Prediction for 2021/2022 PL final standing

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

We will be placed ....

• 1st- miracle! Kane stays and help us to our first premier league title!

Votes: 13 7.9%
  • 2nd -4th ... champions league! Here we come!

Votes: 11 6.7%
  • 5-6th ... Europa league... still a slight improvement

Votes: 57 34.5%
  • 7th... not again!

Votes: 18 10.9%
  • 8-12th... boring season... we are beating the relegation team but losing to the others

Votes: 52 31.5%
  • 12-17th. we survived relegation! What a dogfight till the end!

Votes: 11 6.7%
  • Relegation ...Daniel Levey... u asshole!

Votes: 3 1.8%

• Total voters
I've read that Man Utd are planning to go in hard

Even so, it makes sense for us to wait until next summer when there will be two other world class strikers available on the cheap (one with a £75m release clause, another on a Bosman as detailed in the article I linked to). If we have a good season and are able to offer CL football next season, we can either bag one of those and sell Kane or let City and United take the other strikers and keep Kane.

How is 8-12th the highest voted here? Fucking hell Mourinho has done a real number on this club, our own fans don't even rate the players we have anymore. Any manager could get this group to top 6, no problem.

No he isn't. He is employed to run the company like a business, and he does that very well from a business perspective. He is employed by Joe Lewis to give him, his company ENIC and the shareholders a return on their investment. As a consequence we are one of the most successful clubs in world football.

You and many other people think he's useless because the football team that plays for his company are perennial under achievers.

Joe Lewis doesn't give a fuck what you and I think of that policy.
He’ll be dead soon 👍

How is 8-12th the highest voted here? Fucking hell Mourinho has done a real number on this club, our own fans don't even rate the players we have anymore. Any manager could get this group to top 6, no problem.

I don't think this is a José problem to be fair to him; many fans were calling for a rebuild back in the Poch era and didn't rate some of the players back then.
Yes, some players have been added to the squad since then, but not many of them have actually improved us and we've still got too much dead wood.
That is all on Levy in my opinion.

Yeah you're right no point in trying to challenge the titans of West Ham, Leicester and Woolwich they are so much better than our lot :vertna:
Well 2 of those sides did finish above us last year

So the claim that any manager can get this squad into the top 6 no problem doesnt ring true

Unless you really do believe that Mourinho is the worst manager in the world

I don't think this is a José problem to be fair to him; many fans were calling for a rebuild back in the Poch era and didn't rate some of the players back then.
Yes, some players have been added to the squad since then, but not many of them have actually improved us and we've still got too much dead wood.
That is all on Levy in my opinion.

That's a far too simplistic and convenient synopsis.....

I've literally just posted in another thread, but we've brought in 12 players in the last 2 years (many fancied by fans and managers alike!) and have nothing to show for it.

If some of these players had delivered, we wouldn't have played so many of the dead-wood so much.....

Last edited:
Didn’t vote yet as it would only be a gut feeling rather than looking at how the squad evolves for the start of the season….

What we do know is Nuno is the boss, better than Jose but not mind blowing, just praying he does a Pochettino “no expectation success” but my concern is the squad isn’t as peak ready as Poch had, in fact it’s going the opposite direction…
Squad Players outside the obvious few are proving themselves as mid table players at best, and we kinda know how our signings will go, maybe one or two Nuno trusted players if we are lucky and the the rest will be take a punt they work out, we simply aren’t in the market for top quality…

Speaking of top quality, Kane most likely to leave and we will realise how important he is, Bale I can’t see staying, Son needs quality around him to bring out the best in him, outside that the standard drops dramatically, and it will take a miracle to get all of them to perform, maybe Nuno gets one or two to step up, but not 6 or 7…..

Hard for most fans not to be pessimistic to be honest….Title? No chance Top 4? Miracle needed, Europa league? Decent chance, 3rd tier Europa? About our level right now, even with Kane….Domestic cups? Pure luck on the draw….

All in all it’s not looking positive no matter what way our PR machine spins it…..

Gut feeling at the minute, 8th to 12th…

That's a far too simplistic and convenient synopsis.....

I've literally just posted in another thread, but we've brought in 12 players in the last 12 years (many fancied by fans and managers alike!) and have nothing to show for it.

If some of these players had delivered, we wouldn't have played so many of the dead-wood so much.....

I dunno, he’s CEO so ultimately the buck always stops with him as far as I’m concerned.
Did we buy the right players? Were the new players given a chance to deliver? Is someone in the squad running their mouth off to the press? Is the week before a final the right time to sack a manager?
José isn’t entirely blameless, but José was the wrong appointment in the first place and the situation was made worse by him being sacked at such a crucial time. If we’d backed Poch back when he needed it things could have been very different over the last couple of seasons and that’s on Levy.

I dunno, he’s CEO so ultimately the buck always stops with him as far as I’m concerned.
Did we buy the right players? Were the new players given a chance to deliver? Is someone in the squad running their mouth off to the press? Is the week before a final the right time to sack a manager?
José isn’t entirely blameless, but José was the wrong appointment in the first place and the situation was made worse by him being sacked at such a crucial time. If we’d backed Poch back when he needed it things could have been very different over the last couple of seasons and that’s on Levy.

Of course, by virtue of chain of command Levy (Arguably Lewis by your sentiment...?) holds ultimate culpability, but like I say; as a prognosis - in the interestis of improving operations & not repeating mistakes - that IS far too simplistic..... Even your reply acknowledges this (though Poch himself also carrys a degree of the can too).

Speaking of top quality, Kane most likely to leave and we will realise how important he is, Bale I can’t see staying, Son needs quality around him to bring out the best in him, outside that the standard drops dramatically, and it will take a miracle to get all of them to perform, maybe Nuno gets one or two to step up, but not 6 or 7…..

Bale is already off the squad list as is Vinicius so the presumption is that they have already left. The good news is that Jack Clarke has been promoted to the first team squad:

Based on what I saw last season I genuinely think any other manager would have done better, so yeah I guess I kinda do.

I think quality managers could have easily had us in the top 4 last year and top 6 this year.

Unfortunately we hired Nuno instead.

Bale is already off the squad list as is Vinicius so the presumption is that they have already left. The good news is that Jack Clarke has been promoted to the first team squad:
Like to see Jack have a chance, but not expecting much, at least not right away….

Tough season ahead…..Would never have picked Nuno, but no matter how bad it goes gets a free pass, the focus is on his highness….

Like to see Jack have a chance, but not expecting much, at least not right away….
I'd like to see a bit more aggression in his play; see him hold on to the ball a bit more and get into the opposition penalty area like Grealish does. It's close control and quick passing that wins games these days not balls from 40 yards out. The kid's afraid to take players on:

He might actually benefit from playing in the first team with players like Son, Moura and Kane who can get him playing a bit further down and make him feel more at home in the opposition penalty area.

I have no idea as to whether I am really pissed off or really excited.

On the one hand we had boring Joseball and the meltdown, the ESL and then the absolutely shit show of a manager search. We then appoint Paratici who according to a few articles pushed Levy to get Nuno over Potter against most board members view even after Levy had talked about the DNA of the club (Potter who likes attacking possession football where as Nuno is more of the Jose school.). All of this has been as bad a mess as I have seen the club in my 30 plus years of following them.

On the other hand we have some brilliant young players like Skipp, Sess, Scarlett, John, Devine coming through. We have Paratici to be fair linking us with really decent players and looking to move out the deadwood and the stadium might be able to host the football, NFL and Boxing with full capacity soon.

Whatever happens I will probably judge on our style of football. If Nuno keeps his words and try’s to at least half entertain I will probably be happy mostly. If it ends up another AVB or Jose season I will be grumpy. As for Levy I would advise him and Uncle Jose to back Paratici and get some good players in if he wants to win back fans.

For those that like charts, fixture difficulty matrices for the football league:

Spurs are, as of today's aggregate bookmaker odds, 5th favorites. That both sounds plausible and absolutely crazy. No respect for Leicester or West Ham, apparently.

BBC pundits make their predictions.

Predictor1st2nd3rd4th
Alan ShearerChelseaMan CityMan UtdLiverpool
Fara WilliamsChelseaMan CityMan UtdLiverpool
Sue SmithChelseaMan CityMan UtdLiverpool
Chris SuttonChelseaMan CityLiverpoolMan Utd
Rachel Brown-FinnisChelseaMan CityLiverpoolMan Utd
Matthew UpsonChelseaMan CityLiverpoolMan Utd
Rob GreenChelseaLiverpoolMan CityMan Utd
Martin KeownMan CityChelseaLiverpoolMan Utd
Micah RichardsMan CityChelseaLiverpoolMan Utd
Stephen WarnockMan CityChelseaLiverpoolMan Utd