Gennaro Gattuso

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Would you be happy with Gattuso as manager

• Total voters
Reasons why Gattuso is the worst option out of all the names we've been linked with:

1/ Dodgy Mendes shit:

2/ History of homophobia and sexism:

3/ Mediocre managerial results:

4/ Temperament Issues:

Not just the fact he resigned after 20 days at Fiorentina.
Spurs will be his 8th club in 8 years, and in many of these clubs he's resigned from multiple times within the tenure. So clearly a short shelf life, which will not combine well with Levy's stubbornness.
Not having a manager with even a medium term future could reduce our chances of signing young players, who will want stability with a manager they can trust.

5/ Not an exciting style of play:

Fonseca, for all his faults, had a philosophy of an attacking possession based style of play, which could have suited our players well. Gattuso doesn't appear to promote attractive football in such a manner.

I do not care if an individual who is religious does not believe in SSM, that is his right. But he sucks as a manager and that should be a huge red flag.

Haven't read the 11 pages, but just to add...

tenor.gif

Any reason why we're not in for Ranieri? If he seems to be a candidate for Fiorentina now. Surely a better choice?!

Edit - just looking at his career. I must have been in a coma when he managed Fulham because I have no recollection of it.

Conte - Fonseca - Gattuso. What a shambles. It’s just got worse as the manager list goes on. Next Gattuso will be out the running and fat sam will suddenly be appointed. Would it surprise you ?

I haven't read the entire thread, but in the long tradition of:

IT'S ALL FUCKING THEATRE

I note that:

Mourinho - Mendes client
Fonseca - Mendes client
Gattuso - Mendes client

I don't like the famous Spurs being played by wannabe Puppet Masters
I completly agree with this.

The ringmaster is the guy that orchestrating the whole musical chairs that's taking place. (I believe that Marco Abreu is officially Fonseca's agent but Mendes is heavily involved in pulling some strings). Obviously, he doesn't get involved in the dinosaur's sacking but if you were Fonseca right now would you trust him to represent you, has he got his best interests at heart!?

What I don't like about him is it reduces the trust I have in the club to actually get the profile of the person in that they want/need. Looks like he's driving things rather than the Club (not just talking Tottenham here but every club in his web always involves a string of interlocking moves with only one party absolutely guaranteed to be left with a smile on their face.

Back
Top Bottom