Kane vs Lewandowski

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Both are world-class clearly. Elite. But it pisses me off that virtually nobody outside of Spurs seems to put Kane on the same level. Like the kind of pissed off where you really have to talk yourself out of punching some prick in the throat. It's usually something like "Yeah, Harry Kane is world-class but Lewandowski is another level mate". Fuck off, you thundercunt.

Lewandowski is wonderful. But he plays in a league where the defending is comical/none existent every week, and also for a club that's been in the top two or three in Europe since I can remember. Certainly by far and away the best side in Germany. What Kane has done for us year after year, in a pretty average side in comparison to Bayern, in what is a much tougher league and also with dodgy ankles, is just ridiculous. Not to mention that I feel Kane has the better overall game. How many times do you see Lewandowski get a brilliant assist, or knock a 40 yard pass to the feet of someone? If Kane played for Bayern his goal-scoring record would be even better than it is, for obvious reasons.

Will definitely take Kane over Lewie.

The only area I would give Lewandoski an advantage is strength/physicality and possibly in being clinical, and even that is questionable imo.

Will definitely take Kane over Lewie.

The only area I would give Lewandoski an advantage is strength/physicality and possibly in being clinical, and even that is questionable imo.

I don't see him being physically stronger than Kane to be honest. There are things Lewandowski does better than Harry. But as a complete package, Kane clearly has a better overall game. But I'd say Kane is more like Benzema, and Lewandowski closer to Aguero. But they don't need to be compared directly, despite the threat title haha. Just gets on my tits when some people seem to put Kane a level below the names above. It's absolute bollocks.

Kane is currently the best footballer in the world. Attack, defence, midfield. And he plays for us. Beaucoup weird.

Nice little vest - light.

I always think he doesn't get rated by some as highly as he should because of his speech impediment. Some people are generally that pathetic. And maybe the fact that he doesn't have 'dinho' on the end of his name.

maybe in terms of pace. lewan looks like sprint faster than Kane.
Lewan is less injury prone but not this season.

Dortmund declined hugely in 14/15 season since Lewan left.

Lewandowski is better but does it matter and unless you put both players with the same set of players you can't get an actual comparison..

I think Lewandowski with the same set of players when we were at our best would have us to trophies.

I think Lewandowski wins with a slightly stronger mental edge and definitely a touch more physical. Kane more able with both feet..

My opinion but a moot discussion..

But Lewandowski played for a brilliant Dortmund side under Klopp, and then with Bayern. Both of those teams had/have better players than we did and do, creating more chances for him every game than we do for Harry. Playing every week in the Bundesliga will also take a far less toll on you physically and mentally than the Premier League. That's not to say Lewandowski wouldn't score goals here in England, of course. But all things considered, it's mightily impressive that Kane's stats still compare with his. He gets it far, far tougher.

Both are world-class clearly. Elite. But it pisses me off that virtually nobody outside of Spurs seems to put Kane on the same level. Like the kind of pissed off where you really have to talk yourself out of punching some prick in the throat. It's usually something like "Yeah, Harry Kane is world-class but Lewandowski is another level mate". Fuck off, you thundercunt.

Lewandowski is wonderful. But he plays in a league where the defending is comical/none existent every week, and also for a club that's been in the top two or three in Europe since I can remember. Certainly by far and away the best side in Germany. What Kane has done for us year after year, in a pretty average side in comparison to Bayern, in what is a much tougher league and also with dodgy ankles, is just ridiculous. Not to mention that I feel Kane has the better overall game. How many times do you see Lewandowski get a brilliant assist, or knock a 40 yard pass to the feet of someone? If Kane played for Bayern his goal-scoring record would be even better than it is, for obvious reasons.
Kane is twice the player Lewandowski is and they are both world class.

Lewa is good but plays in a star studded team in a one horse league with a winter break.
Never on the same level as Kane. Period.
Lewy was a top 3 Ballon D'or candidate last year competing with Messi and Ronaldo, he would've won it had it not been canceled....

He was a top 3 Ballon D'or candidate last year, he would've won it had it not been canceled....
Bayern play with skilful pace out wide, technically competent engines and playmakers in the middle. And have a far better squad than anyone in their league. Together with a winter break and winning games against farmers in 2nd gear they have an advantage over many teams in Europe.
Kane would do even better in the same position.
Lewa at Spurs is not outscoring Messi and breaking records.

Have to say Kane because of his all round game but that won’t be looked at unless Kane leaves us and goes to say City where he will probably score 40-50 goals a season and win everything. Sad to say we are dragging Kane down where as Bayern are supporting Lewandoski.

Thing is, being Spurs fans we're just accused of been biased. But to me it's not even much of a comparison if you're comparing their overall game. Lewandowski is a goal machine but not much else outside of that. Play him as a playmaker or drop him into midfield as Kane does and he wouldn't have much of a clue.

Back
Top Bottom