Other matches Fred - 2020/21

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

What's nice about:

-------------Kane------------
Grealish-------------Foden
------------Mount-----------
---Bellingham-----Rice----

Is every player is from a seperate club, so no on field clique. If Southgate moulds a strong 'Us' from this lot they should play some lovely footi. Sancho/Sterling et al. super subs.

A dipper missed a pen
Yes GIF

Against weaker teams Mount in a 2 with Rice, to allow Foden and Grealish to both have a place. Bellingham-Rice IMO should be moulded/bedded in, get as much technique on the pitch as we can.

The sharp runs of Foden and Grealish are enough for non-rapier forwards to use technique for the yard, IMO.

Might be a year soon, but Henderson should have no place, misguided, Phillips is ahead of him for me, by some distance, behind Bellingham and Rice as the base two (or a 6 and 8 for those favouring that shit).
I thought Phillips was pisspoor today

I thought Phillips was pisspoor today

Didn't see it, but I just don't like Henderson for England at all, Southgate isn't coaching the same angles etc so he's 20% the player he is at Pool. Glad Phillips was poor as I want Bellingham as far up the chain as possible ready for injuries for compel him.

Grealish is absolute quality and one of those rare players that looks like he truly enjoys playing for England.

Is it possible to fit him, Foden and Mount into the same team? It should be but probably would mean no Sterling and Rashford so lack of pace could be an issue.
I really think we've been blessed this last year with certain England players playing their way in/out of the team. If Southgate was smart he'd be cutting the ones who have stagnated out of the starting lineup and throwing the guys who deserve it straight in.

It may even be a blessing in disguise to have Trent Alexander-Arnold injured so that he doesn't just get that RB spot automatically and someone like Trippier who's been surprisingly good this season or the Chelsea lad can come in.

It'd be Henderson and Rashford out with Grealish, Foden, and Mount deserving those spots far more.

Hell, it sucks that Kane (currently) is the only Spurs guy in the squad but Dele and Dier don't deserve to be anywhere near it.

Lol wow

Is perpetuate too big of a word now?

I love how if anyone doesn't agree with your point of view, their head is up their arse. Irony of the highest order.
Not at all. And I understand what perpetuate means but you're determined to use long sentences, complex grammatical structures and multi syllabic words to make your point and it's a bit tiresome.

Taking a knee is making a point that we won't accept racism. Pure and simple to most people. Others, such as you, seem determined to undermine that simplistic narrative and want to browbeat anyone who points out your pretentious behaviour and reliance on sub par media outlets to create an alternate narrative are nonsensical beliefs held by those who wanna perpetuate and cause more conflict.

Oh shit....look I used lots.of long words therefore I must be right: just support the anti racism message and stop looking.for controversial, alternate false realities to create conflict.

Dick.

Not at all. And I understand what perpetuate means but you're determined to use long sentences, complex grammatical structures and multi syllabic words to make your point and it's a bit tiresome.

Taking a knee is making a point that we won't accept racism. Pure and simple to most people. Others, such as you, seem determined to undermine that simplistic narrative and want to browbeat anyone who points out your pretentious behaviour and reliance on sub par media outlets to create an alternate narrative are nonsensical beliefs held by those who wanna perpetuate and cause more conflict.

Oh shit....look I used lots.of long words therefore I must be right: just support the anti racism message and stop looking.for controversial, alternate false realities to create conflict.

Dick.
GIF by The Simpsons

Really like the look of Baku and Schlotterbeck for Germany u21s again tonight. Dorsch as well, he looks really good in midfield.

Why the fuck was Godfrey playing as RB?

And why does he keep playing Trippier at LB?
Trippier makes zero sense as a LB.
We all know he's not a pacy, athletic, FB. His strength is his delivery from wide positions, and that delivery is almost always with his right foot.
Playing him on the left where he routinely checks back onto his right foot in attacking positions largely nullifies that threat of early, accurate, delivery.
Shaw & Chilwell are clearly better options as a LB. As is Saka, much as it pains me to say it.

Was actually glad and half cheered when Henderson missed the pen. Arrogant shit wanted his bit of selfish glory ahead of the designated pen taker. Wanker

Back
Top Bottom