Poll: Who do you want most as our next manager?

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Who would be your first choice?

• Graham Potter

• Scott Parker

• Ten Hag

• Rafa Benitez

• None of the above - comment below

• *Marcelo Bielsa

• *Ralf Rangnick

• *Ralph Hasenhüttl

• *Steven Gerrard

• *Julen Lopetegui

• *Christophe Galtier

• *Marcelo Gallardo

• *Oliver Glasner

• *Ryan Mason

• *Maurizio Sarri

• *Gian Piero Gasperini

• *Mauricio Pochettino

• *Antonio Conte

• *Eddie Howe

• *Gareth Southgate

• *Nuno Espirito Santo

• *Paulo Fonseca

• *Gennaro Gattuso

• *Ernesto Valverde

Results are only viewable after voting.
I agree we should get a DoF and he should make the management call but if we did get Conte I tend to think him and Levy would be an explosive relationship to say the least.

From the outside it looks like Levy and Lewis are the problem. It’s not just money (although that is part of it) it’s other issues

1 we go from different manager style to another with no coherent view about who we are as a club. Poch to Jose, Redknapp to AVB

2 we don’t sell deadwood unless we get the price Levy wants thus they stay in the squad and the squad gets stale

3 we don’t buy in any coherent way, as a team what the fuck are we?

Hiring a dinosaur like Jose, that is down to Levy. He is just not good enough, he is a great businessman but he knows Jack shit about football, everything is piecemeal about how we do things. Why can’t he just fucking hire a DoF and step back.
Would you trust him to sign a decent DoF though? He'll probably try to hire the guy who made Escape to Victory.

I literally don't get what your point is here.

"We need to act like a big club". So you would move heaven and earth to hire OGS, Pirlo?

Most of the names you list are shit and/or we hired!
And yet most of them, individually, have won more than Spurs post 91

Proper shit. Yeah.

From Sly Sports

Regarding reports in Italy linking him with the Spurs job, a source close to the manager believes they are looking for a “softer manager whose personality would be easier to manage”.

GET LEVY OUT OF OUR CLUB

8 days is season ticket renewal deadline.
No surprise at all if the club don't announce it until after then.
I think they are planning to announce it before, to ensure they capture the moment (which is promising, if the case). If they announce it after, that would be a weak move and they'd be lynched if it was Martinez.

From Sly Sports

Regarding reports in Italy linking him with the Spurs job, a source close to the manager believes they are looking for a “softer manager whose personality would be easier to manage”.

GET LEVY OUT OF OUR CLUB
Sly Sports indeed, they love trolling us. That's an utter cunt headline full of shit. Which manager is going to want to come if that were the case? ME! I'm weak! Me me me!

From Sly Sports

GET LEVY OUT OF OUR CLUB
knew it. Jose was only hired as he had met Levy with his tail between his legs saying he was a changed man. Look at his demeanour in his first few months. We're not looking for a fiery coach that gets the hump when his demands aren't met. Why is Conte leaving Inter? Won't be any difference with us.

Ten Hag seems to be the one, Ajax will want decent compensation but it wont be stupid amounts. Whether we also sign a DOF, etc. is something else.

From Sly Sports

GET LEVY OUT OF OUR CLUB
That's some fucking major bullshit, we want that kind of manager because of Levy's way to run club, and that's definitely why we got Mourinho. Aka the nicest and softest manager ever.
The way I see things is that Levy actually wants us to succeed. He eventually (yes I know, PL record of time without signings) backed Poch with window we bought Lo Celso and Tanguy, got seriously pissed as they both flopped in their 1st year at club which in addition to bad results got Poch sacked, then got Mou and it tough financial times backed him with few signings. He's well aware we need a massive rebuild, but it's Levy - doesn't want to overspend, gets transfers done because the people he does business with eventually prefer painful death than another days of bargaining with him.
That's why I think half of the things we hear from the club are smokescreens - we have no money, we need to sell before we buy, we want a soft manager, etc etc. ManU have to pay 25% more for players because they are ManU and everyone knows they got shitloads of money. Meanwhile Levy gets -10% and wants to keep it that way. Ergo - we won't get Martinez, we won't sell Kane and get Rasiak instead, we won't get Parker. Even if it won't be Conte, which I would really like to see, it's not gonna be underwhelming appointment.

Is it just me that thinks Conte to Juve seems a bit obvious?
Conte and Agnelli aren't even on speaking terms. Very long shot for Conte to return to Juve while Agnelli is there, also because of the fact that Inter fans now love Conte, something which was unthinkable 2 years ago.

Back
Top Bottom