Pie&Mash shop in the High Rd

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

It might be something we have to look into. 👍🏼

Looking forward to getting down and having some. In regard with to traditional pie and mash, you can get away with a more modern pie and more modern mash style but the liquor option should have traditional as that is the key to it.

You know more about pies than me but this is speaking as a person whose east end family (dad side) going way back always enjoyed the liquor.
Honestly I would probably on match days just stay there if you had traditional liqour.

Anyway good luck I think most fans would love an independent business to become an institution bit like chick king was.

😊 Well so far the people that are giving us a chance and trying it the feedback has been good thankfully. Just come into it with an open mind and try not to focus on us as a traditional pie and mash shop. Have a great week 🙏🏼
Good luck with the business. I’ll try and drop by next season. Quite how I’m going to make space alongside my usual Chick King, Turkish and Antwerp Arms sausage roll will be the challenge. Avoiding the actual football is probably the best bet.

Just realised that The Pie & Mash Shop is right next door to Koyum, so I can roll from one to the other. Yay! Football suddenly got cheerful again :)

ps - fair play to Pie & Mash for posting on here. Is he/she the only local business with the right attitude?

Hi mate! I’m the owner of the Pie & Mash shop! Came across this chat which is great. Yes Tina from the Coach came in, she loved the pies but yes she did give us some good feed back on the Liquor which we have tried to take on board. It’s a difficult one as it seems every one has differing opinions on how the Liquor should be, some say thicker and greener and others say lighter and thinner lol, so it’s hard to know and as you can imagine difficult to please everyone.

essentially we are not a traditional Pie & Mash shop as I’m sure most of you have gathered from the menu but we are trying out best to keep an old institution alive as lots of Pie & Mash shops are dying out. Anyway if anyone has any questions please let me know. Thanks
Hi mate! I’m the owner of the Pie & Mash shop! Came across this chat which is great. Yes Tina from the Coach came in, she loved the pies but yes she did give us some good feed back on the Liquor which we have tried to take on board. It’s a difficult one as it seems every one has differing opinions on how the Liquor should be, some say thicker and greener and others say lighter and thinner lol, so it’s hard to know and as you can imagine difficult to please everyone.

essentially we are not a traditional Pie & Mash shop as I’m sure most of you have gathered from the menu but we are trying out best to keep an old institution alive as lots of Pie & Mash shops are dying out. Anyway if anyone has any questions please let me know. Thanks
I know it’s probably a long shot due to cost etc, but if you got in some gluten free pies I’d be there every match day!

Looking forward to getting down and having some. In regard with to traditional pie and mash, you can get away with a more modern pie and more modern mash style but the liquor option should have traditional as that is the key to it.

You know more about pies than me but this is speaking as a person whose east end family (dad side) going way back always enjoyed the liquor.
Honestly I would probably on match days just stay there if you had traditional liqour.

Anyway good luck I think most fans would love an independent business to become an institution bit like chick king was.
Thank you! We’re only 3 weeks old as a business so we’re still learning, hopefully we will keep improving and get the right balance for Liquor as it is important to us. Hopefully see you in next season. all the best 🙏🏼

Good luck with the business. I’ll try and drop by next season. Quite how I’m going to make space alongside my usual Chick King, Turkish and Antwerp Arms sausage roll will be the challenge. Avoiding the actual football is probably the best bet.
Lol I’ve heard a lot of people saying they might avoid the football and just make a day of eating and drinking. We’re also in the process of applying for an alcohol license so hopefully that is in place before next season. Take care
Just realised that The Pie & Mash Shop is right next door to Koyum, so I can roll from one to the other. Yay! Football suddenly got cheerful again :)

ps - fair play to Pie & Mash for posting on here. Is he/she the only local business with the right attitude?
thanks mate! I just stumbled across this feed so though it would be good to join in as it’s nice to open as a business and honest. At the end of the day we want people to enjoy the food so if we can get constructive feedback it’s good for us. And it helps for me to be honest about what we do here, everything is made fresh from scratch and we put a lot of time into it, last thing we want is unhappy customers. So i would rather let people know from the off we’re not a traditional pie & mash, rather than people coming in and thinking it is and then slating us for it.

I'll come if you tell mummy mummy to fark orf with his vegan pies!!!

😉
I seriously WAS asking for a friend (well, a rellie). I try hard to be vegetarian, but I cannot resist bangers & mash for example - and I see Tottenham P&M do that too :)

Just one thing puzzles me - traditional Tottenham Cake has pink icing - and on your website it says pink, but on the pdf menu it says blue. Which is correct, or do you do both? (personally I'd have the apple pie & custard anyway lol)

Also - hope you don't mind me saying, but on your menu, plurals shouldn't have apostrophes :) That said, I'd be tempted to leave them in there - it gives the menu a 'home-made' feel. I know - I'm an arsehole.

One more thing - on match days, is there any chance could you do 'special' food for away fans? Something that might generate severe diarrhoea about an hour after it's consumed?

Levy in / out?

I seriously WAS asking for a friend (well, a rellie). I try hard to be vegetarian, but I cannot resist bangers & mash for example - and I see Tottenham P&M do that too :)

Just one thing puzzles me - traditional Tottenham Cake has pink icing - and on your website it says pink, but on the pdf menu it says blue. Which is correct, or do you do both? (personally I'd have the apple pie & custard anyway lol)

Also - hope you don't mind me saying, but on your menu, plurals shouldn't have apostrophes :) That said, I'd be tempted to leave them in there - it gives the menu a 'home-made' feel. I know - I'm an arsehole.
Originally the Tottenham cake was going to be Pink, but then we decided to make the Icing Blue to fit in with the Tottenham theme.

Back
Top Bottom