This is the end (of the season)

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

BernardMatthews

“Wildly offensive and ill informed”
Thought I would start a new thread for this as ultimately I’m taking to myself.

One for sammyspurs sammyspurs who can’t reply. This dates back to January.

“And over last 10 games we are 11th in the league. West Ham are 4th. Chasing down West Ham is now the aim not chasing down City. Seriously. West Ham who scored 3 goals in 10 minutes at WHL.”

Sammy was going to laugh at me at the end of may for being worried about woolwich finishing above us. And for me thinking a title challenge was unrealistic.
Look at us now Sammy, hopefully you were right and I had nothing to worry about. Unfortunately the title challenge dream was the thinkings of a madman :(

Anyway. Tomorrow is officially my last game as an ST holder and this will be my final post on here at least for a few years.

Spurs have really done me this time. Kane being a cunt the final straw. Fed up of being a cash cow to this industry. Fucking Gary Neville of all people. Hate that twat.

I’m off to put my time efforts and energy elsewhere. Last year has taught me my time and health is precious.

Look after yourself sammyspurs sammyspurs you mad bastard

And also to those I met at the Lane. Good people one and all. If I get a ST again in the future will be back here. Never say never eh!!

Sometimes you just need to take a step back from it all.

Football...the media is 24/7, from the corporate greed and corruption, the players hair do's, the he said / she said tittle tattle, the toxicity of the 'fans', more greed, expectation, failure, lies, rumours, greed again, xG, stats, stat padding, rhetoric, hyperbole, VAR, sensationalism, controversy, and greed.

It's why you don't see much of me on here these days. Football has little to do with what happens on the pitch anymore, and I've come to realise that I don't care much for the hype. I follow Spurs, I am aware of what is happening at my club and I see some games, but I'm no longer buying in to the modern game and all its peripheral distractions. I am Spurs for 90 minutes on a matchday, other than that, I've got other equally depressing shit to be getting on with.

Sometimes you just need to take a step back from it all.

Football...the media is 24/7, from the corporate greed and corruption, the players hair do's, the he said / she said tittle tattle, the toxicity of the 'fans', more greed, expectation, failure, lies, rumours, greed again, xG, stats, stat padding, rhetoric, hyperbole, VAR, sensationalism, controversy, and greed.

It's why you don't see much of me on here these days. Football has little to do with what happens on the pitch anymore, and I've come to realise that I don't care much for the hype. I follow Spurs, I am aware of what is happening at my club and I see some games, but I'm no longer buying in to the modern game and all its peripheral distractions. I am Spurs for 90 minutes on a matchday, other than that, I've got other equally depressing shit to be getting on with.
Every word on the button. It's like being in love with someone that you know is so bad for you, but you can't quite get them out of your system.

I'm just hoping that once we're all back in the stadium with a new manager and hopefully a refreshed squad, then things will pick up again. I don't even mind if it takes a season or three. Just start fresh and hungry with a proper plan.

If we're still locked out and I see a new manager but the same old names then I'm not sure I'll be able to do another year of it. I walked away for a few years when I became a father because time was precious so I can do it again. Just watching the odd MOTD and following the table wasn't so bad.

For the moment, with the media on the constant wind-up, VAR, and a billion other things, it's become a difficult game to enjoy, and we've warped into a tough club to love.

Thought I would start a new thread for this as ultimately I’m taking to myself.

One for sammyspurs sammyspurs who can’t reply. This dates back to January.

“And over last 10 games we are 11th in the league. West Ham are 4th. Chasing down West Ham is now the aim not chasing down City. Seriously. West Ham who scored 3 goals in 10 minutes at WHL.”

Sammy was going to laugh at me at the end of may for being worried about woolwich finishing above us. And for me thinking a title challenge was unrealistic.
Look at us now Sammy, hopefully you were right and I had nothing to worry about. Unfortunately the title challenge dream was the thinkings of a madman :(

Anyway. Tomorrow is officially my last game as an ST holder and this will be my final post on here at least for a few years.

Spurs have really done me this time. Kane being a cunt the final straw. Fed up of being a cash cow to this industry. Fucking Gary Neville of all people. Hate that twat.

I’m off to put my time efforts and energy elsewhere. Last year has taught me my time and health is precious.

Look after yourself sammyspurs sammyspurs you mad bastard

And also to those I met at the Lane. Good people one and all. If I get a ST again in the future will be back here. Never say never eh!!
If you don't mind me asking, how long have you been a ST holder?

Back
Top Bottom