A Proper Harry Kane Poll, with no silly options.

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Do you support Kane going on strike ?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.
And the worst part is, it's Harry fucking Kane. You could expect this from everyone in the fucking world, even from Hojbjerg or Son or Vertonghen, but not from Kane. The only person I didn't think was capable of going this far is Harry Kane. And it's why it sucks so much.
Exactly. The very fact it's Harry Kane. One of our own, The very last player you or anyone would ever have expected to be the focal point of this scenario we see played out time and time and fucking time again........
Surely. Surely to fuck people must now realise there is something fundamentally wrong behind the scenes at this football club.
Something festering and rotten within the DNA so putrid that Harry Kane, yes, even HARRY KANE, has now become the hate target of our supporters.

Every time the old cliches get trotted out like No player is bigger than the club blah blah blah. And a couple of years later the whole sordid shit gets played out all over again.

The response of our own supporters is so fucking predictable it's pathetic.

Last edited:
Exactly. The very fact it's Harry Kane. One of our own, The very last player you or anyone would ever have expected to be the focal point of this scenario we see played out time and time and fucking time again........
Surely. Surely to fuck people must now realise there is something fundamentally wrong behind the scenes at this football club.
Something festering and rotten within the DNA so putrid that Harry Kane, yes, even HARRY KANE, has now become the hate target of our supporters.

Every time the old cliches get trotted out like No olayer is bigger than the club blah blah blah. And a couple of years later the whole sordid shit gets played out all over again.

The respnse of our own supporters is so fucking predictable it's pathetic.
I despise the stance Kane has taken and have lost all respect for him.

I also despise Levy/Enic and have lost all respect for them.

Im a mother fucking hater 😎

Every time the old cliches get trotted out like No player is bigger than the club blah blah blah. And a couple of years later the whole sordid shit gets played out all over again.

I don't hate Kane, I'm disappointed with his actions. You know my views on Levy and Enic. I want them gone but not turning up is a slap in the face of every supporter that loves Harry. A truly sad day for us all

He's being terribly advised and in the process has ruined the one thing he'd actually managed to achieve at spurs - the adoration of the fans. Hero to zero in one move.
What about the years of lies and underinvestment by the Chairman - was he terribly advised then too?

I think although yes, it's terrible that it has come to this, we need to question the root cause of Kane's behaviour.

I don't think he's chasing the money, I think he's chasing the titles. Titles that ENIC/Levy refuse to make a liklihood in a spurs shirt.

With spurs's best interests at heart, I hope this behaviour shines a spotlight on the need to be much more ambitious in signing tested talents that makes winning a title more likely.

The majority understand how Kane would want to move on regards how Levy works but throwing your toys out of the pram attitude….Mm not so sure now

"The response of our own supporters is so fucking predictable it's pathetic"

Take a long look in the mirror Joan, then think how much your words apply to you.

Now that players can walk when their contract expires, they should expect to play their best for the duration of the contract that they willingly signed.
Agents include sell triggers of bids of a certain value, relegation etc etc so the player and their advisers, or agent should ensure that the right conditions are detailed to make the contract sustainable and acceptable by both parties.
The club is perfectly within its rights to play him in the reserves for the rest of his contract, but then that's just cutting off your nose to spite your face.
Which aspirational club with a sheikh in charge is going to want a 31 year old with no match fitness or games played in their airline advertisers FC then?
He needs to get back to work and thrash this out so everyone wins.

Levy will then fold and he can go

What silly cunts think it's ok to refuse to do his job that he's contracted to do?
We can all reluctantly accept and empathise with his need to win trophies, but going on strike to achieve it isn't right.

He's not a fucking teacher, or NHS staff member or other civil servant that's been given a paltry fucking 1% raise. He's paid like £200k a week plus bonus to kick a bit of cow skin around some grass for a couple of hours a week. That he was fine with a couple of years ago.

Yes I do, because the biggest cunt at Spurs is Levy. This is a Kane Vs Levy thing, not Kane Vs Spurs or Kane Vs the fans.

Maybe if we had a decent chairman who was genuinely ambitious and genuinely caring about players ambitions I'd think Kane was unreasonable.
But Levy is none of that. He doesn't care that a player of Kanes calibre deserves many medals, he doesn't care that Kane has given this club absolutely everything, breaking record after record and despite playing through pain, has been let down by Levy every year. And we're now on the cusp of dropping back to mid table mediocrity again.

The only way he will get out now is to be a total cunt about it so go for it.

What silly cunts think it's ok to refuse to do his job that he's contracted to do?
We can all reluctantly accept and empathise with his need to win trophies, but going on strike to achieve it isn't right.

He's not a fucking teacher, or NHS staff member or other civil servant that's been given a paltry fucking 1% raise. He's paid like £200k a week plus bonus to kick a bit of cow skin around some grass for a couple of hours a week. That he was fine with a couple of years ago.

He's not a slave either. This could be the next evolution of contract legality after Bosman struck gold.

I loathe ENIC/Levy and think they are responsible for things beginning to unravel on the pitch.
So I sympathised with Kane's position and felt he had a right to want to leave this summer if the right offers came on.

But the fact is, whether you hate ENIC or not, the right offers have not come in for Kane. Unless you think we should sell him on the cheap for some reason, in which case you aren't a Spurs fan.

Therefore what he is doing is a slap in the face to every single fan who sang his name, to his fellow professionals who showed up to training, and to the new manager who I might not have wanted but deserves the respect of Kane turning up.

If Grealish can turn up to training why can't "One of own?"

Everyone knows he wants out, and everyone also knows if the money is right Levy will sell. So this is just about Kane trying to drop his value and stick two fingers up to this club.

Whether you hate ENIC or not, you can surely see that is a cunt move.

I loathe ENIC/Levy and think they are responsible for things beginning to unravel on the pitch.
So I sympathised with Kane's position and felt he had a right to want to leave this summer if the right offers came on.

But the fact is, whether you hate ENIC or not, the right offers have not come in for Kane. Unless you think we should sell him on the cheap for some reason, in which case you aren't a Spurs fan.

Therefore what he is doing is a slap in the face to every single fan who sang his name, to his fellow professionals who showed up to training, and to the new manager who I might not have wanted but deserves the respect of Kane turning up.

If Grealish can turn up to training why can't "One of own?"

Everyone knows he wants out, and everyone also knows if the money is right Levy will sell. So this is just about Kane trying to drop his value and stick two fingers up to this club.

Whether you hate ENIC or not, you can surely see that is a cunt move.
Villa are letting Grealish go and left it up to him, that's why.

Back
Top Bottom