Poll: Who do you want most as our next manager?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who would be your first choice?

• Graham Potter

• Scott Parker

• Ten Hag

• Rafa Benitez

• None of the above - comment below

• *Marcelo Bielsa

• *Ralf Rangnick

• *Ralph Hasenhüttl

• *Steven Gerrard

• *Julen Lopetegui

• *Christophe Galtier

• *Marcelo Gallardo

• *Oliver Glasner

• *Ryan Mason

• *Maurizio Sarri

• *Gian Piero Gasperini

• *Mauricio Pochettino

• *Antonio Conte

• *Eddie Howe

• *Gareth Southgate

• *Nuno Espirito Santo

• *Paulo Fonseca

• *Gennaro Gattuso

• *Ernesto Valverde

Results are only viewable after voting.
Yes, I am quite sure of that. He is not de Boer. On the other hand I am almost 100% sure he won't go to Spurs. Either he stays at Ajax, or he'll go to a bigger club than Spurs. Also remember he is a personal friend of Overmars.

You sure big wages and the premier league won’t temp him? You think he is waiting for Barca or someone?

It's valid to question how well Rangnick and Levy would get on. But in that video that was linked a few pages back he drops this sentence at the end to describe his approach to building his teams:

"Concept and Competence generates Capital".

Don't tell me that doesn't give Levy a massive stiffy.

New day and I'm jumping aboard a new train... The Rangnick Train!

Get me Ralfy Levy boy!

excited let's go GIF by Choice Hotels

The thing about ten Hag that impresses me the most is that he had a team with a similar age issue to ours (a lot of older players) but still got them to play a very successful high pressing style that was one of the top CL defenses this year, but still also being one of the stronger attacking sides as well. So, his kung-fu is not just for the kids, and I think that matters for us for the next couple of years.
This is a good point, he seems a good fit for our squad.

Another thing that appeals about a successful Ajax manager, as opposed to say Brighton, is that Brighton can more or less set up the same way in every match, whereas Ajax face totally different tactical challenges for a home league match against Fortuna Sittard or whatever versus going to Anfield.

Obviously it doesn't take a genius to roll over some Dutch minnow, particularly since the reputation of the league isn't to just park the bus (maybe that's not true, I never watch Eredivisie), but it at least shows some degree of tactical flexibility and having to think in those terms.

I'm down with the ten Hag

You sure big wages and the premier league won’t temp him? You think he is waiting for Barca or someone?
I don't think Ten Hag is interested in money. He is very ambitious and totally obsessed with football. Why should he stick his head in a wasp nest like Spurs, not playing CL, with 'mr. Super League' Levy as his boss?

I don't think Ten Hag is interested in money. He is very ambitious and totally obsessed with football. Why should he stick his head in a wasp nest like Spurs, not playing CL, with 'mr. Super League' Levy as his boss?

I suppose a chance to fight against elite managers and players like Pep and Klopp weekly and the best facilities such as stadium and training ground around would be the sale. Dealing with Levy would be the drawback.

Back
Top Bottom