Serge Aurier

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

I just realised Ben Davies is still at the club. Funny that he never gets mentioned as someone who fans hate and want out but also he is never mentioned in any team selections. He is in no man's land, a kind of Spursy purgatory

Why is it “murky behaviour”?

If the player wants to hold a club to an agreed contract - that’s their right.

Just like when a club wants to hold a player (Kane) who wants to leave to an agreed contract… or is not that “murky behaviour”?
He publicly came out and said he wanted to leave Spurs- which would essentially make it difficult for any manager to put him in the team.
However he and his agent then refused all the offers that came in, to enrich themselves and rip off Spurs.

I just realised Ben Davies is still at the club. Funny that he never gets mentioned as someone who fans hate and want out but also he is never mentioned in any team selections. He is in no man's land, a kind of Spursy purgatory

Oh, he's always in my thoughts this time of the year.

Don't you worry.

Dele, Dier, Sanchez, Davies were movable imvho.

That would have been a good start.

Flog and bring in a couple more.

I don't mind keeping Tanguy.

He's a quality player...with a shithouse attitude, yes... but still quality.

Can't do anything about Winks... the boy's deluded af.

Maybe keeping Serge, and Sissy still being close by, will help spark Tanguy back to life.

If that's the case we'd still, at least, be getting value out of Serge.

He publicly came out and said he wanted to leave Spurs- which would essentially make it difficult for any manager to put him in the team.
However he and his agent then refused all the offers that came in, to enrich themselves and rip off Spurs.
Why should he go to a club he doesn't want to play for or offer him less wages?

All credit to Pochettino for his good work (he did a really good job as a manager).... but he certainly is very poor at judging players' character - as he signed 2 players with an attitude that sucks and both were expensive players.
Clubs DO have information about a certain player's "mental attitude" and it was really poor judgment by Pochettino - and the scouts - not to spot those character traits in both Aurier and Ndombele.
Aurier played decent enough last season to be able to get a new club at a decent price but he prefers to sit out his contract. Most probably "well-advised" by his agents.
At least Nuno has shown he does not tolerate the non-sense of Aurier and Ndombele.

Ben Davies every day he walks into Hotspur Way

eddie-murphy-coming-to-america.gif

22:49

BREAKING NEWS
Serge Aurier has agreed to terminate his Tottenham contract by mutual consent.
He leaves on a free.
He had interest from likes of Watford, Real Betis, Spartak Moscow and Genoa but he feels he should be playing at a higher level.

mutual contract termination...surely that means he wont get a penny
It means Spurs don't have to pay him any salary or bonuses - about 3.5m - and that he becomes a free agent. He can then sign for anyone he wants at any time, and we free up a "foreign" space in the squad.

It's roughly about the same value as a 5m sale - no tax or agent fees.

If it happens it's a reasonable result all around, he wasn't going to accept a transfer and we were not going to give him a squad number, he'd have just stunk up the place until next summer.

Terrible signing when you consider why he was suspended by PSG .... let's hope this happens, rarely do I wish players ill so I'll just stick with good riddance.

Back
Top Bottom