England V Denmark Semi Final Wembley Wednesday 7th July 20:00

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Uh, still no. :)
Kasper answered to a question that was delivered in poor context, so he gave the right answer regarding the term 'coming home' with regards to winning. For the only way he can 'stop it coming home' as per the question is by winning.

Denmark have won the competition, England have not, so within the deranged context Kasper was right.

Let's not forget that Denmark won the Euros so they have more of a claim of 'home' than England do. (which is what I think he meant).
Nope - Denmark isn't the home of football no matter how many times they win it.

The home of football and the home they're talking about is England.

I think you're getting confused with "bringing the trophy home"

I saw him and Skinner walking around at the Edinburgh Festival a few years ago. What a pair of self-absorbed fools they were.
Absolutely! Saw Skinner a few times about the Hawthornes (ex gf and family was a season ticket holder.. went a lot when I was living up there for Uni 2006-2008 ish).. not likeable!

Anyway! I'm confident as hell now! come on

So how should Kasper stop it from 'coming home'?

it's obvious what the reporter was alluding to, to stop England winning. But if winning = coming home, then Denmark has more a claim on the home of the European trophy. Which was the point to which he alluded to in the bad questioning answer.

I think you're getting confused with "bringing the trophy home"

If you honestly think anyone during this competition - and I mean anyone - is referring to games being played in England rather than England winning the throphy when they say, sing, yell or write “it’s coming home”... Well, then there’s little hope for you.

Kasper answered to a question that was delivered in poor context, so he gave the right answer regarding the term 'coming home' with regards to winning. For the only way he can 'stop it coming home' as per the question is by winning.

Denmark have won the competition, England have not, so within the deranged context Kasper was right.

"What have you got to do to prevent football coming home"

"Has it ever come home?"

Context of the song/lyrics remains the same.

Denmark may win it; but in that scenario football won' t have "come home" however much the context is "deranged" between you and Schmeikle.

Yes. I hoped by this time society would have become more considerate for those of us who don't want to be subjected to a sexual liberation agenda. Anyway I answered your question and added a supplement for my reasoning.

Good day.
yeh he scared.. cute! Enjoy the bin homophobe
Start a new thread if you want to discuss this.
Fair enough, taken to the appropriate thread.

Are we really trying to pretend that 99% of the usage of the term "it's coming home" isn't referring to England winning a trophy? Debating the original meaning of the song seems pointless when, it was re-released for WC 98 in FRANCE, and has been wheeled out by supporters every 2 years (almost...) since then, none of which until now have been hosted in England.

Whatever the original song meant, everyone knows what context the phrase is used in NOW, and the intent of the "journalist" asking the question.

Where Schmeichel has made himself look stupid, is that despite growing up in England, and being a professional footballer, he is apparently unaware that England won the World Cup in 1966, and so in the context that he was asked and answered the question, then yes, it has been home.

Back
Top Bottom