Fabio Paratici

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Whilst I agree wholeheartedly with Guido 🇺🇦 Guido 🇺🇦 that devolving football decisions is very positive, surely questions have to be asked about the people who now have those responsibilities.

It appears Nuno was Paratici’s man. Levy promised a return to our core “to dare is to do” values. And it would appear that neither the MD or the manager share those values.

I would love to know how Paratici sold himself to Levy. Because sure as shit, one of them has been lieing. And given that we ain’t seeing the back of ENIC any time soon I hope it was FP that was neck deep in the BS and Daniel sees the error of his ways really soon.

Last edited:
If he cannot understand the prem and modern attacking football and the nature of Spurs and Spurs fans wanting entertainment he needs to be sacked. He comes across as putting ice cream into the roast dinner, just not compatible.

I liked some of his signings so maybe scouting he can remain if he wants that but the philosophy of the club needs to be positive.

Never a good sign when you can be sure your managerial appointment is a bust after 10 games. I like some of his signings, so I wouldn't judge squad building for a few windows yet, but the Nuno call looks to have been a very bad one.

He must have been surprised when he got offered a role at Tottenham. Who else was gonna give a job to the guy who destroyed the wage structure at Juventus and oversaw them losing their grip on Serie A? Nearly all his so called 'squad building' at that club was a joke, and that was at a team who have their pick of talent in Italy and could attract guys like De Ligt or Ronaldo.

He was very good at signing players on a free by offering them massive contracts. That's it.

This game shows how awful his summer was.

Not a single player we bought this summer was in the starting 11. We had a team that finished 7th last year and looked terrible doing it and Paratici came in and brought in zero players good enough to start ahead of the losers from last season.

His recruitment seems good but the manager selection has been awful
Seems like what we heard about Juventus situation is true.

He has eyes for talents, but he doesn't have a vision for the team. Getting talented players in, but they don't complement as a team. Pissed off Allegri who left. Paratici tried to exercise his authority with his own appointed coaches which turned out to be disaster, as Juventus losing their stronghold as Serie A champion.

Now Allegri is back, Don Fabio has to leave, so Juventus can rebuild. However, doesn't seem like he learned from his stint at Juventus. While we have signed some promising players for the future , it still feels as if we have the same issue right now: no reliable back up CF; bare bone midfield options relying on on going trouble player like Dele, NDombele, GLC to meet the expectation; only one CB signing with no senior CB left at the club. All compounds with a shitshow of new manager search to end up with Nuno and falsely advertised "DNA" PR campaign.

I think he's brought in some promising talent so I don't have any beef with him just yet. Imagine the job he's got trying to pimp an over-valued Winks and half-awake donkeys like Sanchez.

He persuaded Levy to appoint Nuno. He pulled the plug on fonseca because he was 'too attacking'
He finished the window leaving us incredibly light on attack while not improving the squad greatly

He seriously has to be questionned. So far a dissapointment!

He persuaded Levy to appoint Nuno. He pulled the plug on fonseca because he was 'too attacking'
He finished the window leaving us incredibly light on attack while not improving the squad greatly

He seriously has to be questionned. So far a dissapointment!
I don't know how you can say he didn't significantly improve the squad. It's too early to judge one way or another, but if I had to decide now, I'd say Romero, Emerson, and Gil are a big improvement. Romero and Emerson are much better than their alternatives, and Gil is a good rotation player on top of being a young talent with obvious potential.

I don't know how you can say he didn't significantly improve the squad. It's too early to judge one way or another, but if I had to decide now, I'd say Romero, Emerson, and Gil are a big improvement. Romero and Emerson are much better than their alternatives, and Gil is a good rotation player on top of being a young talent with obvious potential.

We upgraded CB & RB whilst adding a player who is one for the future, but also lost Bale from last season who was by a distance our 3rd top scorer, and lost CF depth in Vinicius who was providing cover for Europe. Sissoko and Lamela were pretty useless, but again .. depth which wasn't replaced.

So 'significantly' improving the squad from last season is certainly debatable. As is saying Emerson is 'much better' than the alternatives when so far for my money he's had one solid game and one poor/meh one. I fully expect him to be better, but the jury is still very much out.

We upgraded CB & RB whilst adding a player who is one for the future, but also lost Bale from last season who was by a distance our 3rd top scorer, and lost CF depth in Vinicius who was providing cover for Europe. Sissoko and Lamela were pretty useless, but again .. depth which wasn't replaced.

So 'significantly' improving the squad from last season is certainly debatable. As is saying Emerson is 'much better' than the alternatives when so far for my money he's had one solid game and one poor/meh one. I fully expect him to be better, but the jury is still very much out.
Yeah, I said it was too early to judge, but if I had to say, Emerson definitely looks better than any RB we had for a long time. Saying he had one poor match, without mentioning it was after he was with the squad for two days, with the team down to ten men, and with Davies at CB, is a borderline misleading.

Back
Top Bottom