Nuno Espírito Santo

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Nuno

• Total voters

How long is this going to go on for? It’s frustrating what’s happened, but you just have to get on with it, holding grudges won’t help anyone.

Imo its his camp looking to put out excuses

And instead of his bad mood we should be focusing on the bad football. That's the main issue here. There is no excuse for how shit we've played all campaign even when everyone was available.

I just wonder at some point if it’s not the personnel we have that dictates our style of play. We have some great straight line speedsters, but on the ball, and in possession, we’re one of the slowest to act and least creative teams I‘ve seen since the last year we had Dembele and Eriksen together. Maybe playing the defensive/countering style is simply the only way this team can compete
I disagree

There are teams with far worse players than us who play much better football.

We've had two of the most defensive coaches possible in Mourinho/Nuno

We played better under Mason btw.

I disagree

There are teams with far worse players than us who play much better football.

We've had two of the most defensive coaches possible in Mourinho/Nuno

We played better under Mason btw.
Agree but it’s only been four PL games. He has three more plus Wolves before I pass judgement

That is the question. No way would Conte come anywhere near us. Did Fonseca find a job in the end? Could see it being someone like him. Serious egg on faces but if Nuno isn't getting results the trigger will be pulled. Really wish we'd gone for the safe pair of hands that would have been Benitez. Yes he's not attacking as such but he would have been a vastly more experienced bloke to get us through this shit show we are currently in.
but get us through what, to what? I'm no NES fan but I don't see the point of another sticky plaster. At some stage we need to do things differently, delaying is just kicking it down the road

but get us through what, to what? I'm no NES fan but I don't see the point of another sticky plaster. At some stage we need to do things differently, delaying is just kicking it down the road
Poch

Agree re:Benitez, we should have gone for him

Not his biggest fan but he’s far more flexible than Jose

Last edited:
Yeah no reason

I’m sure the job is exactly what he expected and Levy has secured all of the players he asked for
Not in a 1000 years he’d get a club like Tottenham give him a call if it wasn’t for Paratici and his Mendes connections. So why wouldn’t he be happy that he’s managing a bigger club than his previous, after a shitty season at the end of which he got more or less sacked by Wolves?

Its all on the champions league for Poch i would have thought. They'll walk the league so he'll be ok as long as they're progressing in the CL. The difference for PSG is they have Conte ready and waiting so any dip and Poch will be gone.
so they win the Champs league, Poch is a winner and he doesn't come to us. They get booted out early and Poch is a serial loser and he comes back to us. It's a lose lose situation.

so they win the Champs league, Poch is a winner and he doesn't come to us. They get booted out early and Poch is a serial loser and he comes back to us. It's a lose lose situation.
Or they get to the semis again and go out? Or the final? Did that make Tuchel a serial loser? I'm not sure about him coming back so this isnt an endorsement of it but just think thats what Levy wants and might well happen but its all about timings. Anyway all pretty irrelevant at the moment as our curent manager has had 4 games.

Last edited:
I like Nuno and have no problem with his football.

jonah-hill-fuck-me.gif

Back
Top Bottom