Antonio Conte

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Forget Conte what we need to do is swallow our pride and admit we got it wrong in the past, yes we fired him but we made a mistake and we want to put it right! so let's go out there with a big offer that will get him to come back to this club and promise him a big summer transfer kitty.

Tim Sherwood gets this club and the values we espouse and we've not had someone with his gilet flinging ability since he left.

ef8ea6cbfd74acb9500d4a4c432e6b63.gif

Basically, everything on twitter is bullshit made up nonsense for clicks. Relax and wait for official statement right
Pretty much. Most of it is bullshit for clicks, or serving an agenda. Most people that have an honest line on where things stand aren't going to jeopardize those relationships unless they can offer some spin on the situation that helps the party out in some way.

We're in prime bullshit territory right now. It's impossible to sort out who's on the level and who isn't.

It also really behooves Conte right now and his representatives to leak certain messages that they are skeptical, which might push Levy to sweeten the offer or offer up firmer assurances, etc.
*IF* they are in conversation, it would be a hell of a lot more efficient to just tell him directly rather than leaking innuendo through 3rd parties. If Conte will only come to Spurs on condition 1, 2 and 3 being met, then he will be telling Levy that. Not asking a journo to tweet something vague.

*IF* they are in conversation, it would be a hell of a lot more efficient to just tell him directly rather than leaking innuendo through 3rd parties. If Conte will only come to Spurs on condition 1, 2 and 3 being met, then he will be telling Levy that. Not asking a journo to tweet something vague.
This is the real world. People play stupid games all the time.

I just think it will get sorted out and all this panicking is unecessary.

It's very rarely smooth sailing with huge deals like this. Look at us in the past when we've made big transfers in the past - Bale, Ndombele etc. there's always been loads of back and forth "he will join / he won't join" from the press. Usually it's the agents at the heart of it as a negotiation tactic.

Just relax!

Leaking to journos is pretty standard for agents, though, so it’s not a surprise even if it’s all a bit stupid.

I just think it will get sorted out and all this panicking is unecessary.

It's very rarely smooth sailing with huge deals like this. Look at us in the past when we've made big transfers in the past - Bale, Ndombele etc. there's always been loads of back and forth "he will join / he won't join" from the press. Usually it's the agents at the heart of it as a negotiation tactic.

Just relax!
If anyone can fuck up something like this it's Levy

So I'd say the panicking is completely warranted

If Conte turns us down where do we go ? Poch ain't happening

It's been almost 50 days since we sacked mourinho ffs

Leaking to journos is pretty standard for agents, though, so it’s not a surprise even if it’s all a bit stupid.
I'm sure it is, but if we are to believe that the 2 parties have agreed personal terms then where is the benefit of leaks from your camp at that stage? If they are talking that seriously then you would just make yourself look a mug by doing that rather than talking directly to the person you are negotiating with. I just don't buy it. If he knows what he wants then he would just put it on the table. Nothing to gain through innuendo and suggestion.

Do you honestly think Levy would be more swayed by reading something in the Gazetto della Sport or Di Marzio than he would pay attention to the man he is trying to get to work for him directly telling him what he wants.

Not a snowflake in hell's chance as far as I'm concerned.

You're twisting my words. You know well that this "take" of yours does not at all square up with my recent posts on this subject.
Oh sorry, I've jumped in without reading your full take obviously. I don't mean to twist words. Just I don't buy the leaking of contract requirements at the stage they are supposedly at.

Apologies.

Back
Top Bottom