Antonio Conte

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

If this thing goes tits up it would be worthy of some melting, I think.

I don’t think there can be any reasonable doubt that promising Conte a level of funding and of ability to operate free from ownership’s control that is commensurate with the way all of our PL rivals conduct their business would ensure he takes the job.

If it doesn’t happen it will reveal and prove some very deep, fundamental problems at the club.
Most of what Conte is rumoured to have said, for what that is worth, is that we have to rebuild the defence. I can't imagine there is a fan anywhere who would disagree.

I was never not going to renew, just left it longer than I would have normally. It wouldn't have made a jot of difference if the managerial position had been announced or who it was, for that matter. I realise that Levy knows there's still lots of us that will feel like that and will take advantage of the fact. I can't stop supporting THFC because we're run by a bunch of penny-pinching amateurs.
I agree. I did the same and renewed on Wednesday (nearly screwed up because I thought it was Friday) but I support the club (as was) not ENIC so had to, in the end, stick with it.

I listened to Alistair Gold’s YouTube video earlier. God that was depressing. Sense it’s virtually impossible to succeed due to Levy. That again made me wish I had not renewed.

I was never not going to renew, just left it longer than I would have normally. It wouldn't have made a jot of difference if the managerial position had been announced or who it was, for that matter. I realise that Levy knows there's still lots of us that will feel like that and will take advantage of the fact. I can't stop supporting THFC because we're run by a bunch of penny-pinching amateurs.

Trouble is Mrs P we have no choice we can't start supporting gooners or Spam. We are addicted to a habit of meeting our mates on the train going to the same pubs/cafes as we always have etc

I turned down a job a few years ago because a client bought a fuck load of cheap, shit materials and expected us to work miracles with them.

He wanted a kitchen that looked £20k but expected it to cost £2k. He wanted the bathroom to look ‘high end’ but bought an entire bathroom suite off eBay for £200. The tiles he bought for the kitchen floor cost £5 a sq/m and all had different thicknesses. He got some of the carpets second hand off Facebook. The paint he bought was the cheapest, nastiest paint you could possibly imagine. The list goes on.

We told him that it just wasn’t possible to achieve the level of finish that he wanted on the budget that he had. He pulled the whole ‘a bad tradesman always blames their tools’ shit on us, so we walked away before even starting.

I have a feeling Conte is having the same sort of issue with Levy.

I turned down a job a few years ago because a client bought a fuck load of cheap, shit materials and expected us to work miracles with them.

He wanted a kitchen that looked £20k but expected it to cost £2k. He wanted the bathroom to look ‘high end’ but bought an entire bathroom suite off eBay for £200. The tiles he bought for the kitchen floor cost £5 a sq/m and all had different thicknesses. He got some of the carpets second hand off Facebook. The paint he bought was the cheapest, nastiest paint you could possibly imagine. The list goes on.

We told him that it just wasn’t possible to achieve the level of finish that he wanted on the budget that he had. He pulled the whole ‘a bad tradesman always blames their tools’ shit on us, so we walked away before even starting.

I have a feeling Conte is having the same sort of issue with Levy.
By any chance, did this bloke then go on to have a great big football stadium built in N London?

Back
Top Bottom