Fabio Paratici

• The Fighting Cock is a forum for fans of Tottenham Hotspur Football Club. Here you can discuss Spurs latest matches, our squad, tactics and any transfer news surrounding the club. Registration gives you access to all our forums (including 'Off Topic' discussion) and removes most of the adverts (you can remove them all via an account upgrade). You're here now, you might as well...

Get involved!

Latest Spurs videos from Sky Sports

Its why I put the Paratici hit peice in the media bias section. Its bogus, and clearly like the players hate grumpy Nuno story part of a campaign. They are scared we have accidentally found a coach and don't want us threatening their paradise. Man United Liverpool City Chelsea. Thats the way they want it folks .

It’s cringe. But it’s certainly bullshit.

I don't even see the cringe tbh..... We've seen coaches and assistant managers get animated; if a couple of the suits wanna get amped up good luck to them... They'd only get castigated for being emotionally un-involved office-types otherwise.

Here's the whole article about Paratici being on the bench. Maybe them being there keep the subs' minds on the field rather than off-field activities :cool:
Personally, I think this really is a non-issue planted by someone who wants to upset Spurs. Not long ago it was Kane the players were upset about, then it was Nuno and now it's Paratici & Hitchen.
Soon The Sun will write an article about Spurs players (on the bench) being unhappy about noisy Spurs fans as they can't hear each other talking due to the noise...

And although Tottenham are on a high — top of the league with three wins from three — some players are said to be uncomfortable with the presence and behaviour of Paratici and Hitchen.

A source said: “It just doesn’t sit right with the players.

"The substitutes on the bench don’t feel they are able to speak freely among themselves with those guys sitting next to them.

“The players as a whole don’t like it when the two of them are on their feet shouting at the match officials or the team.”

But they will have to put up with it until at least October.

It is understood that the pair are on the bench because the Premier League’s pandemic protocols require all players and staff in the “red zone” testing pool to be seated together in designated areas.

The league is hoping it will be able to modify the regulations next month.

Comment section (from Daily Mail):
Nanny State, Broken Britain, United Kingdom,
This story is from Dan King of The Sun, he's always throwing dirt at Tottenham but it very rarely sticks. Saddo.

Last edited:
So, the Sun story is probably bs. Rag paper. At the same time, there is some chance there's truth to it. The pair of them are seated a row behind, and two or three seats across from where the non-match-day-squad players and some of the just-subbed players sit. So there's shots of Paratici bellyaching with guys like Rodon, Ndombele, Sessegnon and Bergwijn within 2/3 seats of him.

I'm tore on the matter myself. I don't mind it in a way, it's good to see the passion, and we're definitely a squad that's in need of developing a competitive edge. You'd hope that such passion being displayed from the top down will bleed itself into the players. The other side of it is that all the gesticulating seems a bit performative, especially in the case of Hitchen who seems to be following Paratici's lead.

So, the Sun story is probably bs. Rag paper. At the same time, there is some chance there's truth to it. The pair of them are seated a row behind, and two or three seats across from where the non-match-day-squad players and some of the just-subbed players sit. So there's shots of Paratici bellyaching with guys like Rodon, Ndombele, Sessegnon and Bergwijn within 2/3 seats of him.

I'm tore on the matter myself. I don't mind it in a way, it's good to see the passion, and we're definitely a squad that's in need of developing a competitive edge. You'd hope that such passion being displayed from the top down will bleed itself into the players. The other side of it is that all the gesticulating seems a bit performative, especially in the case of Hitchen who seems to be following Paratici's lead.
Remember Poch saying that we were too soft and polite. That the antics of the Juve directors on the sideline put pressure on the ref when they knocked us out of the ECL. That we need more of this.One of the villains of that was one Fabio Paratici. Keep up the good work Fabio

Back
Top Bottom