Let’s Face It - We’re Barely a Top 10 Team Now

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Where do you rate our First 11?

• Total voters
As soon we announced we hired Nuno, I thought wtf!!.... Its clear as day, it is a terrible decision, but that's all on that Levy, he is the cancer of the club.

Getting Mason back would be a disaster also, all he will do is play his buddies in the first 11!

We actually played better under Mason though.

That's the sad state of it. We've been appalling at times this season.

Another serous question

Why isn't Joe Nonce investing some of this 5bn into he team like Abramovich and Mansour?

We know this answer to this. Every pound spent is in attempt to make more than a pound in returns.

We buy a lot of players with potential. Some will work out and when they're sold they go for a huge profit which kind of nullifies the others who are shite.

Everything we spend is calculated and risk assessed.
How much can we make
What do we stand to lose

The Kane thing is gonna hurt them. I hope badly. He's gonna do fuck all this season, we all knew it. Some wouldn't admit it, but we knew it.

There’s 4 good sides, the rest is up for grabs

The ceiling for everyone else is 5th
Why?

Why sit back and accept there are four untouchable sides (one of which Man Ure have been pretty fortunate to be where they are, one Man City we've already beaten this season).

If only Leicester had sat back in 2015 and concentrated on surviving rather than winning the league eh?

Stop making excuses for this shit we're being served and demand better.

"We demand better"? Hell, it worked for the Rangers fans.

Mason is the only manager of the past 2 years or so who got our attack moving, there was interchange, it was like a pound shop Poch approach but it was superior to Jose and so far Nuno.

Mason is the only manager of the past 2 years or so who got our attack moving, there was interchange, it was like a pound shop Poch approach but it was superior to Jose and so far Nuno.

Think it was more through luck than judgement. Just tell then to run about a bit and express themselves.

I couldn't actually comprehend how, in the first 2 games, with all the chances missed by City and Wolves, how people were fooled. We heard talks of Dier and Sanchez being completely different players. That they're now one of the best centre back pairings in the league.

I actually said, almost word for word, "all those of you getting carried away need to mentally prepare yourself for a twatting because it's coming"

I drew comparisons to the 2nd AVB season after Bale went where we scraped a couple of 1-0 wins with a penalty here or there and people thought the Beatles were gonna win us the league. Then it all went horribly wrong.

As the Chelsea fans accurately sang yesterday:
"It's happened again, it's happened agaaaain, tottenham Hotspur, it's happened again"

Think it was more through luck than judgement. Just tell then to run about a bit and express themselves.

I couldn't actually comprehend how, in the first 2 games, with all the chances missed by City and Wolves, how people were fooled. We heard talks of Dier and Sanchez being completely different players. That they're now one of the best centre back pairings in the league.

I actually said, almost word for word, "all those of you getting carried away need to mentally prepare yourself for a twatting because it's coming"

I drew comparisons to the 2nd AVB season after Bale went where we scraped a couple of 1-0 wins with a penalty here or there and people thought the Beatles were gonna win us the league. Then it all went horribly wrong.

As the Chelsea fans accurately sang yesterday:
"It's happened again, it's happened agaaaain, tottenham Hotspur, it's happened again"

The more and more I think about the transfer window the more and more I think we are just waiting for Poch to return after his PSG stint.

I mean we didn’t get what Nuno wanted Traore but bought Bryan Gil who doesn’t fit Nuno’s tactics. He doesn’t want AM’s he want 3 midfielders who can defend and one or two of them who are deep lying playmakers like Neves. He wants wingers who can break the line and a mobile CF. That is his 4-3-3 system.

getting Bryan Gil is more like a Poch singing, a young David Silva type or wide Eriksen. Then buying no back up striker and waiting for Scarlett to mature while buying Sarr who won’t be here till next season.

We didn’t back Nuno remotely, but we looked to build for the following season. To me that suggest one of two things, this season is a write off and Nuno is a Sherwood/Mason figure until we get Poch back or the club is fucking crazy.

We had Lamela and Bale to help out with Mason.

My concern: have they really replaced them? Yesterday I would have killed for a Lamela sub in that 2nd half to wake us all up. That beserker was often like an irn bru enema.

The more and more I think about the transfer window the more and more I think we are just waiting for Poch to return after his PSG stint.

I mean we didn’t get what Nuno wanted Traore but bought Bryan Gil who doesn’t fit Nuno’s tactics. He doesn’t want AM’s he want 3 midfielders who can defend and one or two of them who are deep lying playmakers like Neves. He wants wingers who can break the line and a mobile CF. That is his 4-3-3 system.

getting Bryan Gil is more like a Poch singing, a young David Silva type or wide Eriksen. Then buying no back up striker and waiting for Scarlett to mature while buying Sarr who won’t be here till next season.

We didn’t back Nuno remotely, but we looked to build for the following season. To me that suggest one of two things, this season is a write off and Nuno is a Sherwood/Mason figure until we get Poch back or the club is fucking crazy.

I'm not at all convinced Poch coming back is a good thing.
I got nothing but love for him, but he'd almost certainly come back to Dier, Davies. Sanchez, Winks, Moura, Dele - all players that were there when it all went wrong for him.
PSG have won 6 from 6 in France but needed a 93rd minute goal yesterday in what looked a fairly even game.

We had Lamela and Bale to help out with Mason.

My concern: have they really replaced them? Yesterday I would have killed for a Lamela sub in that 2nd half to wake us all up. That beserker was often like an irn bru enema.
Fucking criminal letting Bale go back if there was a chance he'd have played another season.
but that's been the ENIC M.O over the years, criminal reckless abandonment of first team maintenance.

Considering we had Bale last year, there's no reason we couldn't have signedAT LEAST one forward of Rashford or Martial's status. It was a massive failure this summer.
We should have tried to sign Bale again. Why the hell not?! He scored more goals than anyone aside from Kane and Son and was barely given any minutes by Mou...

Yeah I'd have loved to keep him another year. Assume the wages were too much.
I think Ancelotti actually rates him, so wanted him back at Madrid. I suspect that Bale maybe wanted to give another season at Madrid, possibly to patch it up a little with the club and leave on better terms... I don't know if that's true or not, but that might make some sense, because he left on bad terms last year and if I was him I'd want a good future relationship with a club like that who I'd played for for several years... and had some cracking times with.

...plus maybe at our end, he was expensive and Levy didn't think he'd be worth the effort, or it wasn't going to work out for everybody... I dunno?

Back
Top Bottom