Sterling.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

The man in the waistcoat has dropped prima Donna Sterling after a training ground bust up with Joe Gomez, apparently Sterling shouted “who’s the big man now” and grabbed Gomez around the throat. All after some expected banter from last weekends game.
Southgate acted swiftly.
About time that little runt got put back in his box.

Last edited:
The man in the waistcoat has dropped prima Donna Sterling after a training ground bust up with Joe Gomez, apparently Sterling shouted “who’s the big man now” and grabbed Gomez around the throat. All after some expected banter from last weekends game.
Southgate acted swiftly.
About time that little runt got put back in his box.
"That's MY beard idea."
IAOUDL8.png

Yet another reason why mid-season International breaks are a terrible idea

Just play them all in the close season when everyone can concentrate fully on their national team

I've not always been his biggest fan but fair play to him, he's been excellent in this tournament. His burst of speed from a standing start has discomforted every defender he's played against.

It's the consistency of his end product that stops him being truly elite but if he can keep the standards he's set in this tournament, he'll be up there with anyone in the world as a wide forward.

It will be interesting to see how the ageing Italian defence cope with him. I think he's the one they are worried about.

I've not always been his biggest fan but fair play to him, he's been excellent in this tournament. His burst of speed from a standing start has discomforted every defender he's played against.

It's the consistency of his end product that stops him being truly elite but if he can keep the standards he's set in this tournament, he'll be up there with anyone in the world as a wide forward.

It will be interesting to see how the ageing Italian defence cope with him. I think he's the one they are worried about.
He reminds me of a slightly better Aaron Lennon, which isn't a slight against either player.

Both very talented but too inconsistent with the end product. They also both contribute(d) more than just goals.

I've always been a massive fan. Yeah, his finishing if often erratic. But he's a winger, not a striker, in the main. I've said before that if he could finish better he'd be the best of the rest after Ronaldo and Messi. He can be a bit of a confidence player at times, but when he's at it he would get into any team in the world. He'll worry the Italians more than anyone, Kane included, believe me.

He is truly elite. His stats for Man City show that. As do his stats for England over the last 2-3 years. In his position he's as good as there is in world football.

I've always been a massive fan. Yeah, his finishing if often erratic. But he's a winger, not a striker, in the main. I've said before that if he could finish better he'd be the best of the rest after Ronaldo and Messi. He can be a bit of a confidence player at times, but when he's at it he would get into any team in the world. He'll worry the Italians more than anyone, Kane included, believe me.
Couldn't disagree more, drop him into our team and he'd be putting up Lucas Moura stats for goals abd assists.

Tap in merchant who benefits greatly from Man City's style of play, and I'd also reckon if you dropped Lucas into the City side he'd be banging in 20-30 a season too.

Couldn't disagree more, drop him into our team and he'd be putting up Lucas Moura stats for goals abd assists.

Tap in merchant who benefits greatly from Man City's style of play, and I'd also reckon if you dropped Lucas into the City side he'd be banging in 20-30 a season too.

Absolute nonsense. If it's that easy to score for City why didn't the like of Sane or currently Mahrez have his stats? Sterling scores a lot of tap in's and rebounds because he has elite movement. His record for England over the last couple of years is as good as Kane's in regards to goals per game.

He is truly elite. His stats for Man City show that. As do his stats for England over the last 2-3 years. In his position he's as good as there is in world football.
Elite players raise the level of their team, put him in a lower calibre team and his output would drop to their level not vice versa.

He hasn't been close to the best player for England this tournament or the biggest concern for Italy, but he hasn't been complete crap and scored more of his tap-ins than he has flubbed which is an improvement for him.

Back
Top Bottom