Poll: Who do you want most as our next manager?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who would be your first choice?

• Graham Potter

• Scott Parker

• Ten Hag

• Rafa Benitez

• None of the above - comment below

• *Marcelo Bielsa

• *Ralf Rangnick

• *Ralph Hasenhüttl

• *Steven Gerrard

• *Julen Lopetegui

• *Christophe Galtier

• *Marcelo Gallardo

• *Oliver Glasner

• *Ryan Mason

• *Maurizio Sarri

• *Gian Piero Gasperini

• *Mauricio Pochettino

• *Antonio Conte

• *Eddie Howe

• *Gareth Southgate

• *Nuno Espirito Santo

• *Paulo Fonseca

• *Gennaro Gattuso

• *Ernesto Valverde

Results are only viewable after voting.
That's how I feel about Allegri as well.
Allegri could be a long term manager, he'd be starting a project even if perhaps it's a wrong or ill-fitting project. Benitez would be another temporary band-aid.

He's a safe pair of hands, versus Jose's deeply unsafe pair of hands, but it would not be built to last.

But again, if the thing everyone is desperate for is a proper DoF and for Levy to step back, you've gotta understand that you can't start pouring the foundation on something like that until you have resolution on Kane and the stadium reopening to fans, and we'll have neither of those things before we have to appoint a new manager. In a sense a stopgap is a positive sign.

The worst thing we can do for Mason's career is to appoint him as our manager. Ideally we get in someone like a Rangnick and let him become the next protege to come out of that system :)

In hindsight, for me at least, Tripps wasn't as bad as he looked and it was probably more of a problem of tactics and positioning of him. The point is that we thought that selling Tripps for decent money was another case of Levy pulling a fast one on another club, but we ended up neutral or worse off by making the move.

There have been plenty of times over the past year where I would have taken Trippier back as opposed to our current options.
Yes that’s a fair point but if we want to get to where we want none of those options are acceptable

Talksport earlier trying big up chelsea womens football coach emma hayes for vacant tottenham mens job. Most ludicrous piece of journalism ive ever heard.
Out of the women's coaches she would be the best suited for a men's team job right now.

Not the Tottenham job. But she is good enough to coach on a PL level. Easily Championship level at the very least.

What would it take for Mason to keep the job?

If he wins the remaining 4 league games and finishes in the top 4, it would be hard for Levy to not offer him the job.

Do me a favour - are you seriously saying that we should give one of the top jobs in football to a 29 year old rookie?

If we win the remaining 4 games it just reaffirms what a colossal cock up keeping Mourhino for so long was.

Don't compound that cock up by appointing Mason for sentimental reasons.

4 games and then back into training for him please.

What would it take for Mason to keep the job?
Even a miraculous 4th place finish would rely heavily on someone else fucking up. So...

This.

Any upturn in form is good to see and I think we're now getting to enjoy our players going for it and not sitting on one-goal leads, but nobody (including ENIC) can make the mistake of thinking this is the problem solved. We need a good coach/manager and Mason's career is far too young.

There has been a thread discussing Mourinho's potential replacement since the day after he was hired.

But now that a replacement seems much more imminent, here's a poll to measure who people actually want (based on options that actually seem somewhat realistic.)

* Means the option was added a day after the poll started based on the responses below (so some of the 'none of the above' votes may have been for one of the below options).

You're voting for who you want, not who you think Levy will pick.

UPDATE 27TH APRIL:
Nagelsmann had by far the most votes with over 45%, but now that he's going to Bayern the option has been removed. 'Keep Mourinho' option gone now too.

Probably can get rid of Ten Hag now as his contract is extended.

Also if you could add the below please:

Julen Lopetegui
Christophe Galtier
Marcelo Gallardo

That's how I feel about Allegri as well.
Can someone who's seen alot of Allegri's Juve and Milan give some analysis as to how defensive he is? I just find it hard to believe you can win that many titles back to back by being so conservative especially with teams packed full of attacking talent.

Allegri is the kind of name that will make other stand up and take notice, i agree if he's not the right man fair enough, but it would be nice to see a bit of a breakdown on his style of football

Quick eg. in his last season at JUVE - played, Won, Drew, Lost, GF, GA, GD, Points

1Juventus (C)3829457727+5091

this doesn't look conservative or defensive

Mason is the temp guy ffs
full job? have a word with yourself mate
Sorry Season 6 GIF by The Office

Back
Top Bottom