Poll: Who do you want most as our next manager?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who would be your first choice?

• Graham Potter

• Scott Parker

• Ten Hag

• Rafa Benitez

• None of the above - comment below

• *Marcelo Bielsa

• *Ralf Rangnick

• *Ralph Hasenhüttl

• *Steven Gerrard

• *Julen Lopetegui

• *Christophe Galtier

• *Marcelo Gallardo

• *Oliver Glasner

• *Ryan Mason

• *Maurizio Sarri

• *Gian Piero Gasperini

• *Mauricio Pochettino

• *Antonio Conte

• *Eddie Howe

• *Gareth Southgate

• *Nuno Espirito Santo

• *Paulo Fonseca

• *Gennaro Gattuso

• *Ernesto Valverde

Results are only viewable after voting.
Potter is pretty much the bookie's favourite now, excluding with weird outlier of Inzhagi, and his odds are on the drift. He's beaten Klopp, Mourinho and Guardiola this season and is undefeated against Tuchel.
And he failed to beat any of the relegated teams in league play and LOST to west brom, LOST to Fulham, LOST to Sheffield. Look at the whole body of work.

These itk'ers on here. All inconclusive made up cryptic contradictory nonsense. Year after year. Whats the next one? Something like 'cab driver for levy sworn to secrecy about naming new manager. Im told the mentioned incoming boss will excite fans. But deal yet to be agreed' 🤔

Potter is pretty much the bookie's favourite now, excluding with weird outlier of Inzhagi, and his odds are on the drift. He's beaten Klopp, Mourinho and Guardiola this season and is undefeated against Tuchel.

That just means some mugs have bet on him.

For every outlier like he has beaten Liverpool, Spurs and a 10 man Man City that are protecting themselves from injury, there are many more going the other way, like for example he did not beat any of the relegated teams in 6 matches, and lost to 2 of them.
At the moment I see Potter as a manager that has been bettered by Cooper at Swansea, and has not improved Brighton's results since Hughton. That isn't the CV of someone that deserves a shot at one of the Top 20 clubs in the world in my view.

Last edited:
‘’We shall focus on the recruitment of a new Head Coach. We are acutely aware of the need to select someone whose values reflect those of our great Club and return to playing football with the style for which we are known – free-flowing, attacking and entertaining – whilst continuing to embrace our desire to see young players flourish from our Academy alongside experienced talent.’’

Think that excluded Allegri, Conte, Galtier, Benitez.

Probably leaves Potter, Lopetegui, Rogers, Rangnick, Ten Hag.

That just means some mugs have bet on him.

For every outlier like he has beaten Liverpool, Spurs and a 10 man Man City that are protecting themselves from injury, there are many more going the other way, like for example he did not beat any of the relegated teams in 6 matches, and lost to 2 of them.
At the moment I see Potter as a manager that has been bettered by Cooper at Swansea, and has not improved Brighton's results since Hughton. That isn't the CV of someone that deserves a shot at one of the Top 20 clubs in the world in my view.

Swansea fans loved Potter and were gutted when he left, here's their thoughts on what Cooper has done with what he inherited:

From the Planet Swans forum about Cooper,

"My personal beef has been about the quality of our play & seeming lack of progress in our style, I appreciate the club is in the results business rather than the entertainment version but we have become barely watchable recently - feels like the financial benefit in promotion is the target rather than the sporting/style/achievement, IF (& that’s a big one) we were to make it up I’d expect a minimal spend WBA style plan on coming straight back down & look to utilise the media money to establish financial security (maybe even a sale) rather than sporting success."

"Cooper is a hard guy to like. He's prickly, slow to learn and keen to allocate blame but not accept it. His team has consistently played slow, cautious, boring, largely direct football for his entire tenure. We've become a club that grinds points out via attrition rather than winning them in style. It's unustainable in the long run, and the idea of trying to do it in the Prem is frankly terrifying.

Whilst he deserves credit for two playoff finishes in a row, I don't see a massive disconnect between that and wishing that he'd go about his business in a different way, or hoping that someone who can bring a bit of fun back to watching the Swans gets the job instead."

"I don’t think anyone loves Steve Cooper.

His football isn’t the most aesthetic, we had a few bright spells during games earlier in the season, but they are few and far between. He’s a difficult guy to take to and as Dr W says further down the thread is great at deflecting blame but taking credit."

"I don't much like Cooper. I don't like the way he manages my side, I don't like the football he plays and I don't much like what I've seen of him as a person. I'll shed not a single tear on the day he departs. But it's frankly mad to suggest that we've achieved the playoffs in consecutive seasons despite him."

"I don’t know where you’re getting this ‘love’ for him from. No one on here likes the style of football, no one finds him engaging or charismatic, I doubt anyone is impressed by the way he blames players for defeats.

It’s pretty much split between those who give him credit for the results he’s got in spite of all the above and those who can’t wait for him to leave the club."

"He has fantastic contacts and we have players who would have been highly unlikely to come here without him and this has probably led to our league position which ultimately could lead to us winning the playoffs so for our club he has done a great job with the money that could potentially come in

As a fan however the football is basic and hard to watch and will only become harder next season should we go up"

‘’We shall focus on the recruitment of a new Head Coach. We are acutely aware of the need to select someone whose values reflect those of our great Club and return to playing football with the style for which we are known – free-flowing, attacking and entertaining – whilst continuing to embrace our desire to see young players flourish from our Academy alongside experienced talent.’’

Think that excluded Allegri, Conte, Galtier, Benitez.

Probably leaves Potter, Lopetegui, Rogers, Rangnick, Ten Hag.
Not sure it rules out Conte or Galtier tbh

3-BA71-FEB-A4-EA-4307-9-C37-8-EAAEF425110.jpg

Look at all those fucking ‘reactions’.

Do you have to be a virgin, brown nosing, cock gobbling willy watcher to join SC or is it just advisable?

He’s been found out to be full of shite countless times yet there are still people over there that listen to what he has to say as if it carries weight 😂.
Worse than just listen to him, they chuck money at the site as a thank you for the privilege of reading that guff!

And then have the nerve to ridicule twitter 'itk'.

I’m surprised he hasn’t been mentioned but I would love to see Chris Hughton back. I think he’s got enough experience, is a solid man-manager and has done well in most of his posts. I’m particularly thinking of Newcastle, Norwich and Brighton where he was a bit unfairly sacked.

i know he hasn’t gone great at Notts Forest this year but he’s only been there 8 months So too early to judge really

Herculese, the Herculean cunt has been peddling the exact same vague septic peg bullshit for years.

He is the embodiment of proof of their con job to extort money out of plebs who are too dense to see it.

I'd like to see them investigated for fraud but somehow feel like they're probably not breaking the law somehow even though their tricks are criminal IMO.

Last edited:
Wasnt Hercules the guy who was so convinced Grealish had signed that he had a full blown hissyfit on twitter at some lad who was like ‘eh I’m jack brother and you’re wrong he’s staying at villa?!’

how does anyone still listen to that clown

Back
Top Bottom