Danny Rose

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Shame about the last few years. To bring a bit positivity back on this thread, lean back and look at his screamer vs the Goons. Try to imagine how it feels when we score like that vs that lot.

One of the absolute greatest goals in the history of the league and in the history of the club. Makes me happy to this day to see that marvelous shot.

Shame it ended the way that it did with him. He gave us some great memories and there was a time that he was absolutely one of the hardest working players on the pitch.

Several fond memories, including his key role setting up one of the goals vs Ajax.

But what a strange 14 years at the club.
Started with a bang once he got an appearance.
Years of loans and periphery.
About 3 years of being a key player (though barely played more than Davies in terms of total minutes)
Another two totally wasted.

Last edited:
He had a decent career at Spurs, with many brilliant games, but happened to score one of the best goals in Spurs modern history. You don't agree YidZecke YidZecke ?

It was a magnificent start to his career and will stay in our memory, but he was also part of the best back four we have had for ages and always gave his everything. I remember some of his tackles where he put his body on the line (against the likes of Celsea for exapmle). For me thats as memorable as this one brilliant moment, hence the disagreement with the notion. And that on the other hand is a statement I can agree with.

My fondest memory of Rose wasn't what he did, but the banter with Chelsea fans at the Lane

They were singing Danny Rose, you're a cunt
We sang "would you let him, would you let him, would you let him on a bus"

He wasn’t being played and was told that he wasn’t going to get in the side so instead of moving on and allowing Spurs to recoup money on him, he sat on his arse for a year and collected over £3m.

He’s kept fit, saved his legs and now he’s in a position to sign for whoever he wants with the added bonus of a signing on fee.

I imagine he’ll go to the MLS, be given a £1m signing fee and earn £30k a week for the next 3 years in the heat somewhere 😂

Tough life.

He wasn’t being played and was told that he wasn’t going to get in the side so instead of moving on and allowing Spurs to recoup money on him, he sat on his arse for a year and collected over £3m.

He’s kept fit, saved his legs and now he’s in a position to sign for whoever he wants with the added bonus of a signing on fee.

I imagine he’ll go to the MLS, be given a £1m signing fee and earn £30k a week for the next 3 years in the heat somewhere 😂

Tough life.

Based on his comments in the documentary I think he is going to have a lot of trouble signing for the teams that he wants.

I'll miss the Danny Rose of four years ago, he was probably my favourite player. Unfortunately it was all undone by that interview in the rag that masquerades as a newspaper; the timing was dreadful and I think he showed disrespect to Poch and the team, too. However, I don't wish him ill and hope he finds some inner peace in the future.

Back
Top Bottom