Nuno Espírito Santo

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Nuno

• Total voters

Thanks for posting. Now I have actual proof that Nuno was a goalkeeper, and did actually play football at a decent level. (Occasionally.)

I voted No to Nuno when the poll first came out, before he was appointed, and I'm not changing my vote yet.

But I'm definitely prepared to give Nuno the benefit of the doubt and support him now he actually is our head coach. It's very early days, but if he can coach better offensive movement into our players that would be good.

Crucially, let's hope Paratici actually buys a pair of top class CBs to upgrade last season's farcical offering. Romero would be a great start.

The low number of posts in this thread is testament to his low profile - but honestly the (very very very) early signs of the team under him have been pretty promising.
:nunothumbs:
There are potential positives 1) He isn't Mourinho, 2) Mostly low expectation managers suit us better (Burkinshaw, Jol, Redknapp, Poch, 3) He knows the league, 4) this can't be said enough...he isn't Mourinho. Best we reserve judgement until October/ November when we'll have more of an idea.

There are potential positives 1) He isn't Mourinho, 2) Mostly low expectation managers suit us better (Burkinshaw, Jol, Redknapp, Poch, 3) He knows the league, 4) this can't be said enough...he isn't Mourinho. Best we reserve judgement until October/ November when we'll have more of an idea.
Quite. All reports indicate he wants us to be fit/able to press (something from the Mourinho era that needs to be undone, re: fitness) and be solid enough structurally/in defence.

Once that platform is built, as you say, we can start judging properly on his tactics. I've wondered if he might turn into something of a Jol figure. The Wolves fans really loved him at one point.

Edit: One more thing to add - this might be a good time for us to have a head coach that is happy to get on with it and work with what he's got. Paratici therefore has free rein to makeover the squad without a more opinionated manager demanding certain transfers/vetoing others (something Poch was apparently prone to).

When he gets results out of the players we have. I don't see any point in throwing money at a manager until we know that he's actually doing something.

As long as we sign a decent centre-back to replace Toby and hang on to Harry Kane for this season, I'll be happy with our business in the transfer window. The rest is up to Nuno.
I don't think you can expect him to compete with the same group who have proved they aren't up to the job. You are not going to win enough games when you are relying on dier and sanchez to defend properly and depending on the likes of winks and bergwijn to change games.

I like him, you can tell that he is so happy to be here managing a club like ours. The way he smiles when talking about our fans, how could anyone not want him to do well?

So far he is saying the right things and doing the right things. The players who aren’t good enough are out of the team. We are trying to play more exciting football. We are signing hungry young players. We are working hard on improving our fitness. I get a very Poch-like vibe from him. Unlike Mourinho he sees us as a prestigious step up and not a small club that he is doing a favour by being here. We should all want him to succeed.

I've noticed we seem to pass the ball quicker than I've seen for a long time. Not always as progressive and forward incisive as I'd like but there is a definite fizz in the way the ball is pinged around and it's good to see.

I think, fundamentally, he seems like a really nice guy. He's likeable, and its something Ive dearly missed!

The emphasis on effort, aggression and fitness is massively appreciated too.

Clearly not first choice (or second, third...) and clearly something of a head scratcher in terms of what to expect from him etc - but currently Im happy he's here, happy he is making the right moves, and happy to give him time to show what he can do

Really admire people’s determination to find positives about this appointment, however tenuous they are.

Hope we get genuine cause for optimism going forward.

Unfortunately all I see thus far is a yes man, happy just to be here towing party lines.

Difficult to improve squad🤣🤣🤣

Really admire people’s determination to find positives about this appointment, however tenuous they are.

Unfortunately all I see thus far is a yes man, happy just to be here towing party lines.

That’s just him being polite. You need to look at his actual selections. If it was that difficult to improve our squad he wouldn’t have given Sissoko and Ndombele a combined 0 minutes in preseason.

If he was a yes man he wouldn’t have exiled our most expensive signing of all time.

Too right we should agree Messi’s £500k pw wages and £45m signing on fee. No problem whatsoever

I like him, you can tell that he is so happy to be here managing a club like ours. The way he smiles when talking about our fans, how could anyone not want him to do well?

So far he is saying the right things and doing the right things. The players who aren’t good enough are out of the team. We are trying to play more exciting football. We are signing hungry young players. We are working hard on improving our fitness. I get a very Poch-like vibe from him. Unlike Mourinho he sees us as a prestigious step up and not a small club that he is doing a favour by being here. We should all want him to succeed.

Agree.

Not scared to exile high profile players who don't pull their (in NDombele's case very considerable) weight.

Taking a tough line on Kane's antics.

Giving young hungry players who want to play for our club a chance.

Speaks very positively about being here. Actually looks confident in interviews, unlike Mason (sorry Ryan).

Really hope he succeeds.

Back
Top Bottom