Racism in football

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you boo Prince Harry are you racist against Brits? I mean they are just a symbol of the country! If you don't like them just be quiet. Or not.

The world isn't black and white. Some people might boo due to racism, some for the specific BLM message, some because they don't want political messaging. That's why it's a bad idea to try to force a politically divided audience to espouse a divisive political view.

No one had any issues with previous racism campaigns. Why do you think this has had such a negative response?

Booing a political gesture doesn't make you a racist by default. If you actually believe that I'll be very disappointed.

No, the point is that there's this portrayal today that English people were coming out by the thousands and racially abusing the players, when this simply didn't happen.

How many racial insults were recorded at Wembley? hundreds of thousands of people, pissed as shit.

At least 90% of the abuse was from foreigners. Do you understand this? The issue should not be framed as a domestic issue when the abusers aren't even domestics.
10% was from this country focus on that then. Your point is whataboutism.

Don't worry about the portrayal when the facts are still pretty shit - there was loads of domestic abuse.

You think Priti Patel was being racist by not endorsing BLM? fascinating.

I guess British Indians have reached peak whiteness and must also submit to self hatred and admitting the original sin of racism or they're also racist. Love it.

10% was from this country focus on that then. Your point is whataboutism.

Don't worry about the portrayal when the facts are still pretty shit - there was loads of domestic abuse.
Citation needed.

Idk why you keep posting this as if it's some great gotcha. It just appeals to you if you agree with the original message.

Racist abuse on twitter got WORSE since the start of the BLM campaign. Because it gave trolls way more attention for doing it.

But I guess that's why so many people love it; it gives them something to complain about. Moral panic.

Fk7wRPS.png

Idk why you keep posting this as if it's some great gotcha. It just appeals to you if you agree with the original message.

Racist abuse on twitter got WORSE since the start of the BLM campaign. Because it gave trolls way more attention for doing it.

But I guess that's why so many people love it; it gives them something to complain about. Moral panic.

Do you have any opinions of your own or do you get all of them from undereducated millionaire athletes without any real life knowledge or experience?

If you use at least 90% I would expect it to be close to that. If its 5% instead of 10% the point remains the same.

You're all over the place trying to justify the unjustifiable

Fact of the matter is that the overwhelming majority of racial abuse wasn't by English people, but foreigners. I am not justifying anything, I'm denying it happened. You're part of building a false narrative to satisfy a moral panic. And it will have serious, real world consequences.

Do you have any opinions of your own or do you get all of them from undereducated millionaire athletes without any real life knowledge or experience?

Fact of the matter is that the overwhelming majority of racial abuse wasn't by English people, but foreigners. I am not justifying anything, I'm denying it happened. You're part of building a false narrative to satisfy a moral panic. And it will have serious, real world consequences.
It doesn't matter if the majority was foreign enough was local.

I am not building any false narrative re-read.

Dare I say, checkmate?
Check mate by misrepresenting Patel's views because you dislike her.

It's the most politically shallow and intellectually weak gotcha ever lol. It really exemplifies the degeneration of politics in England.

Disagreeing with BLM simply can't be equated to stoking the 'racist fire'.

It's also hilarious, since Patel is one of the most racially abused people in the country, how she's being blamed. Minority as long as you don't disagree with the white centre left TFC mob... Lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom