I used to, because there’s so much negativity on here now. Just a lot less enjoyable. But the site, like all things, evolves. I’ve taken a break from here before and likely to do so again soon. And it’ll almost certainly be a longer break next time.

What I don’t agree with is that sammyspurs sammyspurs is a troll or a shit poster. A fucking pain in the hole to argue with, but he’s never boring.

Back
Top Bottom